Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 11:00 PM

26,419 posts, read 46,591,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWay2MO View Post
I was asking Allen, but thanks for answering for me

Plains10, that's why there are different radio stations, if you don't like it, change the channel
Allen has only made one post.
Oh, I assume you listen to him then, or not? LOL
I am sorry if I came across as being harsh.
Well different strokes for different folks.
I tend to be very moderate overall in terms of my political views, and tend to dislike extremes on both sides of the political spectrum.
I like listening to 80s/90s music on the radio and generally avoid the AM dial

Last edited by GraniteStater; 03-03-2008 at 11:08 PM..

Old 03-03-2008, 11:11 PM

537 posts, read 1,322,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
Allen has only made one post.
Oh, I assume you listen to him then, or not? LOL
I am sorry if I came across as being harsh.
Well different strokes for different folks.
I tend to be very moderate overall in terms of my political views, and tend to dislike extremes on both sides of the political spectrum.
I like listening to 80s/90s music on the radio and generally avoid the AM dial
No problem

Old 03-04-2008, 12:05 AM

2,142 posts, read 4,451,657 times
It'd be interesting to know how many people in the Springfield area do listen to Michael Savage (born Michael Weiner) on the radio. He's based out of my neck of the woods, initially broadcasting from a radio station in San Francisco, then switching over to a competing talk station in S.F. at or about the same time his show went nationwide. When I first heard him back in the mid '90s, I thought to myself, Gosh, his voice is quite a bit like Rob "The Meathead" Reiner's. But not his views.

I'm admittedly a talk radio junkie (big surprise, huh?), but just like some people have to have their morning cup of coffee, I need my morning dose of Hot Talk 560 KSFO's Lee Rodgers, Melanie Morgan (Missouri native, and chairwoman of Move America Forward pro-troops website) and traffic reporter Officer Vic. Former TV meteorologist Brian Sussman, who has an evening show on KSFO, often fills in for Lee Rodgers, especially when he's away on one of his "fact-finding missions." Thankfully, the KSFO Morning Show has a podcast feature available on its website, so I won't totally have to say goodbye to them once I get moved to Missouri!

If I can ever afford a new car, I'll have to think about getting XM satellite radio for it, especially for long road trips. And down to Springfield, of course! (Who says I'm guilty of thread drift??!! lol) Assuming gasoline hasn't gone totally through the 107th floor by then.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:16 AM

2,142 posts, read 4,451,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dundermifflin View Post
Springfield can be painfully conservative.....
Here in Santa Rosa, CA, no one yet has bopped me from behind with one of those Ron Paul yard signs, so I'm pretty lucky! Jest trying to be painlessly conservative but painfully funny....(insert sound of chirping crickets) Ahem, well anyway, back to the topic. I like Missouri but my wife.....likes Missouri! We hope to be residents there soon.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:08 AM

6 posts, read 13,921 times
I have lived in 3 countries, 10 states and 19 or 20 cites and so I know a little about places.

Aside from thinking anyone who hates So. Cal is not playing with a full deck, were I going to move, it would be to Grand Junction, Colorado. It has the best over all weather in the state and is a nice place to live.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen1968 View Post
Hmmm,
Yes it is 430 am so please excuse my grammar,

Isn't it funny how so many "Liberals" who accuse others of being "closed minded or ignorant" are really the most closed minded of them all?
Read through this person's questions and give them some thougt. How rediculous, opinionated, closed minded, not to mention blatently obvious this person's predjudices are.
First of all how can you judge somewhere you have never lived, visiting somewhere and living there are totally different.
Of course you will get an accent! If an ignorant redneck moves to the northeast and begins to get a northeastern accent, it does not make his IQ increase any more than a person from Yale moving to the deep south and picking up a southern twang loses IQ points. What a rediculous concern!
Yes, it is flatter than other areas of the US. Those of us "ignorant rednecks" who have lived in other areas of the US know that a person who cannot find plenty of fun and interesting outdoor activities to keep them busy year around in MO is the true closed minded and ignorant person.
Also, Isn't the person who forms an opinion without experience or solid facts, truly the ignorant and closed minded one. Sounds like she (and others here) is a bit hippocritical and "not really" all that "open minded".
What a snob!

Hope I didn't offend anyone!
METHINKS YOU ARE 100 PERCENT CORRECT!

