Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2017, 05:13 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,492,443 times

Advertisements

I am living currently in the KC Metro area and I like a particular Nissan sedan. Youngblood Nissan in Springfield, MO, has these sedans for a pittance of a price. The car is the 2017 Nissan Versa S 5-speed stick 4-dr. sedan. Youngblood Nissan is offering them now for only $9,999. Brand new sedans.

My question is this for any Springfield area readers on city - data. Have you ever dealt with Youngblood Nissan? Did they treat you right and take good care of you in your car deal? Anyone and everyone is invited to participate and let everyone else know how things went. If any of you all give it the "two thumbs up" I may cruise the 200+ miles south to Springfield and try to make a deal with them for one of those Versa S sedans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 09:12 AM

1,213 posts, read 3,111,269 times
They are the only Nissan dealer in the Springfield area. I helped a relative look at a car there a couple years ago but she bought another brand, although we got pretty deep into talking price on a Maxima. I didn't find them to be any better or worse than the typical car dealer. As with any dealer, read the fine print on the Versa. Might be limited to one specific stock number that "was just sold right before you showed up." Don't let them know you drove all the way from KC to make a deal because then they will figure they have you captive.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:09 PM

They are the only Nissan dealer in the Springfield area. I helped a relative look at a car there a couple years ago but she bought another brand, although we got pretty deep into talking price on a Maxima. I didn't find them to be any better or worse than the typical car dealer. As with any dealer, read the fine print on the Versa. Might be limited to one specific stock number that "was just sold right before you showed up." Don't let them know you drove all the way from KC to make a deal because then they will figure they have you captive.

Excellent advice, JohnZ963. I am now interested in another vehicle, but your advice is timeless. I appreciate it and will keep it in mind.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:05 AM

367 posts, read 765,517 times
A technique I've employed in the past involves the negotiation of a price with a local sales manager. Once a final price is in writing, the local dealer drives a similar model to Springfield and swaps cars. No need to drive to Springfield and subject yourself to a bait and switch or any other dealership trick to separate as much money as possible from you and your bank account.

Old 03-15-2017, 04:39 PM

A technique I've employed in the past involves the negotiation of a price with a local sales manager. Once a final price is in writing, the local dealer drives a similar model to Springfield and swaps cars. No need to drive to Springfield and subject yourself to a bait and switch or any other dealership trick to separate as much money as possible from you and your bank account.

Another good tip. Thanks. I may just keep my 2011 Kia Soul 5-speed base in white with 79,344 miles on it. The car runs great, looks pretty good, but is not yet paid off. Herein lies my attraction to trade it in for a new cheap car. Just start the 5 years of payments over again, but the tradeoff is my wife and I get a brand new car.

I'm also seriously looking at a 2017 Chevy Spark LS selling for under $13,000. Also a 5-speed like my car and the Nissan Versa S. The thing is, I don't have to trade. I want to. What I take from your comments is that I shouldn't let the dealers think I'm too hungry or they'll just sink their incisors in all that much more.

Old 03-17-2017, 06:17 AM

Youngblood Nissan of Springfield has 5 2017 Nissan Versa S sedans with the 5-speed manual transmission available right now. Two in Super Black, one in Fresh Powder (white) and one in Brilliant Silver. They are advertising them for only $9,999 but that is for someone who gets all of the discounts available. The car is $13,230 without any of the $3,231 in discounts. Still cheap, yes. It is the lowest-priced car for sale in America.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:34 PM

548 posts, read 1,038,111 times
I bought my Juke Nissan from them. Only thing I hated about any experience with youngblood is how long I had to sit and wait for all the paperwork crap. Seriously both times it was a whole day ruined. We went with Don Wessel Honda last new car and it was easy and fast.

Old 03-18-2017, 01:54 AM

Did you get a decent price on your Nissan Juke?

Old 03-18-2017, 03:55 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,111,269 times
I haven't seen the Youngblood ad but you have to be careful because sometimes these prices include certain multiple special rebates most people don't qualify for, read the fine print. Law enforcement officer rebate, veteran rebate, recent college grad rebate, quarterhorse association member rebate (actually saw this in a Ford ad), disabled persons rebate, owner loyalty rebate, owner of a competing brand rebate, on and on.

Old 03-18-2017, 06:15 PM

JohnZ963 - yes, that is the case with these Versa S sedans for sale at Youngblood Nissan of Springfield, MO. It's right in their fine print. I am back to the Nissan Versa S as the car I am interested in. Only Stateline Nissan of Kansas City has a great deal on Versa S' now. They have about ten of them selling for only $9811. One Versa S is only $9,511. And they are selling them for that price. There is what they call a Stateline Nissan discount of over $3,000 on them. Don't worry, if I do go pursue one, I'll take my time and read all the fine print. By law they have to show it in its entirety to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area