Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 10:36 PM

684 posts, read 1,150,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
If you lived in a Muslim country you would hear the call to prayer 4 or more times a day. Would that insult you? Would you insist they stop it? When in Rome kind of thing.

America is MOSTLY a Christian country and until we aren't any more I guess people will hear about Jesus and the Christian religion. I don't understand the people who think they won't. Branson is VERY religious and into honoring the military. If you don't like that kind of thing then ignore it or don't go there. The same thing you would need to do in a Muslim country if you aren't Muslim.
My wife and I recently went to Branson for three days, to see what the attraction is. We came away with two observations:
1. Confederate flags are for sale on every corner.
2. We saw absolutely no black people. None. I think I know why.

I will say that the big outlet mall was nice; and the Tiger Haven north of town was terrific. The "entertainment", pretty lame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 01:59 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky1949 View Post
My wife and I recently went to Branson for three days, to see what the attraction is. We came away with two observations:

I will say that the big outlet mall was nice; and the Tiger Haven north of town was terrific. The "entertainment", pretty lame.
I would say that you didn't look around very much at all if you didn't see any blacks, but then, you only posted what you did to be able to say how you view the area to be racist. I think I know why.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:22 PM

155 posts, read 278,839 times
I live in branson and dont think I have ever seen any conferedate flags.
there are blacks that live here and there are many that are tourists. I see them
everyday!
as far as entertainment. what was lame about it.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:19 PM

971 posts, read 1,453,292 times
Quote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I never noticed the Confederate flags, guess I am accustomed to them, will have to look closer.
I have seen blacks in Branson but never really thought much about it.
I started into the mall behind Whitewater the other day and found it roped off. Guess the other two are still operational.
I didn't know about Tiger Haven. So many shows come and go with out our knowledge and participation.
My wife and I have attended a couple hundred shows over the years and can honestly say that we never attended one that we didn't enjoy. We may be much easier to please than some people.

"Different strokes for different folks." IMO

Old 08-27-2012, 06:28 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff_Dweller View Post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I never noticed the Confederate flags, guess I am accustomed to them, will have to look closer.
I have seen blacks in Branson but never really thought much about it.
I started into the mall behind Whitewater the other day and found it roped off. Guess the other two are still operational.
I didn't know about Tiger Haven. So many shows come and go with out our knowledge and participation.
My wife and I have attended a couple hundred shows over the years and can honestly say that we never attended one that we didn't enjoy. We may be much easier to please than some people.

"Different strokes for different folks." IMO
It's permanent and not a show. Here's a link. Home

As for the rest, we're in Branson often to shop, eat, have medical appointments or occasionally go to a show since we live about 20 miles south of it. Funny! It never occurred to me to take a "racists" inventory of the place. We all just get along.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:32 AM

971 posts, read 1,453,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
It's permanent and not a show. Here's a link. Home

As for the rest, we're in Branson often to shop, eat, have medical appointments or occasionally go to a show since we live about 20 miles south of it. Funny! It never occurred to me to take a "racists" inventory of the place. We all just get along.
Thank you for educating me on the Tiger Haven, Curmudgeon it looks interesting. Since there is no we anymore, I hit Branson once a week for one good meal and of course bring half of it home for a midnight snack. I don't get out too much with the high price of things anymore. I mostly do my traveling on my laptop. LOL

Yes, I think the best we can say about this area is, "We all just get along".

Hugs to Mrs. C., life is not much fun without them.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:

We have visited a few times and never paid much attention to what color the residents or the tourist were, maybe that is because we saw a little of everything. If you don't like visiting there, by all means find other places that are more to your liking. As for confederate flags, the same, we have never seen them or at least not so much to make them stand out. Yes, the city is on the conservative side, it is a family oriented tourist attraction originally based on country and western music and yes, there has always been some religious influence in much of the entertainment. But this doesn't spell racist, all white, bible thumping or any such thing...

Nita

Old 08-27-2012, 05:18 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff_Dweller View Post
Thank you for educating me on the Tiger Haven, Curmudgeon it looks interesting. Since there is no we anymore, I hit Branson once a week for one good meal and of course bring half of it home for a midnight snack. I don't get out too much with the high price of things anymore. I mostly do my traveling on my laptop. LOL

Yes, I think the best we can say about this area is, "We all just get along".

Hugs to Mrs. C., life is not much fun without them.
Sorry about the "we" loss. That has to be tough. Leftovers are half the fun of eating out sometimes. I'm particularly fond of cold, leftover pizza for breakfast. If you haven't already, give Pizza by the Chef in Hollister (Country Mart shopping center) a try.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:33 PM

26 posts, read 48,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Baed upon what you felt you had to post twice, you must be the epitome of a conservative as described in that piece of dreck you linked.

I see the article must have hit home enough, that you would have a surly reply. That's OK. You have just substantiated the article I posted. You can always challenge this scientific evidence if you don't like it, but perhaps you lack that capability too? Anyway, the article has been been accepted worldwide, so live with it. If you want to take it up with the chief researcher, he is in this link: Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice | Racism, Bias & Politics | Right-Wing and Left-Wing Ideology | LiveScience

Old 09-07-2012, 07:14 PM

620 posts, read 1,232,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving46 View Post
I live in branson and dont think I have ever seen any conferedate flags.
there are blacks that live here and there are many that are tourists. I see them
everyday!
as far as entertainment. what was lame about it.
You have never seen a confederate flag in Branson....have you EVER driven down the strip? I can drive down the strip on any given day and probably count 10 or so, just sayin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area