Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 01:12 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times

Advertisements

Not coated in sugar, just sprinkled! It's like a compliment sandwich!

Old 03-01-2008, 03:57 AM

1 posts, read 3,321 times
Default Not offended, and seeing the obvious

Hmmm,
Yes it is 430 am so please excuse my grammar,

Isn't it funny how so many "Liberals" who accuse others of being "closed minded or ignorant" are really the most closed minded of them all?
Read through this person's questions and give them some thougt. How rediculous, opinionated, closed minded, not to mention blatently obvious this person's predjudices are.
First of all how can you judge somewhere you have never lived, visiting somewhere and living there are totally different.
Of course you will get an accent! If an ignorant redneck moves to the northeast and begins to get a northeastern accent, it does not make his IQ increase any more than a person from Yale moving to the deep south and picking up a southern twang loses IQ points. What a rediculous concern!
Yes, it is flatter than other areas of the US. Those of us "ignorant rednecks" who have lived in other areas of the US know that a person who cannot find plenty of fun and interesting outdoor activities to keep them busy year around in MO is the true closed minded and ignorant person.
Also, Isn't the person who forms an opinion without experience or solid facts, truly the ignorant and closed minded one. Sounds like she (and others here) is a bit hippocritical and "not really" all that "open minded".
What a snob!
Hope I didn't offend anyone!

Old 03-01-2008, 12:29 PM

537 posts, read 1,322,738 times
LOL, do you listen to Savage?

Old 03-01-2008, 05:05 PM

269 posts, read 666,999 times
I currently live in Springfield. Some of what she thinks it true and some is not. Springfield is somewhat flat but farther south into the Branson area has more hills. Springfield can be painfully conservative but I go to college here and most people I know around the university are more liberal. People say that Missouri overall has no accent because we are in the middle of the north and south U.S. and the accents don't sould like either. At least in the Springfield area. We have a Sams club and they are building one more. As far as organic grocery stores- not Whole Foods - but there are a couple that are smaller but nice. Akins and Mamma Jeans - I know, weird name but I have head really good things about it. Downtown springfield keeps getting better and better and the is a much better variety of resturants than there used to be. There are some laid back churches here - you just have to look around. Not so much bapsists everywhere but the assembiles of god has there world headquarters here so the are pretty big but not my style. I hope this helps.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:59 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Wink Vitamin OTFCC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
I'm still here in CA, afflicted with an increasingly acute case of Vitamin OTFCC deficiency.
Cute.

Very cute.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:00 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Wink Just a sprinkle for flavor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Not coated in sugar, just sprinkled! It's like a compliment sandwich!
Xactly.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:42 AM

419 posts, read 1,182,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen1968 View Post
Hmmm,
Yes it is 430 am so please excuse my grammar,

Isn't it funny how so many "Liberals" who accuse others of being "closed minded or ignorant" are really the most closed minded of them all?
Read through this person's questions and give them some thougt. How rediculous, opinionated, closed minded, not to mention blatently obvious this person's predjudices are.
First of all how can you judge somewhere you have never lived, visiting somewhere and living there are totally different.
Of course you will get an accent! If an ignorant redneck moves to the northeast and begins to get a northeastern accent, it does not make his IQ increase any more than a person from Yale moving to the deep south and picking up a southern twang loses IQ points. What a rediculous concern!
Yes, it is flatter than other areas of the US. Those of us "ignorant rednecks" who have lived in other areas of the US know that a person who cannot find plenty of fun and interesting outdoor activities to keep them busy year around in MO is the true closed minded and ignorant person.
Also, Isn't the person who forms an opinion without experience or solid facts, truly the ignorant and closed minded one. Sounds like she (and others here) is a bit hippocritical and "not really" all that "open minded".
What a snob!
Hope I didn't offend anyone!
You didn't offend me. I think it was a great post!

Old 03-03-2008, 11:43 AM

419 posts, read 1,182,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWay2MO View Post
LOL, do you listen to Savage?
Who is Savage?

Old 03-03-2008, 09:58 PM

26,411 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermouse View Post
Who is Savage?
That would be the loony talk radio show host I believe. His real last name is not Savage. I don't like talk radio at all. It annoys me.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:53 PM

537 posts, read 1,322,738 times
I was asking Allen, but thanks for answering for me

Plains10, that's why there are different radio stations, if you don't like it, change the channel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area