Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 12:48 PM

19 posts, read 50,885 times

Advertisements

Hi,
(a)Can you please advise the best school district in Springfield,Missouri, and the best place to live where we can find a diverse population of different ethnic background. I have heard that MO in general is a very homogeneous state.
Any thoughts.

(b) Is Springfield in the alley of Tornadoes?

Thank you
Kim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 04:37 PM

548 posts, read 1,037,835 times
Well I can tell you Springfield is for sure not a diverse community. As for tornadoes we are Midwest so there are tornadoes it is just a fact of life. But if you pay attention to the weather reports and take heed then you should be fine.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:11 AM

What is the closest metropolitan city from Springfield where we can find great mexican, chinese, indian, restaurants and grocery stores? I do not believe that there are all these ethnics restaurant and grocery stores in Springfield.

I am not sure how to research for the best school district around Missouri State University. Kindly advise

Old 12-27-2011, 08:02 PM

4 posts, read 8,791 times
We have mexican, chinese, indian, restaurants and grocery stores. We are not a backwards hillbilly town. Springfield is a small city. We have several shopping centers, a good size Mall, to many food places to mention. Tons of car dealers and about a dozen colleges. If you want a nice area, most to the Southwest side. It is the newest section but Southeast also has new and nice homes. The Northside is not very nice. Kickapoo High School is one of the best in Springfield, it is where Brad Pitt went. Springfield is also known for it's Medical Mile. We have 3 major Hospitals.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:04 PM

4 posts, read 8,791 times
oh and the population is getting more mixed everyday Whites, Blacks, Mexicans and Asians and every now and then an occasional hillbilly. I have been here for a lot of years and have never seen a tornado. I have heard of them around here but Springfield for the most part has been spared by them.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:42 PM

Thanks for the kind insight

Old 01-08-2012, 12:10 PM

914 posts, read 2,204,734 times
Springfield is a single, unified school district. Individual schools vary a great deal, but there is just the one school system. Each area around Springfield also has its own district - Ozark, Nixa, Rogersville, Strafford, Fair Grove, Pleasant Hope, Willard, Republic - I think that forms a ring of contiguous districts.

I've never seen a tornado these last 50 years either, but that does not mean they have not struck. I have been within less than a mile of the path of six or eight - I've kind of lost track. If you define "tornado alley" as somewhere between Baton Rouge La. and the Wisconsin Dells, then yes, we are in that region.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:25 PM

Which of the neighborhoods of springfield are considered posh areas, where new development are taking place? How about living in Springfield itself - Which region is best? Thx

Old 01-15-2012, 06:24 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,405,107 times
Ok I'm bias because I was raised and went to school there but Willard is basically New and continuing to grow.The School is very good.

brushrunner

Old 02-15-2012, 08:56 AM

1 posts, read 2,709 times
The question still isn't answered. Moving to area soon and I am interested in Kickapoo vs Glendale vs. Central.

Is it worth living outside Springfield for better schools?

I have read some fantastic things about Central - does it live up to the hype? How does Glendale or Kickapoo compare?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area