Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 02:01 PM

129 posts, read 478,064 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone
I saw the site about plane tickets to Mo.I fouind tickets from Fl to KC Mo. for around 95.00 each way. I am hoping to visit in April How far is it from KC to Ozark. I was told it was about 3-4 hours, and Iwould not be driving on the highway. I would not be concern however I have not driven on steeps hills. That might be scary Here in fl it is flat. I did check out the other airpot in springfield it was more money. Well hopefully someone can help. I will need to book by Sept. 18. THANKS
Icelady
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2007, 04:21 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,091,725 times
I can't answer your question, but do you mind telling me what airline gave you that price? That's a pretty good price to get.

Old 09-08-2007, 04:28 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,450,856 times
According to one of the mileage calculator websites, www.symsys.com, it's about 162 miles between KC and Ozark.

I'm more familiar with the terrain of eastern MO than western MO, but having driven from Sedalia down to Osceola (Highways 65 and 13), that area is not nearly as hilly as much of SE Missouri (especially Highways 21, 19 and 17), so I think you're going to be just fine. I'd probably try to stick to driving during daylight hours. Also when I visited Fantastic Caverns just outside Springfield back in 2003, I remember one of the two-lane roads was very hilly right around there, but right in Springfield it is a flatter plateau.

Sure hope this helps, and I hope you have a great time in Ozark!

Old 09-08-2007, 05:33 PM

100 posts, read 494,325 times
200.4 miles from the airport to my driveway in central Ozark.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:18 PM

I got the price from AirTans the company flies from Fort Lauderdale airport I have one stop in GA then flew to KC mo. With tax it would total 229.00 for myself and my son. If I choiced to flew into sprinfield it would be 114.00 each way per person. That is why I am asking about the drive. I would make sure I drove during the daytime. Thanks Icelady

Old 09-08-2007, 06:38 PM

72 posts, read 280,156 times
Default express jet

Try express jet website: xjet.com it is a new airline, my friends all like it they have flown on it. They advertise leather seats and xm radio. They have all direct flights and cheap prices. I looked they fly out of Jacksonville Florida not sure where that is relative to where you are but the flights were 78.00 each way direct no connections to Kansas City. Not too many people know of this airline it is pretty new. Also try Allegiant Air they have several flights from several different Florida locations and fly right into Springfield and they usually run 89.00 each way direct also no connections. Hopefully one of these will work for you.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:41 PM

HI THANK YOU I will check tonight. Jacksonvillie is far far wawy however Orlando is about 3 hrs away.so i will see where else they fly out of
Icelady

Old 09-08-2007, 07:44 PM

OK I tried the sites on the air flights express jet only travels out of Jacksonville to far away and as for Allageient they fly out of ft. lauderdale but I cant get to travel into springfield. Any suggestions?

Old 09-09-2007, 07:23 AM

72 posts, read 280,156 times
Default more airlines

Did you try any other locations in Florida from Allegiant Air I saw several on there website although not sure where you are relative to where they fly. The big airlines into Springfield are American and United. Springfield airport is VERY expensive. They are building a new airport in Branson that hopefully will have more and cheap flights, they claim they want it to be the next Las Vegas well then get some cheap flights here! Springfield is also getting a new terminal with more flights as well so hopefully between the two they will get some cheap flights as now it cost a fortune to fly into Springfield and most people go to St. Louis, Kansas City and also Tulsa. Check Tulsa flights it is supposedly 3 hours away. This area is growing so fast and definitely has the need for more flights and cheaper prices as people go elsewhere to fly. This is one major drawback for this area is the ability to fly in and out of is too expensive.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:00 AM

Thanks I will
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area