Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 06:36 PM

111 posts, read 392,724 times

Advertisements

Highlandville, MO, needs a barber. This area is in the center between Springfield and Branson, MO, within 20 minutes either direction. This is a growing location, outside of Nixa about 8 miles south. Southwest of the Ozark/Sparta Exit off Hwy 65, just off Hwy EE @ Hwy 160. Good location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 09:20 PM

3 posts, read 6,516 times
Thanks for the tip on Highlandville, we will be down there the first part of Oct to check out the area.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:07 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,654,796 times
Welcome to the forum, Steve...er...MrsSteve!

Be sure to come back and tell us how your trip went, okay?

MrsG

Old 09-21-2008, 09:20 AM

20 posts, read 51,648 times
Cool Nixa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
I hear ya! That one person posting prior to you mentioned traffic. It couldnt be worse then the Inland Empire Could it? BTW thanks for all the info.

Nixa has little rofl in the way of traffic IF to what you're referring is California's 'inland empire'; they think 10 cars at a stoplight is a traffic jam. The 65 'freeway' here lol is like the 55 freeway in OC was about 1971. Nixa is much better, traffic wise, than Springfield any day and much (MUCH) less frenetic. However, its funny to listen to 'complaints' about travelling '''all the way''' to Springfield or vice versa. The problem per se is that there are really no north/south freeways here (unless your route takes you to the 65) so you tool along with everyone else on the main artery - ie Campbell/160 (sort of named like Coast Hwy, PCH etc - different names/same thoroughfare). Try Google Earth to scope out an area - you don't want to end up near a gravel pit,for example.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:25 AM

Thumbs up Nixa Schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtyish View Post
Thank you for your insightful pro/cons. I take everyone's opinion at what it is~ how they see the world and then try to find out for myself. Being thousands of miles away and deciding to make a move to a place I've never heard of let alone seen is nerve rattling so all opinions are precious to me.
I'm a Ca teacher that's been teaching 6th, 2nd, and now kinder for the past 13 years. Can you direct me to sites, school information, counties? Anything that would help in making an out of state transfer feasible would be great appreciated. I assumed you were a teacher as well. . .
Again, thank you!
Angela

...just to let you know that Nixa seems to have one of the best reputations with regards to their school system in the area; many move to Nixa FOR the schools for their children. That being said, they have MANY applications for teacher's position and, therefore, get to choose the cream of the crop! Hope that gives you some insight at a chance to work with the best staff/teachers in the area

Old 09-21-2008, 02:25 PM

116 posts, read 228,920 times
OK Nixa or Forseyth ? pros & cons. Also Average price of older home in a nice quaint area of either city. Thanks Skiper

Old 09-22-2008, 05:34 AM

Smile Nixa or Forsyth

am too 'citified' to recommend Forsyth. lol

try realtor.com for housing prices.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:17 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wyoming View Post
Thanks for the tip on Highlandville, we will be down there the first part of Oct to check out the area.
Looks like this area is going to have a number of us checking them out. My wife and I are coming to Nixa and Ozark in October to find a home to buy.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:26 PM
mt1

2 posts, read 4,210 times
Hi! Our family is also looking at the Springfeild/Branson/Places in between area for relocation. Our children now go to a christain private school, due to the public schools not being very good in our area. Do you have any in the Nixa/Ozark area? I have read all about the new subdivisions, but do they also have older homes that just need remodeled? Thanks to everyone who takes the time to welcome those looking to move to your beautiful area.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:45 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,427,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt1 View Post
Our children now go to a christain private school, due to the public schools not being very good in our area. Do you have any in the Nixa/Ozark area?
New Covenant Academy is on the Southwest side of Springfield, if that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area