Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2007, 04:56 PM

318 posts, read 727,199 times

Advertisements

Ok I have finally had it! Does anyone know of any DSL services available in Strafford. I have been trying to email pic's and just get plane frustrated! Anyone out there with any info, please advise.. THANK YOU!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 07:26 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,634,833 times
we couldn't get dsl here where we are but cable internet was available. Is this available in Strafford? The cable just smokes the capabilities of the dsl we had in so CA. My neighbor has hughsnet satellite but they wanted a pile of benjies up front so the cable has been a much better deal for us. There is also "line of sight" high speed here in Nixa proper but I don't know how wide spread the availability of that service is in SWMO.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:32 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,551,570 times
Now I don't know if you got this in Missouri but Verizon does phone,cable and internet. You should check it out.Sorry I ain't much help but Verizon is well known it wouldn't hurt to call them.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:03 PM

Well..... I live outside the city limits, so cable is not yet available in my area. I also checked out the whole satelite thing and they wanted so much for the equipment. I just cant beleive with all the technology why it takes so long.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:06 PM

72 posts, read 280,165 times
Default No Verizon in Springfield

I have Verizon now and my phone works great in Springfield, in fact there are Verizon cell towers there but Verizon does not offer Cell or landline service there unfortunately. I now have my landline, cell phones, and Directv all thorugh Verizon with the bundle package here in California at a great discount. Is directv there in Ozark? I need to call tomorrow as I am moving there next week.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4inMO View Post
Well..... I live outside the city limits, so cable is not yet available in my area. I also checked out the whole satelite thing and they wanted so much for the equipment. I just cant beleive with all the technology why it takes so long.
DOH!! I just thought of something. I take it you have satellite TV?? If not or if so Dish Network has high speed internet that I almost went with but the cable was cheaper. Just another option.

DISH Network -- High Speed Internet (http://tinyurl.com/35544r - broken link)

Old 07-22-2007, 09:34 PM

Thanks for the info DaJammer. I do have Dish and when I first got it, they didn't have this available, which was over a year ago. I will check it out. Thanks again.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4inMO View Post
Thanks for the info DaJammer. I do have Dish and when I first got it, they didn't have this available, which was over a year ago. I will check it out. Thanks again.
I know there is still a fee for the equipment but it is less than half of the hughsnet stuff. I've had Dish literally since their inception and have found the service to be very good. I sure hope you find a solution soon as dial up is very aggravating.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:45 AM

393 posts, read 1,736,570 times
Have DSL with AT&T, and am happy with it. Cable was cost prohibitive for me.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:29 PM

Well to all my price searching, satelite is the way I will have to go. Between the 3, Direct TV, Dishnetwork and AT&T, they all have a silver ($49.95)pkg. AT&T is $55, Gold ($69.95)pkg. and Platinum ($79.95) pkg. All have the same down/upload speed and descriptions to all their options. The only difference is the equipment with Dish @ $199, AT&T @ $299 and Direct @ $289. I guess it is the price to pay for some sanity in our household. Thanks Dajammer for the link that started it all. I soon will be able to enjoy the internet at hopefully lightning speed compared to dial up. I couldn't even check certain parts of their advertising due to the slow, slow, slow dial up that I have now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area