Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 01:02 PM

537 posts, read 1,322,316 times

Advertisements

Wow, I am speachless, McCain? Huckabee almost had it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 03:40 PM

526 posts, read 1,246,136 times
Go Huckabee..go Huckabee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-14-2008, 02:52 PM

116 posts, read 445,067 times
You know it is ashame. Ron Paul on the Republican side and John Edwards on the Democratic side are odd man out. Funny thing is both these men would change government and the media and coporations have done such a good job making sure you dont know about them. Edwards has already dropped out in my own very humble opinion is the only who addressed the needs of the poorest in this nation and now their champion is gone hell my champion lol. You know its so funny because they say make your vote count and dont complain if you dont vote but in all reality lets be honest, we vote for who the partys want to run we are given choices their choices not ours and have to pick from the lesser of evils. I am gonna do just that ,I am gonna give my vote to Ron Paul Im not wasting it I am voting my conscience. Woohooo RON PAUL

Old 02-15-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut View Post
I am gonna give my vote to Ron Paul Im not wasting it I am voting my conscience. Woohooo RON PAUL
I agree, people should vote their conscience not for the lesser of two evils. I guess some just can't get beyond peer pressure

Old 02-15-2008, 07:34 PM

258 posts, read 1,504,835 times
I actually like Ron Paul for a Republican candidate. But if you followed politics at all you would see that he has no chance of winning...................NONE

So my advice would be to support the best candidate that has a chance of winning.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california??? View Post
I actually like Ron Paul for a Republican candidate. But if you followed politics at all you would see that he has no chance of winning...................NONE

So my advice would be to support the best candidate that has a chance of winning.
LOL I think most people realize he has no chance of winning, that was'nt the point. Some people base their vote on their moral values, not who has the best "chance" at winning, that would be hypocritical IMO. If the opposite party gets in, so be it.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:10 AM

2,142 posts, read 4,449,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california??? View Post
That's normally excellent advice, but this year, "the best candidate" and "chance of winning" are inversely proportional to one another.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:27 PM

4 posts, read 17,847 times
Muslim fundamentalists have been around for centuries. It's not likely that they will ever go away, and like the rest of us (including those of us who post on the world wide web), they seem closer only because of technology. I should not say "seem" because in reality they "are" closer.

I don't disagree that the extremists pose a threat. That comment is not just about the muslims.....all extremists pose a threat to us. We tend to focus on the World Trade Center when speaking of terrorism in the US, but we must remember that the second worst terrorist attack in the US was planned and carried out by a clean cut ex-marine in Oklahoma City.

In the end, we have a far greater chance of being struck by lightning than ever being harmed by a terrorist (foreign or home grown). That is not much comfort to those who have been affected by the murderers who have committed these criminal acts in the past. While I believe we must be tough on those who would harm us, I also believe that avoiding future attacks involves not only strong military/law enforcement, but also the ability to recognize the kinds of situations that foster these radicals' perverted view of the world. I did not vote for Ron Paul, but I do believe that is what he is saying.....but, as one would expect, his opposition is quick to distort his views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area