Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2015, 08:30 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,874,865 times

Advertisements

We loved Branson last trip it's a fun place with great attractions obviously . The food was great and we timeshared. We went to the mall and the late Andy Williams show , which was awesome! Fudruckers hamburgers were great. We heard Jim Bakker show out in Blue Eye was having a Christmas show so we went to Morningside a great choice as we met CC Winans and the Rankin brothers , Kevin Shorey and Jim Bakker himself!
We set up tables and 400 folks piled in for a memorable night.
It gave my wife and I real desire to move here as the Ozarks are
really cool and we can fish Rock Table lake plus kayak!
We love Jims wife Lori Bakker and their five adopted kids our
grandchild wants to go to school there ( masters titled program) Anyway, we want to check out Springfield first and
weather is a nail biter in Mo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 11:22 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Are you talking the village of Blue Eye proper or the large, rural area served by the Blue Eye post office? And by the way, it's Table Rock Lake, not the other way around. As for the weather, we do serve excitement here. Witness the 2012 Branson tornado.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:58 PM

620 posts, read 1,232,077 times
You are moving here to join the jim bakker cult??? Blue eye used to be a great little town now they are trying to bring their cult here to take very a nice little southern town full of transplants. This guy is a fraud

Old 01-06-2015, 10:24 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbored198824 View Post
You are moving here to join the jim bakker cult??? Blue eye used to be a great little town now they are trying to bring their cult here to take very a nice little southern town full of transplants. This guy is a fraud
Agreed on all counts. Morningside is creepy as are the people (zombies?) living (?) and working there. My wife and I visited it once years ago, not for one of Bakker's "show me the money" broadcast shows. As soon as we arrived my cop's sixth sense went on high alert and my wife said the place gave her the chills. Thankfully we live about eight miles away from it but it's too close and I don't consider a crook to be a good neighbor. Just another real estate scam and, as you said, cult.

The Bakker crew tried to get Blue Eye to change its name to Morningside. Forget about history. Jim Bakker needs to be worshipped.

Old 07-05-2023, 04:19 PM

1 posts, read 587 times
I could not disagree with you anymore. I have been living here for three years and I am not a zombie. Yes, its like any typical small close-knit (haha) community, with the typical town gossips, over judgemental church goers and a handful of very nice people. It mostly a retirement community. Jim a neighbor?, lol he does not even live on morningside! His studio is here and he interviews many many prominent people from both the Christian community and in politics.

Like I said I have been here for three years, many people are caring, and are always trying to give away things. Many occasions I was handed some money, not much 30$ or 40$ in Gods name. Boy what a scary bunch, lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
View detailed profiles of: