Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 10:06 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,406,164 times

Advertisements

We almost made mistake of Buying in several years ago,wrote out a check and put a stop on it next morning after we slep on it.Continue to go down there set through presentations and see couple shows.

Have a Good time!

brushrunner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 11:40 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Be careful of Diamond Resorts. They will stiff you on the prize for doing their tour. The guarantee card they give you doesn't mean a thing to them.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:45 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
The other thing that is getting tiresome in Branson [and Myrtle Beach. And Gatlinburg] Is being forced to pose for a picture before a show so they can try to sell it to you later! Look moron! I came to see the show! Leave me the **** alone!

Old 08-23-2012, 02:40 PM

141 posts, read 426,363 times
Well I tried to rep you Captain Dan but I didn't get to finish my statement. I was saying that I agree with you on the pictures. That is so annoying to have to pose for pictures everywhere. If I wanted them I would use my own camera. Not to mention they cost a fortune.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:45 PM

GREAT NEWS GUYS!!! I got an unexpected call this morning from a girl who said she was gong to send out my gifts from Diamond Resorts. She wanted my address. I don't know if my letter to them on the survey, the letter I sent to them on the "contact us" or posting this on here did it. Whatever did it I guess I am getting the gifts. Jumping for joy.

I guess Diamond Resorts will come through for you when they are told about someone being dissatisfied. The Diamond Resort people I talked to at the check in, etc were all very nice to us and it was a shame only one person was ruining it for them.

I'll let you know when the letter comes from them but for now I am a satisfied customer. I do like staying at their resorts, they are nice and comfortable and over all we had a great time.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:26 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,384,777 times
Glad you got what was promised. Now, preserve your sanity and don't go to any more timeshare seminars and have to put up cheesy con artists in cheap suits.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:02 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,091,725 times
Nothing personal but rather than blame Branson, my question is: why do people go to these seminars expecting something for free? GOOD + FREE generally do not go together.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:31 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,687,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
As long as there are people that haven't gotten the memo that timeshares are a ripoff, they'll be timeshare salesmen.

People are still falling for this 'timeshare' crap??

David Maurer was right; "There's a mark born every minute, and one to trim 'em and one to knock 'em"

I've got a great deal on some nice oceanfront swampland (see my location if you don't believe me!) - PM me NOW for details!

Old 08-23-2012, 09:23 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,277,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
The other thing that is getting tiresome in Branson [and Myrtle Beach. And Gatlinburg] Is being forced to pose for a picture before a show so they can try to sell it to you later! Look moron! I came to see the show! Leave me the **** alone!
Just keep walking and they can't take your picture. What are they going to do, throw a block??

Old 08-23-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
Nothing personal but rather than blame Branson, my question is: why do people go to these seminars expecting something for free? GOOD + FREE generally do not go together.
A better question is why do these timeshare people offer gifts to see what they have to sell if they do not what to follow through with their promises?

I guess they need to figure out a better sales model. As far as I could see people were buying. A couple next to our table bought. I presume they are making money doing this. If not then stop offering free gifts.

I would think Branson would stop it but it's rampant there. Even when you go online they offer package deals IF you go to their timeshare talk. Branson must want them there or they would stop them. It must be bringing people to town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area