Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2007, 06:22 PM

1 posts, read 4,030 times

Advertisements

I've got a potential six-figure job opportunity (nuclear pharmacy) in Joplin but I don't know much about the area. I grew up in St.Joe-KC area, but Joplin may be as close as I can get to KC. I need to know if there are good schools there, I've got on in 1st grade right now. I also need advice on where to live. Looking for a nice, quiet, safe neighborhood/subdivision. I don't mind driving 30 minutes or so to my work site in Joplin. From what I can tell, housing is very affordable in that area. I'll be looking to buy a 3-bedroom 2-bath ranch-style house in the near future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 09:47 PM

63 posts, read 272,298 times
You might want to look into Carl Junction. It is a "suburb" of Joplin, and from what I have heard they have good schools, not a lot of crime, and has quite a bit of housing in different price ranges.

Old 05-23-2008, 02:07 PM

66 posts, read 231,081 times
I use to live in Joplin, Mom still lives there, I would go with the previous advice, and look at Carl Junction, or Webb City, Webb City is connected to the norther part of joplin, its hard to tell them apart, Carl junction is about 5 miles away, nice little town. Both have good schools and neighborhoods.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:02 AM

55 posts, read 221,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonmouth55 View Post
I've got a potential six-figure job opportunity (nuclear pharmacy) in Joplin but I don't know much about the area. I grew up in St.Joe-KC area, but Joplin may be as close as I can get to KC. I need to know if there are good schools there, I've got on in 1st grade right now. I also need advice on where to live. Looking for a nice, quiet, safe neighborhood/subdivision. I don't mind driving 30 minutes or so to my work site in Joplin. From what I can tell, housing is very affordable in that area. I'll be looking to buy a 3-bedroom 2-bath ranch-style house in the near future.
If you're making six figures in Joplin you've got it made my friend.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,021 times
Smile Carl Junction

I do not presently live in Carl Junction but we have been visiting close to there sinc1974. We will be moving there this year and, we have relatives that live just North of Carl. All of their children attend school in Carl and my niece and nephew play sports for Carl Junction High. I am a retired police officer so the first thing I want to know about is crime rates and the size of the police department. I can say that my research and personal experience tells me that the crime rate is very low in Carl. The police department is 17 strong or a ratio of about 1.76 per 1000 population. FBI statistics say there should be 2.5 officers per thousand population but almost no city in the country has that ratio. There have been no murders and, assaults, thefts, robberies and burglaries are also low. There is a large country club in Carl that is just beautiful. The people are friendly and they and the surrounding community support sports like I have never seen. I currently live in the Minneapolis, Mn. area and, well, there is no comparison between here and there. I am familiar with Joplin, Webb City, Carthage, Oronogo, Miami,Ok., Pittsburg, Ks., Asbury, and Waco and of all of them, I will choose to live in Carl Junction. Housing and cost of living is lower there than here ( I admit almost everywhere is), but the important thing is you can purchase a lot of house for an average amount of money. My sister-in-law worked for one of the hospitals in Joplin and I can tell you that the hospital care there is second to none. Since I have some medical issues, that is important to me. Yes, they are in "Tornado Alley" but so is Minneapolis, Mn. Weather is something we live with and occasionally get out of the way of but should be respected not feared. Ok, said my piece. Good luck on your move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area