U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2013, 07:45 PM

94 posts, read 184,289 times

Advertisements

Well, the BofA branch in Shell Knob is now going to be an Arvest branch. Our current bank here (not BofA) gives us free checking, no ATM fees, free bill pay, free checks--we do autodeposit.

If you bank at Arvest, what is your opinion? According to their web site, you have to have the 3rd tier checking w/monthly fee before you get free billpay. No mention of autodeposit.

Arkansas
  • Harrison - 700 US Hwy 62-65N
  • Hot Springs - 301 Exchange
  • Hot Springs - 1500 Albert Pike Road
  • Hot Springs - 1550 Malvern Ave
  • Hot Springs - 4400 Central
  • Hot Springs Village - 111 Cordoba Center
  • Mountain Home - 650 South St
  • Russellville - 121 S Boulder
  • Russellville - 209 W Main St
Kansas
  • Pittsburg - 216 N Broadway
Missouri
  • Aurora - 138 E Church St.
  • Branson - 510 Veteran's Blvd
  • Branson West - 18491 State Hwy 13
  • Carthage - 2424 Fairlawn Ave.
  • Cassville - 503 Main Street
  • Forsyth - 115 Shadowrock Dr
  • Joplin - 402 S Rangeline Rd
  • Lebanon - 104 N Jefferson Ave
  • Lockwood - 704 Main St
  • Monett - 100 E Broadway
  • Mountain Grove - 111 N Maple Ave
  • Neosho - 719 S Neosho Blvd
  • Nevada - 401 E Austin Blvd
  • Shell Knob - Hwy 39 @ YY
  • West Plains - 1311 Porter Waggoner Blvd
Oklahoma
  • Muskogee - 230 W Broadway
  • Muskogee - 333 N 3rd Street
  • Tahlequah - 100 S Muskogee Ave
  • Tahlequah - 123 W Shawnee St
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 06:36 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,060,134 times
Default My take...

Well I see nobody from Arvest has answered you, but I'll throw in my 2 cents.
(Banks...cents...)
The banking world has changed so dramatically in the last few years! On the financing end of things in my world, Arvest is one of the very best banks to deal with. Closings are timely and seamless, the clients tell me they're awesome to work with. Title companies love them for their streamlined settlements. The other institution you mentioned is known as THE worst. Can I get a groan all around?
So I hope the change is a good one, and that they give their regular deposit customers the kind of service that the loan department is famous for.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:38 PM

971 posts, read 1,313,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
(Banks...cents...)
The banking world has changed so dramatically in the last few years! On the financing end of things in my world, Arvest is one of the very best banks to deal with. Closings are timely and seamless, the clients tell me they're awesome to work with. Title companies love them for their streamlined settlements. The other institution you mentioned is known as THE worst. Can I get a groan all around?
So I hope the change is a good one, and that they give their regular deposit customers the kind of service that the loan department is famous for.
I usually agree with your posts Lake Junkie but I don't share your assessment of Arvest.

I live in Missouri but found a used pickup at the Dodge dealership in Berryville. While going through the financing process I chose to go with the bank in Missouri I had been with for over 50 years. A few days later I got a letter of finance rejection from an Arvest Bank in Arkansas (don't remember the town, might have been Berryvlle) but knowing I had impeckable credit, I wrote the Arvest bank asking information on why the rejection. I never got a reply.

I have no fondest for any Arvest bank. JMPO

Last edited by Bluff_Dweller; 02-02-2013 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: To correct spelling, sometimes I hit the wrong key. LOL

Old 02-03-2013, 05:30 AM

2,505 posts, read 5,867,202 times
Have an account at B of A. at one of the branches you mentioned, and have not heard about Arvest buying them out yet. Interesting. Thanks for the information.

Last edited by tambre; 02-03-2013 at 05:31 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-05-2013, 04:19 PM

94 posts, read 184,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
(Banks...cents...)
Oh I know that reputation -- they hold our mortgage out here in California -- seems no matter who your original loan was funded through, it manages to get to them for servicing.

I am more interesting in normal banking services and not having to pay to walk in a bank and make a deposit, use an ATM without a horrendous fee, billpay, etc. When back here visiting family I had sticker shock at some of the ATM fees being charged to get cash, so I want a bank with many branches/atms.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:00 PM

694 posts, read 1,226,044 times
Wikipedia reports "It has been reported by many sources including Forbes that Arvest Bank is owned and controlled by the Walton family of Walmart fame, although Arvest is operated separately from the famous retail chain. Sam Walton's son Jim runs the company. In 2003, Jim, his brother and his mother owned a combined stake of 96.14% of the company."

The Walton's get enough of my money thru the local Wal-Mart and Sam's Club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area