And if telling the TRUTH "offends" someone, it is THEIR problem, and NOT yours!

Old 03-04-2008, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_missourienne View Post
Thanks, junkman18. I'm sure that really helps the op a lot, and great way to try to make it look less like a personal attack by simply quoting me instead of directly calling me out...

To everyone else--this post is not meant to sound like I am really down on Springfield; it's just that based on the factors the op provided, it seems that Springfield is not a 'fit' for the wife. The only way they will know is to find out for themselves, obviously. He came here to find a variety of opinions, not just a sugar-coated tourist brochure. There are many things I did like about Springfield (especially certain restaurants!), but it mainly gave me the impression of being a 'big' small town (which others have said previously in this thread). Such places are well suited for many people and I wish them the best there. It just does not appear to be what his wife would like, end of story.
SOUNDS LIKE "JUNKMAN" DOES NOT CARE FOR THOSE WHO EXPESS
AN HONEST OPINION. HOW SAD FOR HIM!

Old 03-04-2008, 12:04 PM

26,419 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
It'd be interesting to know how many people in the Springfield area do listen to Michael Savage (born Michael Weiner) on the radio. He's based out of my neck of the woods, initially broadcasting from a radio station in San Francisco, then switching over to a competing talk station in S.F. at or about the same time his show went nationwide. When I first heard him back in the mid '90s, I thought to myself, Gosh, his voice is quite a bit like Rob "The Meathead" Reiner's. But not his views.

I'm admittedly a talk radio junkie (big surprise, huh?), but just like some people have to have their morning cup of coffee, I need my morning dose of Hot Talk 560 KSFO's Lee Rodgers, Melanie Morgan (Missouri native, and chairwoman of Move America Forward pro-troops website) and traffic reporter Officer Vic. Former TV meteorologist Brian Sussman, who has an evening show on KSFO, often fills in for Lee Rodgers, especially when he's away on one of his "fact-finding missions." Thankfully, the KSFO Morning Show has a podcast feature available on its website, so I won't totally have to say goodbye to them once I get moved to Missouri!

If I can ever afford a new car, I'll have to think about getting XM satellite radio for it, especially for long road trips. And down to Springfield, of course! (Who says I'm guilty of thread drift??!! lol) Assuming gasoline hasn't gone totally through the 107th floor by then.
Do you listen to that Savage character, eh
He sounds like a pseudo conservative half the time.
Also, his views on some issues are a little strange when I happen to catch what he is saying occasionally
I think living in the Bay Area after awhile will have some effect on everyone compared with the Plains/Midwest.
I would consider Weiner to be more of the pseduo Republican wealthier types that probably would not agree with Bush that often either

Old 03-04-2008, 12:45 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,383,163 times
Wink Truth vs Facts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWay2MO View Post
I guess I am one of those that likes the cold hard facts. I don't want to be sugar coated and then dissapointed. Call me crazy lol!
Oddly enough, I agree with most of what everyone is saying. My perspective, tho, is trying to separate "facts" from "truth". When someone is asking an OPINION of an area, like the OP, what they will receive are a lot of different people's "truths". La M's truth may be different from my truth. The facts are hard and cold...truths are not necessarily...ya with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoniNeil View Post
I have lived in 3 countries, 10 states and 19 or 20 cites and so I know a little about places.

Aside from thinking anyone who hates So. Cal is not playing with a full deck, were I going to move, it would be to Grand Junction, Colorado. It has the best over all weather in the state and is a nice place to live.
Perfect example! NoniNeil thinks anyone who hates So. Cal is not playing with a full deck. That is HIS (HER?) truth. Or...perhaps opinion would be a better word.

But I know many many people who don't like (hate is such a strong word) So. Cal who (IMHO) have extremely full decks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoniNeil View Post
METHINKS YOU ARE 100 PERCENT CORRECT!

And if telling the TRUTH "offends" someone, it is THEIR problem, and NOT yours!
And again, I agree...but I would use the word OPINION rather than TRUTH.

Anyone?

Old 03-04-2008, 01:18 PM

419 posts, read 1,182,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
And again, I agree...but I would use the word OPINION rather than TRUTH.

Anyone?
I think coming on here and asking if there are a lot of toothless hillbillies is akin to going to the California forum and asking if there are a lot of dirty *******s. It just shows a cold heart and a nasty frame of mind.

Thats my opnion AND the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area