Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2008, 01:40 PM

879 posts, read 2,883,184 times

Advertisements

Anyone know a good dog trainer or training facility in the Branson/Springfield general area?

Our shelter dog, who will be 1 year old on Valentines day went to Pet Smart beginner training, but I find it to be a bit too slow for my needs. We want to continue her training in a more quickly paced manner. The jumping up on counters, bodies, etc. and gnawing (on hands, feet, clothes, blankets, etc.) needs to stop ASAP.

Any one use anyone or anyplace they can recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 06:42 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,437,697 times
Dog Spot Training - Home (http://www.spotdogtraining.com/site/ - broken link)

Lisa is outstanding to work with! One of my Newfoundlands and I have been through her beginning, intermediate and advanced obedience courses as well as her trick class. She hosts classes in Springfield and Ozark. Good luck!

Old 02-12-2008, 02:25 PM

Thanks...I'll give 'em a call.

Oh yea...ya'll going to join us for coffee someday?

Old 02-13-2008, 07:42 AM

I'll have to join everyone for coffee one of these days.

If you talk to Lisa, tell her that Mike, Summer and Bailey said hello.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:24 PM

318 posts, read 728,236 times
Glad 8 Snake had a personal reference. I have seen this dog training facility but have never checked it out. I guess this is kinda dumb, but I dont even know the name. It is located at the end of Chestnut Expressway and Hwy 125. Take 65 and go East on Chestnut, once you get to the end make a left on 125 and its on your left hand side. I will check it out tomorrow and get you the name.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:17 PM

Thanks G4. Sounds like the Springfield Dog Training Club. I've talked to them and to Snake8's recommendation which I've already taken advantage of...or at least while in March when the next family dog class begins in Ozark.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4inMO View Post
Glad 8 Snake had a personal reference. I have seen this dog training facility but have never checked it out. I guess this is kinda dumb, but I dont even know the name. It is located at the end of Chestnut Expressway and Hwy 125. Take 65 and go East on Chestnut, once you get to the end make a left on 125 and its on your left hand side. I will check it out tomorrow and get you the name.
I agree with mrschilicook, this sounds like the Springfield Dog Training Club. My wife and I are members of Pet Therapy of the Ozarks along with our two Newfoundlands. We've participated in some Pet Therapy evaluation tests at the center, but haven't taken any obedience or training classes there.

Mrschilicook: I'm glad that you're scheduled for Lisa's class. I'll look forward to hearing about your experiences. Have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area