Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2011, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,850 times

Advertisements

I would like any information i can get about when this Town was founded & by whom. I have several ancesters from this area & some are buried near there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 06:16 AM

364 posts, read 1,420,694 times
Google is your friend.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:59 PM

99 posts, read 231,672 times
Locals warned me about the many crank (meth) users/abusers in that general area and confirmed by a sheriff deputy I spoke with.

Not all (OF COURSE) but it appears there are ample numbers of trashy unsocial folks ther and, in general, throughout the entire SW Missouri area.

I have noticed much defensiveness by the locals but a similar general attitude exists in California regarding earthquakes.

A typical written response to other comments made elsewhere quite similar to the one above is "Well, why don't you just move back to CA."

Even in the many of those postings that also included comments I made about being forced out of California due to the horrid economic and social conditions created by an estimated FOUR-MILLION-plus uhhhhhh not-quite-legal entrants from foreign lands.

(I have learned to avoid censorship in this area (usually) by being as "politically correct" as possible when mentioning a certain criminal group).

On the whole, the local denizens tend to be rather thin-skinned and sadly lacking in rational-thinking abilities.

I "call it as I see it" and do possess above-par observational and interpretive abilities.

When possible i WILL depart this area (surely to the the delight of the local human herd) but I am forced to wait until certain conditions exist and oh how I long for those conditions!!!

Old 03-11-2011, 08:09 PM

974 posts, read 1,587,160 times
BRI, I live outside of Reeds Spring and have noticed none of what you mention. My daughters go to the Reeds Spring Elementary school and it seems to be an above average school. Especially when put next to the school system they attended in Illinois. I am not a sunshine and rainbow person, however I am not a doom and gloomer either. All places have their problems, I just have not witnessed any here. Everyone I run into at the gas station seems like decent people. Everyone at school functions seem like decent people. Maybe I just haven't ran into the same people you have.

With a quick search here ya go Easytime....Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 04-19-2011 at 04:54 AM..

Old 09-10-2016, 11:49 AM

60 posts, read 55,783 times
How's Reed Springs nowadays? I might be looking at renting a property near Reed Springs and was wondering what the area is like currently. Could any other locals comment on the general atmosphere there and if they've noticed any drug problems in the area?

Old 09-10-2016, 12:59 PM

971 posts, read 1,453,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klemmaniac View Post
How's Reed Springs nowadays? I might be looking at renting a property near Reed Springs and was wondering what the area is like currently. Could any other locals comment on the general atmosphere there and if they've noticed any drug problems in the area?
Since I have lived here a little over 80 years, I suppose I am by now considered a local.

Law enforcement has always been routing out the illegal entertainment materials as far as their budgets allow. IMO It has been enhanced by technology for many years as well.

If you are testing the market, I wouldn't advise this to be the place to do it. We support our LEO's.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:10 PM

60 posts, read 55,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff_Dweller View Post
Since I have lived here a little over 80 years, I suppose I am by now considered a local.

Law enforcement has always been routing out the illegal entertainment materials as far as their budgets allow. IMO It has been enhanced by technology for many years as well.

If you are testing the market, I wouldn't advise this to be the place to do it. We support our LEO's.
Thanks for the insight-good to hear from a local. I'm trying to avoid the market altogether personally. It sounds like you're suggesting that there may be a present problem more or less but the local law enforcement is fighting it. Effectively I hope? Needless to say I was hoping for a more conclusive response like " no it's not an issue here at all", but I appreciate you sharing your perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area