U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 06:12 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,019,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoAlley View Post
Like I said Spring field has 2% Hispanic. You made the comment about AZ having 51% thought you didn't want that neither is why you referenced it. Maybe one of the locals will chime in or time to hit the local papers. With that super highway coming through, MO might not be a state you want. The boarder check point is in Kansas City, MO. It will be like living in TX or AZ by the boarder. Maybe MT, SD or something?
Yep, might have to be looking esle where
Rate this post positively

Old 09-17-2006, 06:21 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,731,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Yep, might have to be looking esle where
Honestly, where do you go? Really. Fustrated! As the man of my house and a teenager in high school getting ready for college, and two others coming up quick, where do you go to get a good peaceful life ARGGG!

Old 09-17-2006, 06:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,554 times
I live in California and I will tell you first hand, it will not matter where you move to, they will follow as long as our legislation is this lax. We did the same thing in the seventies. We first were living in the Eatern Los Angeles from the fifties until around 72 when it was blatently obvious that the town had turned into Mexico... we moved to Santa Monica, they became the majority there overnight... now I am in Northern California, where I thought blacks and whites lived... no, they are majority up here, too.

Think about it, Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, and now Oregon will all have to face a very robust illegal population by century's end. Read Pat Buchanan's book...
-California Girl

Old 09-17-2006, 07:01 PM

I also live in California and have to agree. Although, there are other races that cause problems around here. Were still looking into MO. Might go out there in Spring. We just got from NC/SC on Sept 1st.

Old 09-17-2006, 07:10 PM

226 posts, read 964,215 times
Where going in June to visit. 2% is no big deal. MO is affordable and that's a big draw for me.

Old 09-17-2006, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Eaton View Post
Where going in June to visit. 2% is no big deal. MO is affordable and that's a big draw for me.
I agree. Were going in spring also. We actually might take a train this time. Kids might like it.

Old 09-17-2006, 07:44 PM

Quote:
I agree. Were going in spring also. We actually might take a train this time. Kids might like it.
TA, did you visit MO before? Your from CA so are we. waiting for our home to sell I'm still bothered by the NAFTA highway thing though.

Old 09-17-2006, 07:55 PM

Quote:
TA, did you visit MO before? Your from CA so are we. waiting for our home to sell I'm still bothered by the NAFTA highway thing though.
We went to SC/NC a few weeks ago for a week. It's nice there. When we came home, we did miss it. But, there was just something missing to call it home. My wife liked it and youngest would move there today if I said lets go (and house was sold).

So, no, to answer your question about MO. I have been looking online for 6-8 months now. I know, I over do it. But want to make sure the move is the right one. MO looks good so far. Only worry is jobs and income. Houses seem nice and what we like.

Old 09-17-2006, 09:54 PM

Quote:
...So, no, to answer your question about MO. I have been looking online for 6-8 months now. I know, I over do it. But want to make sure the move is the right one. MO looks good so far. Only worry is jobs and income. Houses seem nice and what we like.
I don't know. I've been looking but I have this weird feeling about living right in the middle of the country maybe its just me? I know it's stupid. I guess it comes from living all my life on costal states CA and TX.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:21 PM

Quote:
I don't know. I've been looking but I have this weird feeling about living right in the middle of the country maybe its just me? I know it's stupid. I guess it comes from living all my life on costal states CA and TX.
There are a few states I felt that way too. Hurricane areas, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area