U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2007, 07:38 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,057,701 times

Advertisements

OK so we have more areas in MO to post .. do to the area etc.....

how is Brason Springfield?

HOw is some of this other stuff that was moved here to Springfield - even Springfield ..

I feel like I need a map on here now to know where to post!

Maybe I do not like change - ok no I dont but gesh this is a bit much ...........

tornados -happen all over - why did it get moved to Springfield?

Sigh! sorry am just confused where to look and getting confused and frustrated ...............

did I mention Frustrated?

Well .. I am frustrated!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 08:15 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,141 posts, read 7,956,512 times
Yeah I agree,
I liked it the way it was before... But hey, I'm not from here, so don't listen to me... Us Cali people will just mess up the good thinngs going on here...

Old 09-25-2007, 09:40 PM

22,440 posts, read 39,071,003 times
I did not place all of the threads into the new sub-forum, but they all pertain to Springfield/Branson as well as the surrounding towns. All cities outside the Springfield/Branson metro area will be discussed on the regular Missouri forum. I did not think it is that complicated.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:07 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,002,297 times
Default Some are here, some are there...

Some of our threads are still in "Missouri"...

Some of them are in "Springfield area"...

I know it's confusing, I just check both places.

I think Plains 10 (may he ever live in peace and prosperity) is trying to get "them" to lump the Springfield-Branson threads into a Springfield-Branson forum.

We just have to be patient.

?

Old 09-26-2007, 04:04 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,057,701 times
ok ... maybe there needs to be a Branson Thread all on its own.

I know Plains 10 is working hard and trying to please all of us .......... I just was like whoooooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooo what in the world lol and well it was a change that flipped me out!

Gesh take a day off from the forum and someone reorgainzes lol

my 2 cents .. Springfield is big enough to hold its own thread and so is Branson.

I think they deserve there own thread ...

BUT If it were me I would post something with them Such as Springfield Location
Branson Location.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:29 AM

The Administration is looking into the process of changing the Springfield area sub-forum to the "Springfield/Branson area." If you look at the poll options on the sticky thread you will see that the metro area of Springfield/Branson is the clear winner. Hopefully, they will place the remaining threads concerning Branson into the sub-forum soon. No, Branson is not big enough to have its own sub-forum. If you look at the other states on city-data only the medium sized cities or larger have their own sub-forum.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:02 AM

48 posts, read 126,489 times
I didn't think it was too complicated at all, it helps if you know the area in question. Great job Plains!

Old 09-26-2007, 09:36 AM

25,464 posts, read 12,688,796 times
Plains10 - I totally agree with the Springfield/Branson sub forum. It makes complete sense to those of us that have lived most, if not all,of our lives in Missouri. This area has always been thought of as it's own special location. Questions from those seeking information and using City-Data for the first time will be able to find information without being confused.

General questions concerning the state in it's entirety should be on the Missouri Forum. However, if the average person has specific concerns about the Springfield/Branson area, that is where their query's should be directed.

There are many of us that enjoy just 'checking in', so to speak, and sharing thoughts, ideas, whatever, with others. We have plenty of threads in which to do this. It is interesting to open different threads and read other's posts. We have a special place here and thank you Plains10 for all of your trouble. It is appreciated. Hope we are not causing you too much trouble.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:55 PM

I have not heard back from the administrator yet concerning whether the sub-forum will be changed to "Springfield/Branson" area. The poll thread was taken down, and all of the MO posters know what the winning answer was. We will have to be patient and see if they will make the change or not. I promise that their will not be any other big changes to the Missouri forum or sub-forums after this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
View detailed profiles of: