Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 02:18 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,979,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
Damn. That was a brutal attack. Isn't Springfield only 4% black? Those thugs are everywhere and you're not safe anywhere. I was attacked in Seattle while on my bike by young black males. They broke bones and called me racial slurs. Wasn't newsworthy but I'm sure if i were black and the attackers were white..
It's a shame. Springfield has such a small black population, yet blacks still stand out as criminals there. The overall violent crime rate, especially murder, is low in Springfield due to the small black population, but apparently 4% still results in stuff like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 06:48 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,979,061 times
The suspects may not be from Springfield. These guys seem to be the attackers:

//www.facebook.com/ChainGangEnt

Old 09-07-2014, 06:19 PM

81 posts, read 208,874 times
Does Springfield have an Asian side or any Asian markets? How about Hawaiian bbq?

Old 09-07-2014, 09:36 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuteman81 View Post
Does Springfield have an Asian side or any Asian markets? How about Hawaiian bbq?
To Asian markets I know of but HI BBQ? Not hardly. We have our own.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:14 PM

14 posts, read 26,109 times
Thank you so much for your reply! I think we wil indeed fit in. My Grandmother was from the Ozarks and she was the most influential person in my life. She wrote beautiful poetry about the Ozarks and played guitar and sang folks songs to me throughout my childhood. I'm a musician now and I LOVE bluegrass and old time southern music. Matter of fact, I used to sing professionally - although now I just do it for friends and family and love of music. By trade, I'm a paramedic.

At any rate, from all you've said - I think we'll be happy as bugs in the Ozarks!

thanks!

Old 09-15-2014, 06:19 PM

14 posts, read 26,109 times
SO disgusting! I am SO sick of this black on white hate crime that's going on all over the country. And I think it angers my husband more than it does me because he HATES the fact that people might start looking at him and assuming he's one of "them." I doubt it though, because he dresses and acts like a human being. :/
I was glad to hear that the attackers weren't from Springfield though.

Which brings me to another question: Is Springfield gun friendly? Good people are going to have to start arming themselves if this nonsense continues.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:43 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline Island View Post
SO disgusting! I am SO sick of this black on white hate crime that's going on all over the country. And I think it angers my husband more than it does me because he HATES the fact that people might start looking at him and assuming he's one of "them." I doubt it though, because he dresses and acts like a human being. :/

Which brings me to another question: Is Springfield gun friendly? Good people are going to have to start arming themselves if this nonsense continues.
Springfield is not just in the Ozarks but MO as well. The state is "gun friendly" and concealed weapons permits are provided on a "must issue" basis so long as you're not a convicted felon and/or violent offender or declared to be mentally ill and a danger to yourself or others. Many in the Ozarks hunt so they own guns and when it comes to home protection there is a strong Castle Doctrine.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline Island View Post

Caroline, in reading your comments describing the "thug" you sound very racist yourself. Kansas City is not as bad as you are trying to make it. While it has a much larger black population, if you lived in Overland Park, you did not have to experience any issues did you? I am black and live in Overland Park and people get their cars stolen, houses are broken into, rapes occur, and murders, too. The point is that it's not just black and white crime. There's white on white crime everyday!

Did you just hear of the KKK member (yes he was white) who drove from Aurora, Missouri up to Overland Park and shot and murdered a white grandfather and his white 14 year old grandson while they were in the parking lot of the jewish center to attend an event? This KKK guy hated jews but guess what? The people he murdered weren't even Jewish! (as if that should matter!) He also murdered a white woman in the parking lot. He did this because he was racist. [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overland_Park_Jewish_Community_Center_shooting]Overland Park Jewish Community Center shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

Secondly, while Springfield has a small black population, they are not prone to doing LIKE YOU and stereotyping black men into thugs and making their crimes feel 10 times worse than what happens everyday in Springfield by whites. Your own common sense should tell you that no matter the makeup of the population, there will be crime and your own "intelligence" should tell you that there's likely more crimes committed by the larger population (white) onto the smaller population (black) because of the numbers alone. Didn't you hear about the crime where some white nasty school coach kidnapped a little white girl then raped and killed her within a 4 hour period? I know a relative of Rusty Porter. This was a horrible white on white crime! [url=http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2012/10/two-charged-in-porter-murders.html]Two Charged In Porter Murders: - The Crime Scene[/url]

Thirdly, you can live anywhere and listen to blue grass. You can live in Kansas City and listen to bluegrass. If that's what you like there are a couple of places in Kansas City where this music is played.

Fourthly, if you were any kind of a WIFE and truly knew what your husband was up against, (and your children), you would teach your kids to love both sides of who they are. You would help them find some understanding in the happiness of being black and the struggles of dealing with white people. And you would also be HONEST and explain to them that whites and blacks alike PERPETUATE racism including their own mother.

