Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2009, 09:31 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
LJ and I had breakfast at the new grill at the Payne Stewart Golf course in Branson Hills. It was GREAT! Probably one of the best omelets I've eaten in this area..puffy, well cooked, and full of bacon and cheese (my fav.). LJ had eggs benedict and raved about the sauce. They make it from scratch for every order!

Can't wait to try it for lunch.

The ambience is nice too...like most golf courses it overlooks the greens and the restaurant itself is very nicely done.
OK! You just hooked my wife. She LOVES eggs benedict and the sauce is what makes the dish.

We were just talking about restaurants in the general area last night since we'll be arriving there in two days.

Clearly you know your foods of all types. As we were eating chili rellenos for brunch from our favorite and very traditional Mexican restaurant we wondered about both Mexican and Japanese restaurants in your neck-o-the-woods.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 11:35 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,425,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
I'll do that, and your right..it does sound odd. But then lots of really good things sound odd don't they? Thanks for the tip.
Let me know what you think.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:55 PM

879 posts, read 2,878,142 times
Default foodie stuff....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
OK! You just hooked my wife. She LOVES eggs benedict and the sauce is what makes the dish.

We were just talking about restaurants in the general area last night since we'll be arriving there in two days.

Clearly you know your foods of all types. As we were eating chili rellenos for brunch from our favorite and very traditional Mexican restaurant we wondered about both Mexican and Japanese restaurants in your neck-o-the-woods.

Mmmmm some of my fav's include green chili's...I"m a Santa Fe foodie fan..

As far as Mexican food (take this as an insult CD'rs)...I haven't found any mexican food places that will even get a passing grade in my bood. The Hacienda in old Hollister is passable as is some of the items at Tequila's in West Branson...but I would still be giving them a C-. Mexican cuisine, as far as my palate, is better left to cooking at home or going on vacation.

Japanese...there are a several places in Springfield that are good..especially for their rolls. Haruno, Kai, and others have excellent food. In Branson I like Wasabi for their Japanese food..including Bento Boxes. I know that there are a few more but haven't tried them.

Ethnic food of all sorts is around, but only a few haven't "localized" the flavors. Bamboo for Vietamese (especially their summer rolls), 5 Spice for Chinese are two of my favorites. Also like Thai Thai in Branson off Commercial..you have to ask for heat though..I like 5 (hottest).

Good luck...when are you going to be out? Maybe the coffee club would like to meet up with you. They are always good for info..

Old 08-06-2009, 10:59 AM

46 posts, read 121,884 times
Default Whistlers - 2 locations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by conando View Post
I can't believe no one has mentioned some of my favorite places, such as Gailey's Breakfast Cafe, Bambino's Italian Cafe, Patton Alley Pub, Ebbet's Field, Cheezies, and Maria's Mexican Restaurant.

Also, if you haven't already, check out Whisler's Burgers downtown, on McDaniel around the corner from Finnegan's Wake. They are open Thursday-Sunday until 2am (for the drunks) and serve some of the BEST little burgers you'll have.

I like Toaster's Breakfast Cafe, Bambino's and Maria's.

I have thought about trying Whistlers. I wonder if Whistlers is owned by the same folks that own the Whistlers in Carthage/Joplin area. I remember my mama taking me and my sis when we was younger to a Whistlers in that area. Hmmmm.....

Last edited by StormiEssence; 08-06-2009 at 11:08 AM..

Old 08-06-2009, 11:01 AM

Default Mexican and Japanese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

Japanese - Little Tokyo on north side of Springfield and Nakato's on south side of Springfield.

Mexican - Costa Mesa on north side of Springfield or Maria's in downtown Springfield.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:08 AM

Default Fave restaurants

Restaurants we love: Houlihan's, Logan's Roadhouse, Cracker Barrel, Colton's, Lonestar....Neighborhood Pizza Co, Ben's Carriage House, Ott's Pasta (carry-out only), Bambino's, Lamberts, and Mexican Villa.

Restaurants we would like to try - any comments?:
Doe's Eat Place, Whistlers, Kai, and ANY BRANSON restaurants *LOL*.

I have tried many of Springfield restaurants...now if only I can convince my boyfriend that we can venture down to Branson and try some of their local/national restaurants that we do not have in Springfield. Any recommendations on great Branson restaurants?

Old 08-07-2009, 03:45 PM

5 posts, read 18,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Hey, MrsC! Big Easy's sounds good! What did you have?

We went to Dick Clark's restaurant in Branson a couple of weeks ago. It...well...let me just say we don't plan to go back.
Definitely nothing to write home about...but not bad enough to report it to the manager or anything.
We've eaten at Dick Clark's in Branson numerous times and though it's a bit pricey, we really liked it!

Old 08-07-2009, 08:30 PM

1,238 posts, read 4,469,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormiEssence View Post
I like Toaster's Breakfast Cafe, Bambino's and Maria's.

I have thought about trying Whistlers. I wonder if Whistlers is owned by the same folks that own the Whistlers in Carthage/Joplin area. I remember my mama taking me and my sis when we was younger to a Whistlers in that area. Hmmmm.....
I live in Carthage-the Whisler's here is very much alive and kicking. Still no indoor seating, just picnic tables outside. The double pig-and-bull is my favorite! The phone rings off the hook constantly with call-in orders while the tiny lobby is full of people standing around waiting for those yummy burgers.
I have heard that the one in Springfield is an offshoot, owned by the son of the founder of Babe's in Joplin. That could be just a rumor, however.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:29 AM

879 posts, read 2,878,142 times
Question Buckinghams?

Has anyone tried the Buckinghams across from BassPro lately? I used to love their BBQ, but the last two times I've gone there the food was barely passable. My brother had smoked turkey that tasted "off" and my bbq stuffed potato literally thrown on the plate in pieces with coleslaw on top and 2-3 bites of brisket. NOTHING like it used to be nor is it up to par with the one in Nixa. It was also being run by what looked to be a whole new crew of perhaps immigrants...did they change owners or managers? Or did I just pick a couple of bad days?

Old 08-19-2009, 12:12 PM

870 posts, read 3,081,059 times
Default Hi kids!!

My favorite in Branson is Shoguns/Tsunami's. LOVE their sushi!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area