Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 08:44 PM

16 posts, read 36,607 times

Advertisements

We are visiting Branson in April and will be bringing our small dog. Was wondering what there is to do that we can do with our dog.
Thanks,

Susan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 03:05 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,333,939 times
Default How pet friendly is Branson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan423 View Post
We are visiting Branson in April and will be bringing our small dog. Was wondering what there is to do that we can do with our dog.
Thanks,

Susan
Very dog friendly. We prefer them broiled and done to a turn!

Old 01-08-2012, 08:34 PM

94 posts, read 203,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan423 View Post
Thanks,

Susan
I just got back from a very dog friendly week-end to Arizona and I hope someone can give you an answer instead of snark and telling you to keep your animal at home.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:54 PM

94 posts, read 203,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peculiar John View Post
It is the attitude of the area. Leave your pet at home or in your vehicle.

The left side of the USA includes Mojave and Arizona which is pet tolerant or aka "pet friendly".
It is your attitude.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:33 PM

419 posts, read 1,178,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peculiar John View Post
It is the attitude of the area. Leave your pet at home or in your vehicle. It is not accepted to take pets into public business areas outside of the vehicle. If you ask to bring your pet into a public building local you will be told no. If you bring them in without asking you will be told to get out. Pets even though charming are considered animals.

You will never see a 100lb dog (or two) riding in a car with dog snot smudges all over the windows in Missouri like Arizona, California, and especially Colorado. Most house dogs in Missouri are very small and most people put them to sleep in pens or bed boxes. Most larger dogs that are pets are never even let in the homes there and are known as outside dogs. Western people sleep with their outside dogs in the same bed. It is the culture.

The left side of the USA includes Mojave and Arizona which is codependent pet owner tolerant or aka "pet friendly"as stated.

Northern Colorado is so codependent pet owner tolerant that there is a sporting goods store that has a pissing post and poop box in the store for dogs. Want the address?
You got it in a nutshell. Thanks for your post!

Old 01-10-2012, 12:40 PM

1,145 posts, read 2,448,179 times
It must be very pet friendly because I know the Branson hotels are dealing with a huge bed bug problem. A friend was forced to move their from KC to handle the problems down in Branson.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:23 PM

The only pet "tolerant" place I know of around Branson is PetSmart where those who can't be parted from their little fur-bearing buddies for a moment are welcome to bring them in with them. Makes sense, their corporate headquarters are in Phoenix.

Not everyone welcomes the smell, flying fur, dander and potential allergies associated with others' pets and not all people are pet lovers. I've raised dogs in the past and currently have a couple of rescue cats but I for one don't appreciate others imposing their animals on me anywhere but in their own home or at a vet's office.

By the way, even as a native Californian - albeit one who got smart and moved back to America - I've never subscribed to the mantra that animals are people too. They aren't. They make great pets, great and helpful (at times) companions and assistants, great food, great sport or interesting and sometimes spectacular fauna but that's where it ends.

As always, just one man's opinion.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:33 PM

9,352 posts, read 19,953,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
The only pet "tolerant" place I know of around Branson is PetSmart where those who can't be parted from their little fur-bearing buddies for a moment are welcome to bring them in with them. Makes sense, their corporate headquarters are in Phoenix.

Not everyone welcomes the smell, flying fur, dander and potential allergies associated with others' pets and not all people are pet lovers. I've raised dogs in the past and currently have a couple of rescue cats but I for one don't appreciate others imposing their animals on me anywhere but in their own home or at a vet's office.

By the way, even as a native Californian - albeit one who got smart and moved back to America - I've never subscribed to the mantra that animals are people too. They aren't. They make great pets, great and helpful (at times) companions and assistants, great food, great sport or interesting and sometimes spectacular fauna but that's where it ends.

As always, just one man's opinion.
i could say much the same about other people's children, but alas, they are allowed EVERYwhere..... while my dogs are far better behaved and far less destructive and far less annoying than they are.....

and what about those people who douse themselves in cologne or perfume.... or those that insist on including everyone in a 20 foot radius in their cell phone conversations.......

as always, just one woman's opinion.....

to the op .... try this website: www.petfriendly.com

Old 01-10-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
i could say much the same about other people's children, but alas, they are allowed EVERYwhere..... while my dogs are far better behaved and far less destructive and far less annoying than they are.....

and what about those people who douse themselves in cologne or perfume.... or those that insist on including everyone in a 20 foot radius in their cell phone conversations.......

People are animals too!

Old 01-10-2012, 08:02 PM

1,238 posts, read 4,456,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post

Thank you!
These days, you will find all different levels of pet-devotion in Missouri, from the haters to the spoil-them-rotten crowd. We enjoy taking our dog hiking, but not on overnight trips unless we camp. She sleeps in our bed (35 lb Heeler mix) and is a valued family member, as was our previous dog. I see more "purse pooches" all the time being carried around. I know several couples with RV's that take their canine friends everywhere. I know several people who view dogs as hunting tools only, not pets. And I have a friend who loads her two Labs into the Jeep for trips to town. To each his own, as long as the animal is treated humanely.
That said, most public places in Branson will only allow trained service animals in the doors. Silver Dollar City does not allow pets on the property. There are several kennels around town where you can board your pet for the day while you sightsee. Check your hotel or resort for their specific policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area