Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 02:02 PM

870 posts, read 3,070,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof View Post
Hey Mrs C!!! You see that? We've got another Chef in da house!!! How cool is that????? Good for you MissS!!! Yah, I'm jealous.

Say, as long as I'm here.....does anyone know where I can fine 'Aunt Penny's White Sauce'? I've looked in every store I've gone to, and can't find it. I use it in my Macaroni & Cheese and other 'creamed' dishes. It was everywhere in CA, so maybe it's not poopular here in the Mid-West.

Anyone???

'Penny-less',
Boof
Wow, I've never even heard of that! But, if you ask your local grocer, I bet he would order it for you! Or, order direct!! Contact Teasdale (http://www.teasdale.net/contact.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 06:51 PM

791 posts, read 1,813,965 times
Red face Why Didn't I think Of That???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
Wow, I've never even heard of that! But, if you ask your local grocer, I bet he would order it for you! Or, order direct!! Contact Teasdale (http://www.teasdale.net/contact.html - broken link)
Darlin,

You are so great for these forums!!! Your cheerful friendliness just brightens the room!!! Girl, you bring up 2 great points. 1. When I've asked about ordering it, they act as if it'd take an act of Congress to do it, so I figured it'd be more of a hassle than it's worth. 2. I didn't ever think of calling the company, so I followed your link and called them. I spoke with an awesome lady, and when I told her I'd moved out of CA, she said "And you're looking for Aunt Penny's and can't find it". LOL Is that hilarious or what? She knew exactly why I was calling.

She told me that the distributors are only carrying it for the West Coast, but that she could send me a case since it isn't sold out here. So, I ordered a case and it goes out on Monday.

That stuff is like gold to me, and because of you, it's on it's way. I'd give you 20 Reps if I could, just for waking me out of my stupor!

Just thought you'd like to know. Thanks a million, Doll!!

Gratefully,
Boof

Old 02-03-2008, 02:26 PM

879 posts, read 2,868,102 times
Default Welcome and...

The other place you might try, strangely enough, is Dick's 5 & dime in downtown Branson..they carry a lot of the old timey stuff and I think Aunt Penny's is one of those sauces.

Well, a real Chef! Welcome again "S". I'm not a chef, just an avid food fan who has taken a lot of classes at a variety of cooking schools/venue's.

What Culinary school did you attend? Are you planning on chef'ing out here?

BTW: Sounds like your landing right up by Two Fat Daddies...they have pretty darn good BBQ.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:44 PM

Default Greek Yogurt?

Well, if I can't find really good bagels I guess I'll have to start making them...(boil em and then bake 'em).

But anyone know where to buy really good Greek style yogurt?

Last edited by mrschilicook; 02-05-2008 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: title

Old 02-06-2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
The other place you might try, strangely enough, is Dick's 5 & dime in downtown Branson..they carry a lot of the old timey stuff and I think Aunt Penny's is one of those sauces.

Well, a real Chef! Welcome again "S". I'm not a chef, just an avid food fan who has taken a lot of classes at a variety of cooking schools/venue's.

What Culinary school did you attend? Are you planning on chef'ing out here?

BTW: Sounds like your landing right up by Two Fat Daddies...they have pretty darn good BBQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
Well, if I can't find really good bagels I guess I'll have to start making them...(boil em and then bake 'em).

But anyone know where to buy really good Greek style yogurt?
Hey MrsC,

Maybe I'll just have to check out the 5 & 10 when I'm in Branson for the OTFCC. It'd be a nice diversion. I love looking in places like that. They're always so fun. Thanks for the tip.

And anything with Fat Daddies in the name HAS to be good, right? Definitely sounds like it's worth trying.

As for the Greek Yogurt.....I'm curious too. That stuff is SOOOOOO good!!! We sold it at a store I worked at in CA, and it was the absolute BOMB!!! Puts regular yogurt to shame!!!!! At least IMHO. I'll keep my eye out for it, and let you know if I get lucky.

Getting Hungrier,
Boof

Old 02-22-2008, 11:48 PM

28 posts, read 86,343 times
I was up in Springfield last week and had a thought about the Greek yogurt, but our browser had crashed, I lost my bookmarks, and couldn't remember where this forum was!

Have you tried Akin's Natural Foods in Springfield as a source for the Greek yogurt? I didn't realize there was an Akin's up there but just happened to run across it. Akin's is originally a Tulsa company and having lived in Tulsa for about 40 years I've shopped there quite a bit. I'm pretty sure they carry the Greek yogurt there.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:14 AM

28 posts, read 86,343 times
And while we're looking for things...does anyone know of any good ethnic markets anywhere in the area? I'd especially be interested in an Asian market with great produce.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:28 PM

870 posts, read 3,070,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof View Post
Darlin,

You are so great for these forums!!! Your cheerful friendliness just brightens the room!!! Girl, you bring up 2 great points. 1. When I've asked about ordering it, they act as if it'd take an act of Congress to do it, so I figured it'd be more of a hassle than it's worth. 2. I didn't ever think of calling the company, so I followed your link and called them. I spoke with an awesome lady, and when I told her I'd moved out of CA, she said "And you're looking for Aunt Penny's and can't find it". LOL Is that hilarious or what? She knew exactly why I was calling.

She told me that the distributors are only carrying it for the West Coast, but that she could send me a case since it isn't sold out here. So, I ordered a case and it goes out on Monday.

That stuff is like gold to me, and because of you, it's on it's way. I'd give you 20 Reps if I could, just for waking me out of my stupor!

Just thought you'd like to know. Thanks a million, Doll!!

Gratefully,
Boof
Hope you have received your box of gold!! Glad I could help ya out!

Old 02-23-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Solemnis View Post
I was up in Springfield last week and had a thought about the Greek yogurt, but our browser had crashed, I lost my bookmarks, and couldn't remember where this forum was!

Have you tried Akin's Natural Foods in Springfield as a source for the Greek yogurt? I didn't realize there was an Akin's up there but just happened to run across it. Akin's is originally a Tulsa company and having lived in Tulsa for about 40 years I've shopped there quite a bit. I'm pretty sure they carry the Greek yogurt there.
Thank you Miss S for the tip. I'll have to check it out. I'm going to Springfield tomorrow, so maybe I can swing by. I'll let ya'll know what I find out about the Greek Yogurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
Hope you have received your box of gold!! Glad I could help ya out!
Darlin,

I did receive my box of Gold!!!! I am sooooo happy!!!! Thank you again for helpin' a pal out!!! You ROCK!!!!!

BIG Hugs,
Boof

Old 02-26-2008, 06:22 PM

Default Greek Yogurt

Had lunch at Bamboo today and while we were in the area we checked out Aitkens (?)..the DO have greek yogurt. Not a huge selection, but they have a couple of brands including the Fage that TJ's sells. Another brand in flavors like pomegranite and fig. Nice little health food store. Sells a little of about everything as far as I could tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area