U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2016, 07:10 AM

265 posts, read 127,061 times

Advertisements

Why is there a need for land taxes? I think after you purchase a piece of property is should belong to you no matter what. The only tax that should be forced on us should be a sales tax.

I know people will say "then a candy bar would cost 10 dollars", well maybe a candy bar should cost 10 dollars if that is what the government is requiring everyone to pay for taxes to pay for all the free giveaways around the world.

The reason everything is taxed is for greed, plain and simple. They spread the tax around so maybe just maybe the little man will not notice as much.

Sorry I cannot help to notice that I am getting taxed so heavily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 03:09 PM

215 posts, read 198,775 times
US citizens are among the lowest taxed. However they seem to make the most noise about it.

How do US taxes compare internationally? | Tax Policy Center

Old 04-19-2016, 07:07 AM

9,943 posts, read 8,619,504 times
I doubt seriously that we are the lowest taxed. Now if you only want to count the grossly overtaxed countries of Europe, well that's another question. But my guess is that our taxes are much higher than the taxes paid in countries that are growing and triving. Our tax rates are probably more like those who are chocking and dying.

Besides, I don't even think these web sites like you listed tell the whole story. First you have to add to the taxation, the total about of local and state taxes paid, besides the federal tax. Then you have to figure the taxation on business, because ultimately the customers pay those also. Then you also have to remember that a large percentage of our population is supported by the govt. So it would be unfair to put them in the category of tax payers. Throw in those people to the statistics of tax payers, who really pay nothing because they are dependents of the system, then you could easily see that the working people are taxed to death. Its become so bad now, that it is getting as it was back in the 70's. People would give up and refuse overtime, since the taxes they paid on the overtime made working the extra hours almost futile.

Old 04-19-2016, 08:51 AM

1,373 posts, read 856,990 times
The 24% seems to be a little bit misleading. Total public spending in the U.S. is about 40% of GDP. How can the difference be explained? 4 or maybe 5% are financed by debt. Remain still more than 10% of GDP without tax funding. The government seems to have further sources of revenues.

That seems to be the case for all countries in this ranking. The stated tax revenues are significant lower than public spendings. And the difference can not be explained with debt financing.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:54 AM

971 posts, read 1,252,231 times
In looking at the chart of taxes, isn't many if not all high tax countries ones that had to rebuild due to WW1 & WW2? We know a bit about the expense when we lost the twin towers and had two or three natural disasters with the hurricanes close to the same time. Many of us don't mind paying for legitimate taxes, it is the corruption expense that we don't like to pay for. IMHO There again we need to define corruption because one persons corruption is another person's freebe!

Old 05-11-2016, 05:50 PM

23,601 posts, read 32,788,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubMike View Post
Why is there a need for land taxes? I think after you purchase a piece of property is should belong to you no matter what. The only tax that should be forced on us should be a sales tax.
Infrastructure, schools, libraries, emergency services... Someone has to pay for them.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:27 PM

357 posts, read 658,288 times
Traffic in Branson can be slow and hectic unless you navigate secondary roads. As stated above Nixa and Ozark have very good school systems and the cost of living in each town will be less than Branson (on the average). Not sure what kind of commute your willing to do so living closer might be a better option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area