Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2011, 10:39 AM

6 posts, read 14,634 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'v lived in Stone County " Crane, Mo" for two years now. I moved here from Sedalia, Mo. I love it down here!!! I just want to know people around here. If you have a facebook, could you please send me a friend request. My name is Mary Landon my profile picture is of me holding flowers, and a black shirt on. I'v tried to find people on facebook from Stone county, but no luck. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 12:43 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,562,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jypsy1965 View Post
Hi, I'v lived in Stone County " Crane, Mo" for two years now. I moved here from Sedalia, Mo. I love it down here!!! I just want to know people around here. If you have a facebook, could you please send me a friend request. My name is Mary Landon my profile picture is of me holding flowers, and a black shirt on. I'v tried to find people on facebook from Stone county, but no luck. Thank you!
You've lived in Stone County two years, and you don't know anyone?
And you're solution is to get to know your neighbors on Facebook?
I am extremely old, so this newfangled method of fitting into the community seems crazy to me.

Do these methods no longer work?

1. Find a church.
2. Get involved in a club.
3. Subscribe to the paper and keep up on local fairs, festivals, activities, as well as local news.
4. Go to those fairs, festivals and activities, such as school plays, concerts and games.
5. Volunteer on community projects.
6. Find the local bluegrass jam sessions and attend.
7. Go to farmers markets and talk to people.

Just get out of the house.

Of course, if you are confined to a wheelchair or homebound, I guess you'll have to use Facebook and find other methods of getting to know people.

Good luck.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:50 PM

Thanks "ozarksboy" ! No, I'm not confined in anyway. It's not that I don't know anyone at all, I know a few people. I would like to know more though. I do get out often. Been trying to find a job, seems like the jobs are mostly seasonal work, or taken as soon as they become available. I'm a friends type of person, I like to have friends to interact with, have picnics, ect..., I have started going back to church which does help with meeting people in the area, amung other reasons for which we attend church. Good advice, I'll check into them.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:13 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Perhaps you should consider joining us later this month for pizza with the Over the Fence Coffee Club. Most of us are in Stone County.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:35 AM

You know, I was just reading up on that, on another forum!! Thanks for bringing it to my attention in-case I hadn't. I'm considering doing just that, thank you!

Old 05-01-2011, 11:04 AM

879 posts, read 2,879,193 times
Lightbulb Springfield Women's Hospitality Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jypsy1965 View Post
Welcome to the area. There is a Women's Hospitality Club in Springfield. There are a few women from Crane that belong to the club (along with women from many many towns around here). We meet for lunch one a month and there are several clubs and groups you can get involved with...at least long enough to meet a few more people. One of my best friends is from Crane and I met her thru the club. If you want more information let me know via a PM. Or you can ping their website.

Old 07-22-2011, 02:42 PM

2 posts, read 4,237 times
I live in Stone county also and don't know too many people myself. I did not find your name on facebook.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:43 PM

23 posts, read 52,810 times
You could try Meetup.com and see if there are any groups you could join that interest you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area