Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2007, 12:33 PM

3 posts, read 8,032 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar with Shell Knob MO?

My husband and I plan to vacation there in a few weeks and we were wondering how the roads are driving into this small town from Springfield. We are thinking about retiring in this area somewhere - perhaps Branson or Springfield - or perhaps somewhere on the lake

We are really not sure if we should stay closer to Branson as we are not that used to driving around the mountains. However we prefer the lake - and are not really that interested in the shows and attractions in Branson - so we thought perhaps Shell Knob might be a nice place to stay.

We have never been to the Springfield/Branson area...Any thoughts on Shell Knob?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 12:43 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Talking Beautiful Shell Knob...

The Shell Knob area...now we're talking about the whole mailing address area, right?
The roads are fine. 2 lane blacktop. Open year 'round.
Curving, hilly, yes. You'll get used to them!
One decent grocery store, a couple of local restaurants.
Beautiful, laced with various arms of Table Rock Lake!
BUT...Most of my clients find Shell Knob a little isolated for year 'round living...there are a larger percentage of summer homes there.
There are more full timers as you get closer to Branson, say, in Kimberling City. KC has a library, a couple of good clinics, two good grocery stores, restaurants, hardware stores, a superstore in Branson West.
It depends on the kind of lifestyle you are looking for! Do you crave isolation?
Your money will possibly go farther in Shell Knob/Lampe/Eagle Rock....I'd say shop around!
AND you WILL get used to the roads!

Old 08-06-2007, 10:13 AM

879 posts, read 2,879,193 times
Default Shell Knob...depends on your likes

I agree with Lake Junkie...tis a bit too far from a city for me but it's in a beautiful part of the area. There are a several small restaurants, a GREAT steak house (The Steak Inn), grocery store, liquor store, senior center, urgent care center, banks, home improvement centers, etc.. but mostly smaller type. If you crave city you'll probably feel like your too far out. If your looking for country living your money will go further out there. LOTS of people from Kansas own property out in that area.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:20 AM

1 posts, read 3,389 times
My Grandparents lived there for some time, though I was not able to visit them often except in the 1970's during one of my Mothers marriages, I found the geographic location charming and very beautiful. Hope you like it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area