Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2007, 10:58 PM

1,640 posts, read 3,653,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
Maybe there is! Apologies for the bit of thread drift, but my Mrs. is counting on visiting some tea rooms back in Missouri once we're settled there. On the Internet there are a number of tea room directories. http://www.teaguide.net shows one right in Lake Junkie's neck of the woods. It is Eleanor's Tea Room at Ye English Inn, 24 Downing Street in Hollister. A few are right in Springfield, and another is a bit further west in Webb City. That's just this site, so there are probably others as well.

Eleanor's says it's male-friendly (yay!! ) and has live music too! Reservations "accepted" but it doesn't say if they're required--I'm guessing probably not unless it's a very large group.
How weird...they don't have Spring Creek Antiques and Tea Room in Ozark on the list! GO Magazine in Springfield had this to say in an article about Ozark eating places:
"Spring Creek Tea Room
Confession time: When I was working in Ozark several years ago, I let the ladies in my office talk me into ordering Spring Creek’s strawberry salad. It’s as in-touch as I’ve ever been with my feminine side—it was that good. Spring Creek is a bit of a phenomenon; it’s tiny, and luncheon groups often spar for space. Get there early and hang out in the adjacent antique shop until Spring Creek opens at 11 a.m. 107 S. Third St., 417-582-1331
"

Here's a link to a map and some reviews:
http://www.teamap.com/tearooms/sprin...room_1559.html

Also, here's another list of tearooms you may want to see:
http://www.teamap.com/states/state_MO_Name.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
There's a really nice tea room here in Branson, Ruby Lena's. I haven't been there but the girls here in the office say it's great.
I'll check out the English Inn one day soon...

There used to be a couple of nice tea rooms in Springfield...but I'm a little out of touch...

Mrs. G, I'm so sorry to hear about sister Boof...but glad someone's staying in touch with her. Tell her we miss her?

Now...back to the cookies...
Hi, L J! What do you think of Ruby Lena's as a place for the OTFCC to meet? As for the cookies, I finally made mine tonight. My friend is having an Open House at her hair salon tomorrow and I'm taking cookies for each of the stylists and a few for her table. I'll give some to my husband to take to his work buddies and the homeowner, too. I'll give some to the mailman, too, and that oughtta keep me from eating them all myself! They're addicting!

Well, I want to respond to more but I'll have to wait till tomorrow sometime. I've got to get to bed for now.

Quickly, let me just say, "Welcome, NavyWifee! I look forward to hearing more from you!"

Old 12-27-2007, 09:00 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,570,117 times
Congratulations to Mrs. G!!! What a super surprise!!!

Old 12-27-2007, 02:44 PM

318 posts, read 726,972 times
Hello everyone. Happy Holidays!!!!!! Good to catch up on everyone. Sorry to have missed another meeting this month. Maybe January...... Enjoy the rest of the year what is left and have a great New Year!!!!

Old 12-28-2007, 12:08 PM

104 posts, read 401,363 times
Welcome Tammy!

Old 12-28-2007, 12:12 PM

Green Tea and Herbal Tea drnker here! (decaf)

Old 12-28-2007, 04:45 PM

13 posts, read 37,403 times
Thanks! We have some of the best green tea here ~ I will miss that once we get moved. How far is Branson from Cabool?

Old 12-29-2007, 04:55 PM

879 posts, read 2,878,142 times
Time to plan January's outing. Since we missed Keeter Center on the 15th of Dec.
How about Keeter on January 15th (Tuesday) say about 10:00 am? Coffee and a pastry?

Other ideas?

And welcome NavyWifee.

Hey everyone....I have a question. When I log onto city-data I see 419 Posts to this thread. But when I go into the thread I don't see anything since my last post until I post something. Is this another one of those wierd AOL things or does anyone else have this issue?

Old 12-29-2007, 06:42 PM

Question I'm thinkin'...

Hey, MrsC!

I guess it must be an AOL (grrr!) thing 'cause I've never had that happen before.

So, let me see if I understand you correctly...you click on the thread and then click on "View First Unread" and there's nothing after your last post? Was the thread BOLD, which shows there were new posts since your last visit there?

