Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 08:55 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Things look wonderful through your eyes! Heck, I'm not even in the market and I'd buy a home from you!!! Hahaha! It's true! You were born to be a Realtor, I think! I mean, someone's got to raise the standards for the rest of them to follow!

Seriously, though, I think TRUST is what we're all looking for in a Realtor...and we've found one in YOU! Hugs, girlfriend!!!

Moderator cut: removed
((((((((((((((((((((((((((Mrs. G & the disneycat)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Last edited by autumngal; 05-07-2008 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: Mod edit quote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 09:02 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,655,212 times
Lightbulb Wha'd'ya say, Bent! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
Arent there any homes in the Nixa, Ozark area with acreage? I have been dealing with some real estate agents who just do not listen I guess. I need a home with lots of property. Why? because of this,

My Roxy needs lots of property. She can climb an 8 ft fence.
also we like to ride our quads and race. There has to be something out there for us.
Hey, Bent! Hahaha! May I call you that???

Anyway, I wanted to pop back in again to suggest that you start a thread just for pet pictures. That way, it will be ON TOPIC and there will be no surprises for those with a slow dial-up connection! They'll know what they're getting themselves into just by looking at the name!

What do you think??? Go for it!

All of us pet lovers will have a grand ol' time!!!

MrsG...who has gotta go visit another forum so she can go spread some love around elsewhere! Gotta do my part to get L J to the top!

Old 08-22-2007, 03:27 PM

871 posts, read 1,985,286 times
Sorry Mrs G I won't do that again. I did start the thread for pet pictures though. SOO many beautiful pics.

Oh and of course you can call me bent. Hu!
I have to go back the colluquial...colluai...coll, LAKE JUNKIES SLANG THREAD!
(all bent outta shape, thats a good one)

Old 08-22-2007, 09:47 PM

Cool Colloquialisms. Yea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
Sorry Mrs G I won't do that again. I did start the thread for pet pictures though. SOO many beautiful pics.

Oh and of course you can call me bent. Hu!
I have to go back the colluquial...colluai...coll, LAKE JUNKIES SLANG THREAD!
(all bent outta shape, thats a good one)
I wondered when somebody was gonna get on my case for calling it that.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:26 AM

393 posts, read 1,736,570 times
Thanks all. Yes, I am trying to keep it real. I just forget that my comparison for prices stems from So. Illinois prices, not Cali prices. I'm sure it is cheap to someone from there. It is not by So. Illinois comparison, and we're not used to having land restrictions or shared wells or shared driveways as is common here. Again, it's all about one's personal perspective I guess.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine girl View Post
Thanks all. Yes, I am trying to keep it real. I just forget that my comparison for prices stems from So. Illinois prices, not Cali prices. I'm sure it is cheap to someone from there. It is not by So. Illinois comparison, and we're not used to having land restrictions or shared wells or shared driveways as is common here. Again, it's all about one's personal perspective I guess.
Sunshine Girl! Good to see you back! Havin trouble sleeping?

And yes, it's all about perspective. This Springfield/Branson corridor is not cheap any more by Midwest standards. Those days are 15 years gone. That's because a lot of people want to live here...and demand has driven prices up. It is still very reasonable compared to nationwide averages, but you have a good point (another one!) that it's a lot higher than it used to be.

You can still find affordable (yea...like we can define that!) acreage if you're willing to be at least half an hour outside of either SP or BR.

And not on the lake, fer sure.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:42 PM

71 posts, read 299,834 times
I seen your post. We live in Lebanon area and looked in those areas also. We finally gave up and went toward st. Roberts. We found a place in laquey Missouri just 9 miles west of waynesville. Our builder lives in the area and built us a house with a basement on 5 acreas for $149900. It has plenty of running room and wild life. It has lots of acreage around us that is not owned and he is selling them like he did us. He will build you a home with basic floor plan. We have 3 bedrooms upstairs, two bathrooms and a bedroom downstairs with a extra bath with shower. With it being a new lot we have some fix up to do with landscaping and getting grass back in.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:15 PM

393 posts, read 1,736,570 times
Yes, LJ, I am a night owl now. Between that wonderful change of womanly life and going through the big C, I don't sleep at night much. Usually turn in between 3 and 5 am for 4-5 hours of shut eye. That's why night shift works out so well for me. And why there's sometimes several days between computer time. But back to the topic of affordable land, it's not as bad here, but in places like FL, natives can't afford to live in their own stomping grounds anymore. Some folks can't afford to buy land here either, whether retiring or just starting out unless they go really far out, but then you get into other problems, like transportation for starters. But then again, you can probably find this in many other places across the country, just different degrees of same. Can't blame this area specifically for that. Just don't want nonCali folks to think that this area land is totally "cheap" as is implied in some postings. Again, it's all in one's own perspective of cheap land.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:55 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,655,212 times
Quote:
Yes, LJ, I am a night owl now. Between that wonderful change of womanly life and going through the big C, I don't sleep at night much. Usually turn in between 3 and 5 am for 4-5 hours of shut eye. That's why night shift works out so well for me. And why there's sometimes several days between computer time. ...
Hence, the subtitle...Energizer Bunny!

And perhaps the explanation as to why she can't sleep much anymore!!!???

Old 08-26-2007, 08:01 AM

Thumbs up Exactly right...

Quote:
But back to the topic of affordable land, it's not as bad here, but in places like FL, natives can't afford to live in their own stomping grounds anymore. Some folks can't afford to buy land here either, whether retiring or just starting out unless they go really far out, but then you get into other problems, like transportation for starters. But then again, you can probably find this in many other places across the country, just different degrees of same.
That's exactly what happened in my home area of Sonoma County, CA. (Wine country...yes ma'am...) Property became so expensive us kids couldn't buy a house...even now that we're not kids any more! Part of the popularity of the no-interest or creative lending out there was so that a couple, both working at good jobs, could squeak into a house. Starter homes for $400K!

And people do still have the idea that it's cheaper than it is to buy property here...my most shocked buyers (down here at the Lake) are from Springfield. Just 5 years ago they could buy a lake front house for $100K. And you know how time flies, right? A lot of people are finally ready for a lake house and get STICKER SHOCK when they see those little old lake houses selling for $250+!!! It's supply and demand...you know.

Anyway, back to acreage in Christian County...it's out there, but it's not "cheap"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area