Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 08:23 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,672,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Yeah, well, it's a tough job...all that samplin'...but somebody's gotta do it, right?

Shall I add you to my prayer list???

haha! maybe just tie me to the tread mill and check on me in 4 days.

but.....'erm, after I sample the carrot cake please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 08:38 PM

1,635 posts, read 3,642,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post
haha! maybe just tie me to the tread mill and check on me in 4 days.

but.....'erm, after I sample the carrot cake please.
Hahaha! I'll send Boof right over with her whip to keep you motivated!

( In case you haven't a clue what I'm talkin' 'bout, follow this link: //www.city-data.com/forum/2911732-post49.html )

Old 04-01-2008, 05:22 PM

791 posts, read 1,815,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
Today I discovered a great artisan bakery in Springfield. It's on Ingram Mill right off Sunshine. If your going up 65 north, turn left onto Sunshine and just past the Waffle House turn left on Ingram Mill. The road sort of winds back a bit and you'll see a car wash on your left. There is no sign for the bakery (there is one on the door only) but it sits between Subway and Mr Yen's. If you pass the car wash, you've gone too far.

Great bread, wonderful bread/cookie sweets. I had a caramel roll for breakfast...yummy. Brought home cranberry-walnut bread that my husband is raving about. We have a french country bread for dinner. The had whole and multigrain breads. Sourdoughs, french bagettes, sweet breads, boule, sandwich breads, etc.

BTW: The greek yogurt at Atkins (?) is better than the brand sold at TJ's. The Fig flavor is wonderful as is the pomagranite.
After re-reading this thread, I'm definitely gonna have to go check these places out!!! I was talkin' with LJ about how hard it is to find Good French & Sourdough bread around here, and we decided we definitely needed a larger selection. Well, we've got Panera, Fall Creek Bakery & Dino's....and I've just come across another one. People, this place's bread is just awesome!!! It's called 'Breadsmith'. It's on S. Campbell, in Springfield. O!M!G!!!, I am totally hooked!!! Next time you're in the area, at least go in just to see what they offer. As you can see on their website, they have a large selection of different offerings.

I'm not saying you're gonna get instantly hooked like I did, but you owe it to yourself to decide for yourselves.

And for anyone who's worried about it....NO, I am in NO WAY affiliated or connected to the Breadsmith or it's Franchisees. (Did I spell that right?)

And the Greek Yogurt? I tried the Pomegranate since I'm such a big Pomegranate fan, and thought the texture was perfect!!! It was nice & creamy, just like it should be. As for the color, I was surprised that it wasn't red, since they say it's made with real Pomegranete juice. It actually looked more like Spackle! LOLOL And the flavor was a little on the tart side. I'll probably try the Fig flavor next time. All in all though, it was good, and well worth trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
I haven't tried the Fall Creek Bakery...(I think that's the name)...because I'm just so rarely in that part of town.

I HAVE tried (repeatedly) Dino's 24carrot bakery in old Hollister.
I'm warning you now, don't go.
The carrot cake is absolutely addicting.
Now, when I'm driving along Bus 65 through Hollister I'm drawn like a drug toward it...they serve 7 kinds of cake but I haven't gotten past the carrot.

Dino has been there in person every time...
He's so....
Mmmmmmmm, sounds absolutely wonderful, LJ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Hahaha! I'll send Boof right over with her whip to keep you motivated!

( In case you haven't a clue what I'm talkin' 'bout, follow this link: //www.city-data.com/forum/2911732-post49.html )
LOL MrsG, I may have the 'whip' & 'wet noodle' to help keep the 'peanut gallery' in check, but when it comes to eating....AutumnGal might have to get off her treadmill to crack the whip on me. LOL

No Help At All,
Boof

Old 04-01-2008, 06:48 PM

33 posts, read 90,912 times
You guys make me hungry just listening to you I told hubby just now that we need to go to Hollister soon. Real soon. BTW... Mickey Gilley is having area appreciation tonight and tomorrow night for locals including Christian co. just bring a can or bag of dogfood for the humane society to get in.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:21 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,672,562 times
Default hahaha!!

Boof & Mrs G, LOL! Kinda think I will skip the sampling and just send it on as a gift.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:04 PM

791 posts, read 1,815,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post
Boof & Mrs G, LOL! Kinda think I will skip the sampling and just send it on as a gift.
Whatever works best for you, GalPal, as long as we get to see you there!!!

Old 04-02-2008, 01:13 PM

41 posts, read 109,824 times
All this talk of food is making me hungry... and I just ate!

Old 05-10-2008, 09:23 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,365,551 times
Talking Gourmet aisle...!

Just thought I'd pop this thread back to the top...I've discovered a cool little gourmet aisle at the Harter House in Hollister...with some of the labels & items we've all been looking for!

The management there has been really good about getting things that I can't find other places...like Melinda's Habanero sauce...

I mentioned in another thread that I found Glen Muir Organics canned tomatoes & tomato products...they have pasta sauce & several other things...

This area has changed so much in 15 years...not that we want it to change TOO much! (But the food items...that's .)

Old 06-30-2008, 08:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,535 times
Default Sugar Leaf Treats

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned Sugar Leaf Treats. They are definitely a hit. They are located in the back of the Engler Block off of 76 before dixie stampede.
My Wife is the daughter of the owners and i finally made it down there to check it out and it is by far the best bakery that I have been to that is family owned and operated. Not being biased I'm not a sweets kind of guy but they are great.

check their website out if interested it has some photos and info on how to contact them if interested. This is a must especially if you are local they deliver.

sugarleaftreats.com

Old 07-08-2008, 01:16 PM

6 posts, read 34,070 times
Default Good Bagels

Mrschilicook, I have many cooking challenges since my son went on Dialysis and I found a bakery Fall Creek Bakery on south end of Fall Creek Branson, MO not too far from Hwy 165 on North side of road. They will bake anything by special order, etc. Worth a try! Cruzan Ez
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area