You said you were told there were 419 posts so that's weird. For me, on the main Springfield/Branson page, it says there are 417 replies right now...and since you started the thread and there are 417 replies, that adds up to 418 posts in all. Your post, the post I'm responding to, is numbered #418 so all seems well in my world. Also, on that main page, who does it say wrote the last post and at what time?

Did that help? If not, DM me and I'll give you a call, okay? We'll go over it together.

By the way, I like the idea of doing the Keeter Center again. It would be better if it was a little later but I'm okay with 10am if others are.

Last edited by mrsgenealogy; 12-29-2007 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: Had another question for MrsC. ;)

Old 12-30-2007, 09:30 PM

Lightbulb Another OTFCC Location???

Hey, I just found a great place to go to someday...and it's in Ozark!

It's the Russell Stover outlet, if you can believe that! Hahaha! I knowwwww! They've got about 6-8 tables and they serve cookies, ice cream, coffee, tea, blended and iced drinks and all the chocolate you can eat!!! Hahaha! They even have a drive through! Who knew??? Hahaha!

The only thing we have to keep in mind is not to go before Valentine's Day or late in the afternoon during summer when they get pretty busy serving ice cream and empty tables can be pretty scarce.

So, I don't know when to go...if we do Branson again this month, then we'll be up our way in February...but if we choose Russell Stover, we'll have to have it after Valentine's Day...but no one will be interested since we might have had our fill of chocolate for awhile. Gasp! Did I say that???!!!

Anyway, if March is back in Branson, then April might be a good month for Russell Stover. I know people have been mentioning finding a good place in Ozark but it doesn't have a lot of coffee places. I guess we could go to the Belgian Waffle place since they have awesome coffee and probably aren't too busy during our usual meeting times...and Ozark recently got a Ziggies Restaurant and that would be true of their place, as well. They both seem to have ample square footage that we wouldn't make that big of a dent in their ability to handle their usual crowd.

So, lemme know what you think of these ideas. Whatever the group decides is fine with me...really! Oh, and when I saw BabyFace's post, I realized that neither of us said how much later we'd prefer or need. If we're meeting at 10am, I have to leave home at 9am and I can make that...but would prefer leaving even 1/2 hour later...if I had my "druthers". So, BabyFace...what's your situation???

Old 12-30-2007, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Hey, I just found a great place to go to someday...and it's in Ozark!

It's the Russell Stover outlet, if you can believe that! Hahaha! I knowwwww! They've got about 6-8 tables and they serve cookies, ice cream, coffee, tea, blended and iced drinks and all the chocolate you can eat!!! Hahaha! They even have a drive through! Who knew??? Hahaha!

The only thing we have to keep in mind is not to go before Valentine's Day or late in the afternoon during summer when they get pretty busy serving ice cream and empty tables can be pretty scarce.

So, I don't know when to go...if we do Branson again this month, then we'll be up our way in February...but if we choose Russell Stover, we'll have to have it after Valentine's Day...but no one will be interested since we might have had our fill of chocolate for awhile. Gasp! Did I say that???!!!

Anyway, if March is back in Branson, then April might be a good month for Russell Stover. I know people have been mentioning finding a good place in Ozark but it doesn't have a lot of coffee places. I guess we could go to the Belgian Waffle place since they have awesome coffee and probably aren't too busy during our usual meeting times...and Ozark recently got a Ziggies Restaurant and that would be true of their place, as well. They both seem to have ample square footage that we wouldn't make that big of a dent in their ability to handle their usual crowd.

So, lemme know what you think of these ideas. Whatever the group decides is fine with me...really! Oh, and when I saw BabyFace's post, I realized that neither of us said how much later we'd prefer or need. If we're meeting at 10am, I have to leave home at 9am and I can make that...but would prefer leaving even 1/2 hour later...if I had my "druthers". So, BabyFace...what's your situation???
We love ZIGGIES!
Yes we do, We love Ziggies, You will too! Ra Ra, lol!

They have so much food and so many options!
Breakfast all day too!
Here's the webste which has a downloadable menu:
http://ziggiescafe.com/ozark_1487_w_south_st.aspx (broken link)

I would like around NOON if that's possible
~Blessings!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area