Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2007, 05:00 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,380,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
With the inclimate weather coming tomorrow night, are we still going to be able to have our "meeting"? It sounds like we will be snowed in!!

http://bestsmileys.com/winter/20.gif (broken link)

We might have to break out the huskies to get there!
That was the risk when we planned a December event...let's all watch the weather & we'll make a group decision by Saturday morning!

Sound good?

Old 12-13-2007, 05:23 PM

526 posts, read 1,246,021 times
Well IF you guys get to have your meeting, and I sure hope you do, think of those of us that can't make it this time. Ya'll can eat our share of the cookies and drink our share of the java, that way it will all be calorie free cause it's our share not yours............

Old 12-14-2007, 08:33 AM

1,640 posts, read 3,652,963 times
I wondered the same thing, Darlynn! Btw, LOVE that GIF!!!

I'm sorry, L J, but I'm wondering if we ought to "call it" earlier because that means we're gonna have a lot of cookies to eat if we don't cancel or reschedule soon. Besides, if I remember correctly, the only ones who have committed to coming are Mrs C, Darlynn, you and me...and various husbands. I guess I can find others to give the cookies to but I'm sure I'll eat too many.

I just checked out Weather Underground again and here's a link to what the scientific forecaster discussion says: http://www.wunderground.com/DisplayD...me=Springfield

Since I live in the country, my roads are not as quick to clear so I'm thinkin' there's a good chance we won't be able to make it. I think I'm gonna go ahead and cancel now. Sorry!

I hope you all have a great time...whether it is at the OTFCC, shoppin' or just chillin' at home!

http://mediaphoto.doctissimo.fr/dossiers/t/a/tartalacreme/grands-smileys/TN-4783-lecture.gif (broken link) MrsG...who just got a couple of new books from the library!

Old 12-14-2007, 09:10 AM

Default :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
I wondered the same thing, Darlynn! Btw, LOVE that GIF!!!

I'm sorry, L J, but I'm wondering if we ought to "call it" earlier because that means we're gonna have a lot of cookies to eat if we don't cancel or reschedule soon. Besides, if I remember correctly, the only ones who have committed to coming are Mrs C, Darlynn, you and me...and various husbands. I guess I can find others to give the cookies to but I'm sure I'll eat too many.

I just checked out Weather Underground again and here's a link to what the scientific forecaster discussion says: http://www.wunderground.com/DisplayD...me=Springfield

Since I live in the country, my roads are not as quick to clear so I'm thinkin' there's a good chance we won't be able to make it. I think I'm gonna go ahead and cancel now. Sorry!

I hope you all have a great time...whether it is at the OTFCC, shoppin' or just chillin' at home!

http://mediaphoto.doctissimo.fr/dossiers/t/a/tartalacreme/grands-smileys/TN-4783-lecture.gif (broken link) MrsG...who just got a couple of new books from the library!
Like I've said many times before, we're just making this up as we go along...ya know?

I'm going to check Saturday morning to see how many of these yummy gooey OMG good cookies I need to bring...but NOBODY should take ANY risks this weekend!
They're even saying we may get some snow waaaayyy down here...

Here's to you all whatever you do tomorrow at 2...

Old 12-14-2007, 09:16 AM

870 posts, read 3,080,878 times
Default Maaaann!!!

Well, I don't live in the "country" per say, but I do live on top of a big hill with a trecherous curve that is only manuverable by 4 wheel drive in bad weather....

http://bestsmileys.com/winter/11.gif (broken link)

I should not be alone with those cookies I baked!!! Gonna have to pass them out, door to door, or take them to the White Elephant Party that we are invited to, if the meeting is cancelled.....

http://bestsmileys.com/winter/22.gif (broken link)

Keep us "posted"....

Old 12-14-2007, 10:49 AM

879 posts, read 2,877,942 times
I agree...let's play it by ear. I don't have any problem with the hubby driving if it's a little snow (he is from New England), but certainly don't want to endanger anyone for a few cookies. We have an interesting hill up to the place, but they usually keep the roads clear (so we've been told).

I think we're up to 7 (?)....so I'm planning on bringing 8 baggies "just in case"... In the meantime, I'm planning on being at Keeter by 2:00 tomorrow.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:21 AM

Wink Weather Report, here...

Still no ice or snow down here...we're still in that little green band of rain only along the southern edge of the state...but they're saying it's going to be getting colder...see the little "34"...that's we!

...I'm sure gonna miss you Mrs. G & Mr. G & everyone else who deems it wise to stay curled up with a book...

One more count?

Grandma's coconut macaroons for how many?

Old 12-15-2007, 09:55 AM

Default Two here...

Ed and I will be there. Cookies are ready...but if there is only three of us, your getting more than a little baggie! I can't be left alone with 4 doz. mint chip cookies.

Not even a snow flake here. Was still sitting just above 32 degrees at 6:30 this AM. I'm not counting on any snow at this point...but would like it for the 25th.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:28 AM

Default Two here...that's three

MrC and I will be there, but LJ your getting more than a little bag of cookies if it's just the three of us. I can't be left alone with 4 doz. mint chip cookies!

No snow here..not even a little flake. Never got to freezing.

MrsC

Old 12-15-2007, 10:32 AM

Default I'm there.

I'll be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area