Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 10:25 AM

11 posts, read 45,503 times

Advertisements

Ok, I just found out that I'm pregnant! Why the OMG? I already have 3 kids, the youngest being 7, and we thought we were done! I told my husband he needed to get fixed!
Thirty-three is too old to have kids!

Anyway, I have no clue which ob-gyn to see. We just moved to Branson two and a half months ago. I saw someone was asking about an ob-gyn that takes Medicaid. I don't need a doctor that takes Medicaid, just a good doctor. I just wanted to see if there was an even better doc out there that wasn't mentioned because of the Medicaid thing. After having all three of my other kids with the same doc, I'm nervous about going to a complete stranger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 01:31 PM

870 posts, read 3,081,059 times
I still recommend Dr David Afshar!!! No matter what kind of Insurance you have, he treats all the same!! You should see his office! Thank you letters and pictures everywhere from happy patients!

Old 11-15-2007, 01:55 PM

11 posts, read 45,503 times
Last week sometime, I had asked for a family doctor, dentist, etc, and Dr. Afshar was recommended as a family doctor. Is this the same doctor?

I hope my previous question here didn't sound bad, but where we moved from, there was a difference between those doctors who took Medicaid and those who didn't. Being new to the area, I don't know what it's like up here.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:47 PM

870 posts, read 3,081,059 times
Dr David Afshar 417-334-7722
In Skaggs Hospital
545 Branson Landing Blvd
Branson, MO 65616

You will love him!

Old 11-15-2007, 05:24 PM

526 posts, read 1,246,136 times
Well, I can't help with the Dr part, but congrads on the new little one !! I had my last (and fourth) one in my 30's and it's not that bad honest........ course I can say that now that he is all grown up !! http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd32/jdslady/animated_baby.gif (broken link)

Old 11-16-2007, 11:05 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,024 times
Indeed congrats!
And best luck to ya all

Old 11-17-2007, 06:29 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,380,482 times
Default New life comin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrieb View Post
Last week sometime, I had asked for a family doctor, dentist, etc, and Dr. Afshar was recommended as a family doctor. Is this the same doctor?

I hope my previous question here didn't sound bad, but where we moved from, there was a difference between those doctors who took Medicaid and those who didn't. Being new to the area, I don't know what it's like up here.
I think, Carrie, that in a small town, where there aren't as many doctors, you'll find there isn't that much of a division between the doctors. When I recommended Dr. Mona on another thread, I honestly didn't ask whether she takes Medicaid. I called my P.A. and asked who she sends her patients to. I understand what you're saying, I've lived in big CA cities and it's just different here. (Thank God!)

And may I say...my baby sister was an unplanned miracle. God (whatever you conceive him/her to be) has very special people that he wants here and believe me, there's a reason.

Don't mean to sound preachy, but if my lil' sis hadn't been born, I wouldn't be alive today. So as difficult as it may be to adjust to the idea, throw this thought into the pot: This new baby has a destiny in your life, in our world, that we can't go forward without her/him!

Eat lots of protein... ...and be glad it's not summer!

Old 11-17-2007, 06:53 AM

3 posts, read 8,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrieb View Post
Ok, I just found out that I'm pregnant! Why the OMG? I already have 3 kids, the youngest being 7, and we thought we were done! I told my husband he needed to get fixed!
Thirty-three is too old to have kids!

Anyway, I have no clue which ob-gyn to see. We just moved to Branson two and a half months ago. I saw someone was asking about an ob-gyn that takes Medicaid. I don't need a doctor that takes Medicaid, just a good doctor. I just wanted to see if there was an even better doc out there that wasn't mentioned because of the Medicaid thing. After having all three of my other kids with the same doc, I'm nervous about going to a complete stranger.
i'm 35 with 2 boys, but im glad i'm pregnant took forever, hopein' for a girl this time. Dr. Afshar is a good dr. my niece had him but i was lookin' for a female dr. to me they understand things more then a male dr. bein' a women and all. happy pregency to you!! congradulations.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:10 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,643,885 times
33 isn't too old. it is better because you are more mature (in the mind i mean). most ob/gyn's are basically trained the same so i wouldnt worry about finding a good one. good bedside manner is totally varied though so if you dont feel he/she is warm enough then don't choose them. you may want to check out a midwife as she will know what you are going through. also, i'd make an appt right away for your husband's v-day surgery and if he refuses then you'll just have to choose a form of birth control for yourself so you're not shocked again in a couple of years. good luck and congrats!

Old 12-13-2007, 11:17 PM

429 posts, read 684,655 times
dr.zeller is a good OBGYN.he delivered my two younger children .very good bedside manner and answered all my questions and concerns.he is in the book....and no you are not too old to have that baby.!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area