Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 01:51 AM

2 posts, read 15,704 times

Advertisements

In need of help figuring out some info plz contact me by email [email]siccmindedtattooz@gmail.com[/email]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 11:37 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,159 times
Shoulda talked to a jailhouse lawyer......

Old 07-27-2013, 02:19 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alemehadii View Post
I was set up on 2 felonies, my pd even played me for a fool so the state could convict me.in my discovery it said one event, but in court the witness said sumthin completely else happened.i wasnt even in missouri when the crime was convicted with witnesses and debit card statements, the vandalism that was pushed on me was earlier reported on the victims brother a month b4 they said I did it.....I served numerous yrs in prison n now that my parole is over how do I take legal action on the state for me being wrongly convicted
As a former parole agent, adult parole in another state, all I can say is get in line behind all the other wrongfully convicted felons.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:21 AM

3 posts, read 4,725 times
Default Collateral Consequences of a Conviction

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAxeMan View Post
I comitted a "C". Felony 10 years ago. I stole a check and filled it out for $200 forged the signature and cashed it. The charge is Forgery. Does that mean I can't deer hunt? If not is there any way to? Like with a bow?
Currently, you can deer hunt and hunt for any and all game permitted to be taken by means other than a firearm, to include a modern inline muzzle loader. As a felon you may possess a replica made prior to a certain year as Missouri is now adopting the Federal standard under 18 USCA 922 (g)(1) and (h)(1). Efforts are being made within the state of Missouri to undo this wrong, [url=http://www.mafrr.org]Home[/url].

Old 10-13-2013, 08:31 AM

Jayden, it sounds like you may also be a Veteran or adopted a term from a soldiers oath, "foreign and domestic". The reality is this, the US Supreme Court held that the Second Amendment is an Individual Right, which for the security of the state could be infringed, ie...while a person is in prison. However, the Missouri Constitution Article I. § 23 states, “That the right of every citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or when lawfully summoned in aid of the civil power, shall not be questioned; but this shall not justify the wearing of concealed weapons.” Now the point to argue is are you a citizen? The answer to that is yes. The Supremacy Clause does not continue to apply in this matter, as there are several states which have a process of restoration that is either automatic or is through a judicial process. When you are a ward of the State either on probation, parole, in custody or otherwise then the state may impose firearm restrictions upon you, as your citizenship is in question. This will make more citizens less dependent upon a government seeking to make us all slaves to a system of bureaucracy rather than a system of representation.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:44 AM

Regardless of who has a conviction for committing the crime or who was set up and innocent, the reality is that the judicial process is set up by man and is therefore fallible and a process should be in place to restore the rights of those convicted for non violent crimes, so that they can move on with their life. Those who have committed serious offenses murder, rape, arson, etc...should be in prison for life or executed. I have a hard view on the subject I know and I am certain mitigating factors may have played a part in why one person kills another person, all of which a Judge and jury should carefully consider.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:14 PM

662 posts, read 1,228,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Three kids and a fiance?
I wouldn't do the facepalm there, at least he is eventually getting married. A lot of people never do. Not that many people any more get married first before they start to have children. Those that do are mostly from rural areas, get married in their mid-30s or later, or are in a professional type of job.

As far as the original topic, the older law was much more sane than the ones the Feds foisted on us and Jay "I'm not a crook" Nixon signed into law. I can understand why somebody who committed aggravated assault, homicide, rape, kidnapping, or similar violent crimes (which often involve a weapon) would be barred from possessing a firearm. But making any felony a permanent disqualification for being able to do something like go deer hunting during rifle season in my opinion is a cruel and unusual punishment and should be stricken as unconstitutional. How is somebody that does something like forge a check like one of the posters did any more "dangerous" with a weapon than anybody else?

Old 12-01-2013, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,471 times
well the new law in Missouri that was up held nov 29 by the united surprem court is that all felon are prohibited to have poss of a firearm .

Old 10-02-2014, 08:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,262 times
I do believe that in Missouri if you are a felon and you stay clean like you say in the first post you have written I heard that you can have your RECORD EXPUNGED. Go to a lawyer that deals with EXPUNGING RECORDS and see if your qualified. And if I'm correct it should only cost around $100.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:52 AM

81 posts, read 208,874 times
If I were you I wouldn't think about a firearm without consulting an attorney. Just because state law says one thing does not protect you in federal court; all it takes is one mistake or mishap under the right circumstances and you're off to club fed. If I were you I wouldn't risk it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area