Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 10:40 PM

10 posts, read 34,604 times

Advertisements

What do you all think - Willard schools, W Farm Road 82. I would have to go into Springfield around Glenstone and Sunshine. I like having a little room for the dog to run. But what about phone service? Television? And was told I would use Propane for heat, window a/c. I think I would like to be out of the city and have a little space between neighbors. Just wonder if you know of any particular problems out this way. I did find childrens swing sets, and swimming pools so it looks like a kid friendly place. Thanks for any advice. I need to find a place to rental next week! I'll be heading out of Arizona Sunday. I am so excited and scared!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 11:22 PM

64 posts, read 149,033 times
My family is in the process of looking for a temporary rental house in Springfield, and we've discovered something that struck me as unusual: when you rent a house it won't necessarily come with a refrigerator!

The first place I looked at that didn't have a refrigerator, I thought, "gee, that's weird." Then another place specifically mentioned that it included a refrigerator as though it were a perk, because not all places do.

Providing one's own refrigerator would be expensive, not to mention logistically tricky (not exactly the kind of thing you can go pick up at the store and bring home yourself, like for instance a window unit air conditioner). Basically out of the question for us.

So for anyone looking to rent in Springfield MO, double-check whether the place comes with a fridge!

Old 07-10-2011, 11:22 AM

914 posts, read 2,206,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mother mammal View Post
My family is in the process of looking for a temporary rental house in Springfield, and we've discovered something that struck me as unusual: when you rent a house it won't necessarily come with a refrigerator!

The first place I looked at that didn't have a refrigerator, I thought, "gee, that's weird." Then another place specifically mentioned that it included a refrigerator as though it were a perk, because not all places do.

Providing one's own refrigerator would be expensive, not to mention logistically tricky (not exactly the kind of thing you can go pick up at the store and bring home yourself, like for instance a window unit air conditioner). Basically out of the question for us.

So for anyone looking to rent in Springfield MO, double-check whether the place comes with a fridge!
As a landlord I always thought this to be strange also. But I cannot tell you how many times I have had to put my fridge in storage because the tenant wanted to use theirs.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:13 PM

3 posts, read 6,216 times
My husband and I are moving out of Coryell Crossing at the end of next month due to a rent increase. They want to charge "market value" for our apartment and thus increase our rent, after being with them for two years. It's kind of a slap in the face. Thanks, new management.
But ANYWAY, we are also looking at rental properties. We're sick of apartments. Even the nice ones are slowly becoming overrun by loud, obnoxious, drunken college students. We would like a three bedroom house with 1.5 bathrooms at the very least. We're not picky about garages, but they seem to come with a lot of houses. We're also open to possibly buying, but that idea scares the pee out of me. What has everyone seen as far as price ranges for rental houses? We've seen anything from $675 (Willard) to over $800. We'd like to get away with paying $750 at the VERY most. What neighborhoods have you all looked in? We would like somewhere in SW or midtown.
Also, I did speak to a landlady who said she would let us use her refrigerator. I think it's weird that they're often times not already in the house. Sanitation issues?

Old 07-18-2011, 10:01 PM

23 posts, read 52,810 times
We checked for months before moving here on Craigslist, but we actually found our place by driving around.
If you have a rough idea of the area you like, just drive around and look for signs, they usually have them off of the main roads too.
Usually this way the house is rented out by the owner and not an agency.

We chose a nice neighborhood, but there are literally no kids around (even though there is a school and parks just down the street), and I have four, so we did make a mistake regarding that.

I had read once that Springfield was not a good city to raise children in, and now I can kind of see why. I think most families live in the suburbs.

Our place did not come with a fridge or washer and dryer. I did'nt want to lug them across the country, (as the other places we have rented from have always had appliances), but now I am glad we did, as we surely could'nt have afforded new ones.
Next time we will be looking in Willard, North of Springfield, or Ozark.

After being home "owners" for 6 years I would never again put a loan on a house. It is a big mistake for most in this country and this economy. We plan on saving money to purchase land, and then a house. Save up money for a house, or get a short term mortgage. Most people don't ever pay off a 30 year mortgage, or can't get rid of the house they hoped to make an investment on.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:41 PM

64 posts, read 149,033 times
Incidentally, we checked the Springfield News Leader for rental listings on the day that was supposed to be the big day for that (Thursday?) and it had almost no rentals listed.

We had better luck looking in the Thrifty Nickel.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:44 PM

1 posts, read 743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by depthcrush View Post
My boyfriend and I are deciding to rent out a house in the Springfield area. We have a lot of options open in terms of location of Springfield. We're just looking to stay beneath $500 a month.

To be honest, I like knowing as much as I possibly can. I've scoured ads and started researching a place I actually liked by 417 Rentals (Chris Gatley?) I was extremely surprised by what I found about renting out a place before it was bought. It sounds like a nightmare. Which is why I came here.

I was curious if anyone knew of good or bad things about the realtors here? We're looking to move by or before August 15th 2011.

I'd appreciate anything. Thank you.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS, 417 RENTALS AND HOLLY RENTALS WITH CHRIS GATELY!!
HIS PROPERTIES HAVE BEEN IN THE NEWS FOR BED BUGS, WITH HIM REFUSING TO SPRAY.
He has been reported often for not taking care of his properties and fined many times by the city of Springfield, mo.
Where I am now; there is several pieces of kitchen stuff in the yard right now.
Including one small pot with a few strands of spaghetti with mushroom sauce, broken clear glass plates, a wooden spoon, broken kitchen storage items, broken toys,and a small wicker basket.
In the back, in parts over the broken pavement, is glass, trash, and broken beer bottles.
I am packing up to move as soon as I can. But then, he may sell this property again in a few months, but then, I may get another slumlord in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area