U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2016, 09:42 AM

23 posts, read 23,152 times

Advertisements

I have read a lot of the posts about people moving to this area. Most of them are either wanting closer to Springfield or are looking to purchase a home. We are looking to rent.

We have only been a visitor to the Branson area many times but living there is obviously different. Can anyone enlighten me, for real, what it is like in Nixa, Ozark, Branson, Branson West and Hollister? These are the only places I have heard of in that area.
My husband and I are both 50. We have 3 kids 26, 19, 18 and soon to be 2 more, ages 5 and 7 (adopting grandkids). We are needing to rent, preferably with a basement that allows pets. Which of these towns has better schools, entertainment, farmers markets, parks, walking trails, dog parks, etc?
We are going to spend weekend next week looking at various places. If there are specific neighborhoods to check out in these places, neighborhoods to stay away from etc.
What colleges are in the area besides College of the Ozarks? Both my 19 and 18 year olds are already registered to start college where we currently live.
Crime and drugs are in every town and all around us, I get that. But some areas of town are worse that others. Any info on areas to stay clear of are great too.
And what are the names of the local newspapers in these areas?

I'm seriously thinking its crunch time. Schools are not in session but we need to get the littles registered at some point. My husband has to start his new job mid September.

Thank you in advance!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2016, 08:50 PM

215 posts, read 199,238 times
KY3 Springfield, Missouri News, Weather, and Sports in the Ozarks | KY3 - Home is one of the best news sources in the US. MO has too many Universities to list, probably too many to fund, but they're all pretty decent. You'll be fine.

Old 07-05-2016, 01:30 PM

334 posts, read 242,153 times
Missouri State University is in Springfield

Missouri State University

Old 07-08-2016, 07:51 AM

1,327 posts, read 1,165,726 times
If your husband is commuting to Hollister, and you have two kids who might be commuting to Springfield for their college classes (unless they both want to go to College of the Ozarks) then Nixa or Ozark are going to be your best bet by far. Both are well-rounded communities with a mostly suburban feel and lots of shopping, services and other amenities. Both also contain a historic small-town downtown (although Ozark's is easily the better of the two) and older neighborhoods as well.

Public schools in Nixa and Ozark are also top-tier for the region. Good luck!

Old 08-08-2016, 08:36 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 4,934,652 times
Thumbs up Otc...

There are actually TWO colleges in Hollister. C of O and the Table Rock Campus of OTC.
OTC Table Rock Campus – Ozarks Technical Community College
Just saying.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:31 AM

357 posts, read 658,891 times
Agree with Rwiksell on Ozark and Nixa as the best location for north and south commuting. Their public school systems are above average and the crime rates are less than Springtown.

The last day to register for OTC classes was the 18th. Classes start Monday for MSU as well. There's probably a way of getting a schedule set for the second week. Public school in Springtown just finished their second week.

Commuting to Hollister isn't as easy as breezing down 65, living north of Branson makes the most sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or