Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 08:40 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,093,179 times

Advertisements

LPNs positions are pretty limited, usually to clinics and nursing homes. I'm a couple of hours from LoO and none of the homecare agencies (if that is what you are referring to when you say "traveling" jobs) in my area hire LPNs. RNs are highly desired and many hospitals in this area will help pay for you to get your RN.

The Warsaw, LoO and Bolivar areas seem to be growing as far as healthcare is concerned. I would caution considering Springfield right now, with the recent semi-closure of Ozark Community Hospital, and I am hearing Mercy-Springfield is trimming clinical and non-clinical staff, and cutting physician bonuses, due to the AHCA.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2014, 07:31 AM

215 posts, read 283,388 times
Sharpydove, lots of questions. We're actively looking at properties on the Lake, mm60+ and wondered about:
1) Broadband availability?
2) Electric heat? Really? What are the electric rates like?
3) How much will we need a generator in the winter? Frozen pipes are not good.
4) How is mail service at the Lake? Is there a central mailbox location?
5) Ditto newspaper delivery, though I doubt that's available.
6) Who Plows the streets?
Since we'll be retired, none of this is a deal breaker, just want to go in with eyes open.

Thanks, ION1010

Old 10-07-2014, 08:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,382 times
Hello, I am a Realtor - live in Nixa and do business all over Springfield area. There are some great schools in Springfield and Nixa, rank from 1 to 10 scale on #9 in the Nation. Springfield is know for the awesome colleges, universities and also medical field/healthcare jobs. Awesome real estate prices and its not a bad place to live specially if you are planning to raise a family. Branson, Table Rock Lake and other great places are with in 30 min to 1 hour drive.
Look me up under Tony Zubku / zrealtyexperts

Old 01-04-2015, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,135 times
Default Camdenton Osage Beach

ION1010 , did you get info on Camdenton as you had requested in your post?

SharpyDove,

Any insights are really welcome.

we are exploring moving to the lake area. I can work from home, so reliable internet is all I need.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:00 PM

134 posts, read 192,766 times
You could also expand your search to Jefferson City for the Lake area. Branson is another option if you want to be on a lake Table Rock). Camdenton would be good as well as nearby Lebanon.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:34 AM

215 posts, read 283,388 times
Here's what we learned during a house hunting trip to the Lake:

1) Broadband availability?
It depends on where you're at, though I understand it's available.
2) Electric heat? Really? What are the electric rates like?
Can't get much info here, apples and oranges.
3) How much will we need a generator in the winter? Frozen pipes are not good.
A good fireplace or wood stove is always handy. Some properties have LP.
4) How is mail service at the Lake? Is there a central mailbox location?
Residential mailboxes are the norm
5) Ditto newspaper delivery, though I doubt that's available.
Unknown, but doubtful.
6) Who Plows the streets?
The state plows the state roads but you're on your own after that unless you have a HOA or are in a municipality.

More importantly, lack of building codes leads to some very iffy 'improvements' and construction. One property had electrical wiring that was pushing "Fatality" status. Others had egress issues that wouldn't be tolerated in most towns. Buyers must be aware.

We liked the Moscow end of the Lake (and the town itself) with pretty easy access to shopping and restaurants. I don't think there's a place on that west side of the Lake that isn't, minimum, 1/2 hour or more from a town. Living there year 'round will include careful planning for supplies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area