U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 06:51 PM

104 posts, read 387,831 times

Advertisements

I need to get some cash and was wondering what "Pawn Shops" offer the best service and pricing for used Jewelry (Gold, Silver & small Diamonds) in Ozark, Nixa & Springfield.

Yeah, that's how broke I am this month, lol!
This idea dawned on me as I was packing stuff to take downstairs during the tornado storm, that I was holding on to some jewelry I don't wear anymore or need.

I will be out tomorrow so please let me know by tonight or Noon Friday please if you can, Thanks a Bunch!

Blessings,
BabyFace

Last edited by da jammer; 01-15-2008 at 08:44 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 07:50 AM

6,023 posts, read 13,353,782 times
You must be joking ! Stay as far away from a pawn shop as you can when it comes to selling jewelry. (Unless you know the guy or have had good luck dealing with the place before). If you want a high interest loan they are an option. That's expensive money even if you pay it back quickly, however many folks never go back for their stuff. There are many good honest pawn shop owners but the few shady ones give the whole industry a bad rep.
I have seen bargains to be had while shopping at pawnshops at times but those guys are generally pretty shrewed. Many folks feel ripped off after dealing with pawn shops similar to the feeling you get when dealing with some car dealers, banks and realtors, I call it contract remorse !

Last edited by Rickers; 01-11-2008 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: Added a line and fixed spelling.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:09 AM

12,063 posts, read 30,376,687 times
generally speaking Pawn shops give lousy prices for stuff because the people selling it are desperate. That's how they make their money and make their business last.

That being said, they fill an important niche, and if you're desperate it's a good way to get that cash you need.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:17 PM

Yeah, I know but my digital cameral won't take that close up of pictures to put them on EBAY not to mention I am having a lot of problems with my computer

Old 01-12-2008, 04:47 PM

Well, I went Golden Rule and Doc's in Ozark and then Loftis in Springfield.

Golden gave me what I was hoping for on some scrap (same number in my head, Praise God) but not on 2 pieces so kept those. There was a real nice older gentleman there, (I forgot his name) and stayed and chatted for a while.

Loftis had such a HUGE amount of jewelry! Allot of it was very nice and it was just down the way from Bass Pro and Mama Jeans Health Food Store.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:58 PM

879 posts, read 2,771,339 times
I would try an ad in the Springfield paper first. I would hit a pawn shop last.

BTW: As an ex-jewelry buff be prepared for a shock when selling jewelry. You generally only get about 10 cents on the dollar no matter which way you go. Unless your buying investment grades gemstones used jewelry pays back very little. Remember that jewelry has a 250-300% markup to start with. Then you lose more value (eg: money) because it's used.

If you have any thing other than jewelry to sell/pawn you may want to consider that first.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:26 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,352,226 times
[quote=babyfaceminerals;2478781]
I need to get some cash and was wondering what "Pawn Shops" offer the best service and pricing for used Jewelry (Gold, Silver & small Diamonds) in Ozark, Nixa & Springfield.

Yeah, that's how broke I am this month, lol!
This idea dawned on me as I was packing stuff to take downstairs during the tornado storm, that I was holding on to some jewelry I don't wear anymore or need.

I will be out tomorrow so please let me know by tonight or Noon Friday please if you can, Thanks a Bunch! If you are not in a BIG hurry list it on E Bay or try a consignment store.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:55 AM

[quote=junkman18;2590439]
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfaceminerals View Post

If you are not in a BIG hurry list it on E Bay or try a consignment store.
I was able to get a couple okay pictures with my digital camera, I might try that....

Old 01-26-2008, 01:53 AM

2,140 posts, read 7,622,115 times
Pawn shops are a rip off.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:25 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,352,226 times
[quote=babyfaceminerals;2628162]
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post

I was able to get a couple okay pictures with my digital camera, I might try that....
sometimes you can scan things and gives a better picture than a camera. If you have a scanner give it a try and see what happens..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area