Fifth, if your black "well dressed" husband and a "thug" were stripped of their clothing, stood in front of David Duke, and were the LAST TWO blacks in the country and David Duke said "I am shooting the 'blackest' man on earth." Which one would he pick? He'd probably shoot them both! Because at the end of the day, no matter how you dress your "boy" up, he's still a black MAN! You can't dress up color.

Sixth, since you want to talk about how blacks dress, let's talk about how white's dress. What color does every white person in POWER or who wants to show that they have power wear? A judge wears a BLACK robe. A police officer wears a BLACK uniform. In Kansas City, Lenexa, Overland Park, they drive BLACK cars. In corporate America they were BLACK business suits. Even the President and cabinet wear BLACK suits when they are signing laws. When they visit other countries, they ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wear BLACK suits. Why? Because the color BLACK is power. So I find it very interesting that you all don't want to be around blacks but then you want to wear black suits. Clothes have become nothing more than a way to change someone's skin. And you will never see people wearing WHITE suits because it's a sign of weakness. Sorry but I am not the person in corporate America who decided this. The BLACK suit helps white men blend in with the WORLD. It helps them feel what BLACKNESS feels for all of us. POWER! Just look at this picture of all of these white heads sticking out of "black skin." [url]https://www.google.com/search?q=bush+signs+law&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS578US589&e s_sm=91&biw=1920&bih=1010&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa= X&ei=4zcxVI26Hs2qyASUh4GIDA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoBA[/url]

Seventh, I'm from Springfield and graduated very high from both high school and college. And Springfield is racist although not intentionally. But then there are times that it is blatant and intentional and there are things that just wouldn't happen in Kansas City but is acceptable there. You WILL find people who will not give him a job because he is black. If he travels in some areas at night, just being a BLACK MAN will cause him problems. To be married to you, there are some whites in Springfield who will have a problem with that so you might want to background check or meet your neighbors before you pick someone to live next to. He will hear the word "******" more frequently. There were instances where postal workers put black balloons with the word ****** on them at the post office. There's a history of deep seeded racism. I distinctly remember my grandfather being called a "boy" and he was well dressed and a good human being. I remember my beautiful mother being called a ******. I remember going to private school and being treated differently by the teachers. I remember seeing a man dressed as a KKK man walking a nother man who was painted in black and looked like a slave into a bar near Sunshine and Glenstone on Halloween. I remember hearing about a man named Leonard Gakinya, who wasn't a "thug," found hanging from the radio tower in downtown Springfield in 2002. Yes, they still hang black men in Springfield in 2002!

Eighth, when you walk into restaurants many people will stop and stare at you. You might get that in Kansas City but you will really feel it in Springfield!

And so what are you going to do with your gun? Are you going to SHOOT EVERY WHITE PERSON for any of what I mentioned above? It's NOT OKAY for you to come on here and talk about how you "hate" black and white crime and then talk about guns. Are you an undercover cop? Are you trying to "fish" for hateful people in the Ozarks? Or are you just that ignorant sounding?

I also think that we all have experienced racial crimes. It doesn't happen to many whites but when it does, it hurts. All that I can say is that you can understand what racism feels like when you are black and encounter it 20 times more over a lifetime! It gets old really quick because racism is nothing but ignorance.

Finally, I think that Caroline is taking advantage of the good folks in Springfield. People in Springfield, including the blacks, are very proud of Springfield. There's no place on earth like Springfield and the Ozarks. It's beautiful and it feels small town even though it's a very large area. The restaurants, cruising on Kearney, the albino farm, Springfield Lake, the North Town Mall, the Square, remember Sears, the Shriner's circus, Heer's Department store, Cox Hospital, when the school was called just SMS, when Drury was a college and not a university, that Bob Barker is from Springfield, that the little girl in Brown vs the Board of Education in Topeka KS actually graduated from Springfield Central, and on and on....

We have a place that IN SPITE of the racism, ALL OF US ARE PROUD and you are not to go down there rubbing the black people who are from their the wrong way with your sense of SUPERIORITY because all Ozarkians are proud. The black families are old, strong, proud, and have helped build Springfield, too. And your husband and YOU need to understand that Southwest Missouri people, no matter their color, won't stand for city slicking snobbery.

Old 10-05-2014, 12:12 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,159 times
Missourigirl1
You had a good post going and then your sixth comment is just as, or more racist than her post...

Old 10-05-2014, 04:11 PM

1,773 posts, read 2,675,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Missourigirl1
You had a good post going and then your sixth comment is just as, or more racist than her post...
It also doesn't make much sense as most of it is all wrong... Generally speaking wearing a black suit is a pretty big faux pas if you're not at a funeral or your job as a server... Navy and charcoal are the norm... Btw, when black people buy all of their things in the color white does that mean they're pretending to be white? No... this is stupid... What colors look good on people is based on things like complexion, hair color, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area