Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2007, 06:23 PM

116 posts, read 228,772 times

Advertisements

Please tell me what the weather is like . How much snow , rain is summers hot & humid ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 01:08 AM

382 posts, read 1,068,762 times
Lightbulb Weather and etc.

Skiper,

Check out the site below. Look to the left side of the screen and you should "geography & climate". Click that link. Bunch more info for you to peruse if you so desire.

(Jammer will be proud of me. He told me how to get these links within a post. I just hope I did it right and it works for you. If not let me know and I will try something different.)

Demographics (http://www.business4springfield.com/demographics/ - broken link)

Last edited by SassyGirl2; 10-19-2007 at 01:09 AM.. Reason: added info

Old 10-19-2007, 04:48 AM

Thanks For Your Help

Old 10-19-2007, 05:53 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,380,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyGirl2 View Post
Check out the site below. Look to the left side of the screen and you should "geography & climate". Click that link. Bunch more info for you to peruse if you so desire.

(Jammer will be proud of me. He told me how to get these links within a post. I just hope I did it right and it works for you. If not let me know and I will try something different.)

Demographics (http://www.business4springfield.com/demographics/ - broken link)
We're all proud of you, darlin...carrying on the helpful MO tradition!

Skiper...the weather is somewhat different in different parts of Missouri, although generally hot & humid in the summer and with varying degrees of snow & ice in winter. 4 seasons. You'll find lots of great info around here!

Old 10-19-2007, 07:38 PM

382 posts, read 1,068,762 times
Red face Do you really, really mean it????

[quote=Lake Junkie;1772480]We're all proud of you, darlin...carrying on the helpful MO tradition!

Makes me feel good. I just thought I was being a genteel southern belle. I was really a tomboy and it took me years to learn how to walk around in them thar stilettos but finally got the hang of it just in time to become retarded (retired).

My dear darling best half use to say I was too much of a busybody trying to "fix" everyone's problems. Just a strong maternal instinct I have been cursed with - a Miss Fixit beyond belief!

(Haven't had time to play around with all the smileys yet so I must stick to the tried and true right now.)

Old 10-21-2007, 07:43 PM

879 posts, read 2,877,942 times
Default weather and such...

Weather varies greatly from region to region however, our experience in the Branson Area...

Spring....storm season. Not hot, not cold. Generally you can plant the garden by mid-April but there are occasional frosts in this month.

Summer....warm and can be fairly humid. Not Alabama coastal humid, but humid nonetheless (depending on what your used to). Can have hot days (90's) and occasionally the temps hit over 100 but "normally" doesn't last too long (there were exceptions to that last year). The bugs start to come out in the summer..ticks, chiggers, wasps, etc. Mosquitoes aren't too bad down around the Branson/Lakes regions but areas further north/south can have lots of 'em. Great time to be on the lake.

Fall...gorgeous. Warm days, cooling evenings. But autumn tends to be the best time of year most anywhere in the U.S.

Winter. Mixed weather patterns. Can have cold days, can have warm days. Snow averages about 18 inches per year but they can get the occasional heavy (a foot or so) snowfall. It's generally gone in a few days. Ice storms occasionally hit the area. They had a bad one earlier this year in areas of north Sprngfield and west.

Rain can happen any month of the year so it's green most of the year. Severe storms can also happen any month but the weather forecasters deem May/June to be the worst months. See weatherbase.com for specifics.

The statistical sites like Sperling, city-data, and weatherbase are a good starting point, but you have to take the info with a grain of salt. We've seen stats that were downright wrong on some of the info.

The Branson-Springfield area has fairly mild weather compared to many other areas of the country, but you will get 4 seasons. And love it. It's enough to enjoy but not enough to have to shovel.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:10 PM

Great Info. Thanks

Old 10-23-2007, 08:21 AM

12 posts, read 54,077 times
Springfield, MO. has the most varied weather/temps in the entire country from one
moment to the next in a study I read online a few years ago. So, make sure you have
all sorts of clothing on hand to throw on at any given moment. A great example
happened this weekend, Saturday & Sunday it was 80+, but by Monday early a.m. the
temp. had dropped 30 degrees with rain and strong minds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area