Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 05:46 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,380,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by altus2006 View Post
What towns are located in Stone County that people are retiring to?

altus2006
1. Kimberling City
2. Branson West
3. Reeds Spring
4. Galena
5. Blue Eye
6. Lampe
7. Cape Fair

...these are all towns with property bordering Table Rock Lake.

People have been retiring to this lake since it was built in '59. Mild climate, low cost of living, relaxed fun life style.

Northern Stone County is also seeing growth, but not so much retirees.
NSC is close enough to Springfield for the refugees to buy that acreage they're wanting and be within commute distance.

Last edited by Lake Junkie; 12-05-2007 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: How could I forget Cape Fair?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 05:56 PM

682 posts, read 2,565,765 times
Are there any new home builders in the Table Rock area that are putting up houses now? How do I find out the names of builders?

What kinds of houses are in the area? I am thinking log cabins, but I have never been to Branson or the other places mentioned.

altus2006

Old 12-10-2007, 10:01 AM

1,640 posts, read 3,652,963 times
Welcome, Malo!

I have no experience in such things but I recently learned that starting on taxes from 2007, there has been a change to the retirement tax in MO. I just found a website (for Retirement Living Information Center) that will help you in your quest for retirement comparisons. Here's a link: Taxes by State

When you click on the link that takes you to the alphabetical section that MO is listed in, you can scroll down and it explains it pretty well. I thought of copying it and pasting it here but I noticed that City-Data is asking us not to do that, due to copyright infringement laws so here's that link: Retirement Living - Taxes by State: Kansas - New Mexico

I'm impressed that you're looking now and hope you are able to find the answers you need!

http://mediaphoto.doctissimo.fr/dossiers/t/a/tartalacreme/grands-smileys/TN-4783-lecture.gif (broken link) MrsG

Quote:
Originally Posted by malo View Post
Hi everyone

...This is my first post. I've been checking out the retirement forum to see how others are planning their retirements. My wife and I are considering Missouri, Alabama, Tennessee, Washington, and Oregon as possible places to retire ..so that's why I'm posting here. I've got about ten years before I'm ready to leave my job ..but could possibly transfer with my company before retirement (very large international company). I've been maxing out on 401k for a while but will have to cut back if we decide to purchase retirement property before retirement (possibly land first -then build after selling California house). I will have a small pension of about $1100, SS appox. $1200, draw from $401k $2,000 (4% of bal.), draw from other investments $800 (4% of bal.). Wife's retirement will kick in 5 yrs. later ..no pension, SS appox. $800, draw from 401k $200. I will have to provide health insurance as my employer does not offer that with my retirement package.

Would appreciate *advice on health ins. and *it's cost for retirees, the *pros and cons of living in above mentioned states and cost to live in said states, and *other recommended places to retire. We prefer not to deal with extreme weather. We are in Northern California now. I see this post is better fitted for the retirement forum, but this site isn't allowing copy and paste ...so I'll post and then try to somehow get this message over to the retirement area. I am very interested in Missouri and would still appreciate feedback from this forum. We were in Southeast Missouri a few weeks ago to watch my son play football and visited Branson while there. We really liked the area and think we could find a good fit somewhere near Springfield and Branson. Thanks for any help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area