Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2008, 06:45 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,253 times

Advertisements

Where to start in getting caught up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof View Post
And I like your new title for our awesome LJ. Ambassador to Branson! Yep, sounds like LJ to me. It fits her to a T!!! Hey LJ....do you like your new 'hat'???

Quote:
It's good to hear you're up for a 'Girls Day Out'. Although I have been to Branson once, I wouldn't know where to go to find the 'must see' places, so having you & LJ to lead the way would be perfect!!! However, I agree with you in that we need to do it ATI.

Boof
After The Ice...yes ma'am! I'm thinking...April?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
LJ~ Great "Handle" they found for ya!! Ms. Ambassador! http://bestsmileys.com/usa1/16.gif (broken link) Branson should be soooo proud!!

Does Branson even know...? Shhhhhh........

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4inMO View Post
Well I too am just checking in with the Coffee Gang. The day meetings work better for me. l be there in CD spirit.
If the day meetings work better, I'd vote for going back to day meetings...we want more than yr spirit present!
(Right, gang?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Boof's right...so we may have to reschedule once again...last minute, perhaps...and make sure to check our computers before we leave home...? What a bummer! Well, maybe BabyFace can still join us if we have to reschedule. I look forward to seeing everyone whether at a coffee...or at dinner...or at a show!
So...if we can't do this Saturday night, do we reschedule for...another night? We've only got a week to make it in February...how about an alternate date of Friday night Feb 28th...? OR...just have a coffee get together some late morning when it's less likely to be icy?

Quote:
I
That's a good idea to have another Coffee Clatch to welcome in some of the newer members of the forum. While I don't know of anything in Nixa, I did like that place we went to in the south of Springfield. I can never remember the name. LJ would know. It's the place where G4 first joined in.
Churchills Coffee on Republic Road.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
D: How about March 15th? It's a Saturday and we can just plan around it unless it doesn't work for too many people.

March 15 doesn't work for me. Sorry.
Can it be a weeknight...even a Friday night?

Or...maybe we need to go back to days until summer?

See you all in a couple of days...God willing!

Old 02-22-2008, 08:33 AM

870 posts, read 3,081,969 times
Default All of the above!

We can go to The Branson Brothers anytime, or even more nights than one, because I have the hook-up!!

Looks like we may be in the clear for Saturday! Hope to see ya then!

Old 02-22-2008, 10:18 AM

879 posts, read 2,878,977 times
Default March Coffee and April coffee & Show

Ok..the 15th of March doesn't work for a few people due to conflicting schedules. And it seems that it might be appropriate to do a coffee meet sometime soon so more people can attend.

Also there is no reason (that I'm aware of) that we can't do BOTH a coffee klatch and an "event" in the same month from time to time. Tomorrow nights dinner and the future show weren't necessarily the "norm".

So for those of us who can make it to Keeter (Dobyns) tomorrow night we'll plan on meeting just before 5:00 unless it's icing again.

How about we meet for coffee at the Riverwalk Jazz Cafe in Ozark on March 12th or 13th (Wed or Thurs)? They have a coffee and cinnamon roll thing between 8-10 midweek.

How about a coffee meet AND a show/dinner in April?

D...0217: Does that work for you? Pick a date and we'll see where we go..Oh yea..Happy Belated B'day! Did you get to go to Nichols?

Last edited by mrschilicook; 02-22-2008 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: amended

Old 02-22-2008, 10:24 AM

March 23rd is Easter Sunday, so there is no show.

5th or 12th is good for daytime.....

Old 02-22-2008, 10:35 AM

Hi..read amended post...changed it to suggest April for the show (and coffee another day) and coffee in Ozark in March..

Old 02-22-2008, 01:23 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,654,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
Howdy!! Yep, it's pretty icky out there! Only gonna get worse, too!
It would not be wise to be out today unless you REALLY have to, especially on these crazy hills! Bet we have to cancel Saturday.....

On another, happier note...We just need to pick a date, and take a head count, to go see the Branson Brothers, and I have been assured that we will get a HUGE discount! Their show is opening at The Americana Theatre, February 28th and will be Monday thru Saturday, at 8 PM. I will get the final quote on ticket prices this week. And, we can go anytime. I went to rehearsal w/dh last night and it is gonna be good! They have a Quartet that is the bomb! Think Statlers or Oak Ridge Boys! In fact, Dee Allen is the baritone singer and his Father is the lead singer from the Oaks, Duane Allen. They have a new Bass singer from Nashville, Seth ?. He was with The Stamps Quartet. He's only 18 yrs old and has a shockingly magnificent bass voice! Also added a new cute blonde vocalist, Joy, who does a mean Anne Murray!
Thinkin'.... Maybe a Saturday night show, and we could meet for dinner somewhere?
(Sushi?!? Wasabi's is now open!)

For the clatch..There is a Braum's in Nixa, right on 160. Also heard of a place called Lola's Pastries and Eatery, but have no details and haven't been there.

I hope we get to meet somewhere pretty soon! I'm missing my peeps!!

Stay warm
Sounds like such fun, Darlynn! All except for the sushi part.

Lola's is too far off the beaten path...and such a small place, I wonder if we'd have trouble with finding seating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
This is it, my friends. This is the worst part of the winter.

What better time to get together...to brave the cold and sleet and gather together for fellowship with the other courageous souls who left the old familiar for a new life, a new world...~choke~...

I'm in.
Hahaha! I'm all choked up, L J! Hey, was that a violin I heard playin' in the background???

Gotta say that I missed seein' ya around here! Hope your visit with your sister and fam was a good one!

Old 02-23-2008, 11:14 AM

We'll put our heads together tonite at dinner! Can't wait!

Old 02-23-2008, 01:58 PM

ALL IS CLEAR north of Branson....no rain, fog, or drizzle. Only a slight chance of rain or snow late tonight. So unless something undue happens between now and 5:00, MrC and I will be at Keeter around 4:50.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:25 PM

526 posts, read 1,246,575 times
Unhappy Sorry.................

We won't be able to attend, even though we are in Branson. Have to head back to Arkansas and can't stay just yet. Ya'll have fun tonight and share a laugh or 2 for me okay???? And those of us that can't attend want pictures !!!!!!!!!

Old 02-23-2008, 03:48 PM

791 posts, read 1,819,940 times
Well, it's 4:45p, and I hate to report that we won't be able to make it. My hubby came home with and woke up with an incredibly out of whack back, and he's not able to get around very well. The drive would just be too much.

MrsC, thank you very much for the road update. Wouldn't you know, the weather isn't too bad, and we end up with a bad back.!!!! GRRRRRR What next????

I hope you all had a good time, and enjoyed yourselves. Please know that I'm really sorry that I couldn't be there with you to join the festivities. Please report how things went as soon as you can.

Did anyone take pix?

Regretfully,
Boof
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area