Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 12:55 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,634,833 times

Advertisements

The stretch of U.S. 65 between Ozark and Branson has some of the Ozarks’ most impressive scenery. There are lush, rolling hills, distant horizons and, if you look east, one of the biggest homes in the United States.

A house currently under construction near Highlandville spans almost a full acre from wall to wall, on a 500-acre site. The ambitious project, nearly three years in and barely at the first floor, totals 72,000 square feet.

Rest here

Talk about some room to stretch out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 01:16 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
The stretch of U.S. 65 between Ozark and Branson has some of the Ozarks’ most impressive scenery. There are lush, rolling hills, distant horizons and, if you look east, one of the biggest homes in the United States.

A house currently under construction near Highlandville spans almost a full acre from wall to wall, on a 500-acre site. The ambitious project, nearly three years in and barely at the first floor, totals 72,000 square feet.

Rest here

Talk about conspicuous consumption. We could fit our whole house in the library.

Guess we really are just some of the "little people!"

Old 01-15-2011, 07:26 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:

Rest here

Living proof that conspicuous consumption is alive and well. Too bad Mr. Huff's family is not more inclined to philanthropy. At least the property taxes will help the county.

I hope that he gets to enjoy it more than Mr. Plaster got to enjoy Evergreen.

Maybe I can get a full time job there vacuuming the floor. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-15-2011, 07:26 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,093,179 times
I dunno, the fact that it is owned by some guy that sells stuff to the federal department of defense gives me the creeps. Who knows what creepy spy stuff might go on there.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:13 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
I dunno, the fact that it is owned by some guy that sells stuff to the federal department of defense gives me the creeps. Who knows what creepy spy stuff might go on there.
Our tax dollars hard at work!

Old 01-16-2011, 01:21 AM

2,896 posts, read 6,634,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Living proof that conspicuous consumption is alive and well. Too bad Mr. Huff's family is not more inclined to philanthropy. <snip>
How do you know they aren't?

Old 01-16-2011, 08:27 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,059,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
Will let those that desire to read such as the following very fast & limited googling results has found to decide for themselves what all "spy stuff" be around us,,, in this brave new world:

Sensor Systems Joins Overwatch Systems Group - Technology News - redOrbit
Persistent Surveillance & ISR at AUSA 2009
Textron Systems Combines Overwatch Geospatial Systems and Overwatch Tactical Operations. | North America > United States from AllBusiness.com (http://www.allbusiness.com/crime-law-enforcement-corrections/crime/12640631-1.html - broken link)
Textron Systems Acquires WMS | Sensors
Overwatch To Keep Any Eye On SATCOM Solutions For Yahsat : Satnews Publishers
Solid-State Laser Programs Advance | AVIATION WEEK
,,,etc...

Quite the digs, for quite the people, who are involved with quite the company, all here to help protect us / US, with us's money.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:03 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
The stretch of U.S. 65 between Ozark and Branson has some of the Ozarks’ most impressive scenery.
I agree! Driving through that route on a summer evening as the sun is setting is beautiful - the shadows, the trees, the hills, the winding highway ahead in the distance.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:14 PM

364 posts, read 1,420,808 times
If the man earned the money let him spend it any way he sees fit. Making a profit is not a crime.

Would I build such a house? No. Do I have a problem with him building it? No. I sure would like to have his bank account though. I bet the homebuilder doesn't have any issues with doing the work.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:35 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,857 times
yeppers that's lotts a house, I reckon even if I hit the Lotto I wouldn't want that much house though. I'd take a small house on a lot of land....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area