U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2015, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 2,752 times

Advertisements

So I plan on moving to branson for a job and im looking for a safe place in our around the area. I looked online and it says branson is not a safe place to live anyone has any recommendations?
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 12:04 PM

971 posts, read 1,250,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by francff View Post
So I plan on moving to branson for a job and im looking for a safe place in our around the area. I looked online and it says branson is not a safe place to live anyone has any recommendations?
I have lived close to Branson for over 80 years and never felt unsafe. I think you need to do more research to determine who and where the unsafe information is being applied. JMHO

Old 10-16-2015, 12:27 PM

8,585 posts, read 4,710,923 times
I saw a similar report put out by a real estate company that was selling property in Florida and Colorado...consider the source. I haven't been to Branson in a while but the biggest danger was trying to cross the street.

Old 10-16-2015, 04:45 PM

872 posts, read 1,746,877 times
The crime picture in Branson is confusing, at best. The resident population is only 10,000 or so, the actual population can swell to 50,000 people, or more at times. A population of 50,000 will generate a fair amount of crime, no matter where they are. Yet, if you generate crime statistics per capita based on the resident population it will appear as if crime is rampant.

I'm no Branson booster, but crime is not one of the issues one should be most concerned about.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:47 AM

23,601 posts, read 32,760,547 times
No it's not. During the "season," tourist time with about 8 million people a year, there are more petty property crimes but dangerous? I think not. I live about 21 driving miles southwest of Branson and do a fair amount of my shopping there. I have never felt unsafe and I'm a former cop who is very observant of my surroundings. Someone sold you a bill of goods.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:43 AM

620 posts, read 1,006,412 times
If branson is so dangerous ask one person to tell you the "bad" part of town.

Old 12-16-2015, 05:06 PM

158 posts, read 333,415 times
I too would be curious to know the source of this "news".

I recently became aware of a change the city council wants to make to hotel regulations, forcing them to add more security cameras, security guards, etc. This link is to a news report that came out in June this year.

Branson reviews possible safety changes to hotels and motels | Local - KY3.com

The change the city wants to make suggests to me that there is some concern about safety so perhaps it's something that does need more attention?

Old 12-30-2015, 05:58 PM

23,601 posts, read 32,760,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfTheOzarks View Post
I too would be curious to know the source of this "news".

I recently became aware of a change the city council wants to make to hotel regulations, forcing them to add more security cameras, security guards, etc. This link is to a news report that came out in June this year.

Branson reviews possible safety changes to hotels and motels | Local - KY3.com

The change the city wants to make suggests to me that there is some concern about safety so perhaps it's something that does need more attention?
It suggests to me that the several if not many resident hotels off the beaten track of tourist destinations have problems with property crimes, domestic abuses and are targets for drug sales and use.

Old 01-02-2016, 02:49 PM

694 posts, read 1,169,134 times
Here are the most recent FBI crime statistics for Missouri towns. As has been stated before, being a top US tourist destination, Branson's 'population' soars in the summer so trying to compare these numbers to a city with a similar 10M+ population, is statistically skewed.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc..._City_2014.xls

Branson crime stats show 30 violent crimes in 1 month | Local - Home

Old 01-07-2016, 01:32 PM

32 posts, read 61,603 times
When there on a family reunion, we visited the boardwalk on Lake Tannycomo. My older brother went into the drugstore to get film. He put his camera on the counter and walked over to grab the film. When he returned, his camera was gone. He was the only one in the store, so that only left the cashier. He confronted her, but she played dumb and wouldn't give it back. He called the police and they were able to get it back, but that left a bad taste in our minds about Branson. If the workers will steal you blind, what else is going on. Also...the cost of food was higher than around Seattle. Branson is not the place to live. Craziest traffic in the world! Still loved the vacation, but 100 degree heat with 100 percent humidity is not my cup of tea. With all the visitors (8 million), that makes for lots of targets for criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or