Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2013, 01:20 AM

21 posts, read 38,217 times

Advertisements

Hi! I searched and found that Springfield has a pretty adequate bus system and the town seems quite affordable, so I am considering it and have looked into some apartment buildings. Could anyone give me some advice on which part of the town is safe for a single woman to live in? If anyone can suggest any apartment complexes that are on the bus route would be highly appreciated. I've found one called Woodgate in the southeast side close to E Sunshine and 65 highway, is the southeast side the good side? Thanks!

Last edited by SilverTeabox; 10-19-2013 at 01:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 09:24 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,118,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTeabox View Post
Hi! I searched and found that Springfield has a pretty adequate bus system and the town seems quite affordable, so I am considering it and have looked into some apartment buildings. Could anyone give me some advice on which part of the town is safe for a single woman to live in? If anyone can suggest any apartment complexes that are on the bus route would be highly appreciated. I've found one called Woodgate in the southeast side close to E Sunshine and 65 highway, is the southeast side the good side? Thanks!
Woodgate has a lot of transient residents. Kind of lower class.

You want to stick to the south west or south east part of town. Quail Creek is quite nice and it is on the bus route. Check out Kelly Greens, Golden Pond - both are nice [safe] apartment complexes.

Whatever you do, do not get anything North of Sunshine Street *or* East of Campbell.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-19-2013, 10:45 AM

186 posts, read 465,813 times
Quote:
I second what 20Years said. I'm a single woman, and I live on the SW side of town. The SW and SE sides are the safest. I would not consider Sunshine and 65 to be SE, more like Eastern. The places he recommended are good, and I can vouch for Golden Pond apartments. I don't live there, but one of my coworkers does, and he and his family love it. You might also consider the multitude of duplexes that we have in town, if you'd rather not have someone living above or below you. Duplexes are roughly the same price as apartments around here, but with a lot more space.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Woodgate has a lot of transient residents. Kind of lower class.

You want to stick to the south west or south east part of town. Quail Creek is quite nice and it is on the bus route. Check out Kelly Greens, Golden Pond - both are nice [safe] apartment complexes.

Whatever you do, do not get anything North of Sunshine Street *or* East of Campbell.

20yrsinBranson
Oh crud, I meant WEST of Campbell. Sorry, I'm directionally challenged today.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-19-2013, 02:48 PM

Oh, thanks! I was wondering as it seems the prices were really low. So west of Campbell doesn't consider as SW?

Old 10-19-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Oh, thanks! I was wondering as it seems the prices were really low. So west of Campbell doesn't consider as SW?
Only after you get south of Sunshine.

There is a very distinct division of the classes between the South side and North side of Springfield. Just to go a website like https://www.crimereports.com and put in Springfield, MO and you will see where the majority of crimes, (and sex offenders) are located.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-19-2013, 04:59 PM

Thanks for the site, it looks a little scary on the map.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the site, it looks a little scary on the map.
Nah, compared to most cities our size (300,000 metro area), it has a very low crime rate. Take the same site and look at Jackson, Mississippi; Birmingham, Alabama; or Fayetteville, North Carolina, to get a real taste of how safe Springfield is.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-24-2013, 08:57 PM

367 posts, read 765,258 times
A regularly patrolled area are the complexes at the corner of Kansas Expy and Sunshine. I know TLC properties are among the best. I know about the demographics and recommend you give that area a try.

I expect the SE will be slightly more expensive to live in than the SW.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:52 AM

141 posts, read 426,224 times
We lived on the north side of town for a couple of years and never had any issues. We lived north of Kearney though so I don't know if that makes a difference or not. We recently moved to Rogersville and love it. Springfield has had some crime issues lately but it is not any different than any other decent sized town. I think most of the crime has been drug related or domestic problems. Being a single woman it is probably better to stay on the south side of town or live in the outskirts of town like Ozark, Nixa or Republic.

We moved to Missouri about 3 years ago and we love the area. Good luck on finding a place and welcome to Springfield.

Stephanie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area