U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 06:58 PM

694 posts, read 1,170,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyB3autiful729 View Post
I am a travel healthcare provider and might end up landing an assignment in Springfield. I'm in a international relationship and we both have a huge amount of tattoos. Our original residence is Jackson, MS and even though there are some interracial couples, you don't see many African American women and Caucasian men together, plus with a lot of tattoos on them so we got quite a few stares. Came to Austin, TX and no even cares ( which is awesome). We're in our early 30s. So my question is how is Springfield? Is it pretty diverse? And is there things to do for people around our age?
CrazyB - I have never watched it and know nothing about it. But if you have some time to kill, TLC recently ran a six episode series on an all female tattoo parlor here in town. You seem to be concerned how your tattoo's might be taken - maybe you can get some clues from some local people that are in the biz. And disclaimer - I really know nothing about the show so if it's a waste of time, I suggest it only as a possible clue .

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/tattoo-girls/

Best of luck with your choice

Last edited by SW Missouri Dave; 04-20-2017 at 07:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 08:17 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,088,935 times
Ok I know it don't make no difference but I lived with a Black woman. Was told by family have your fun but don't be marrying her.

Made a woman in our family Mad because she insisted we are Black. The way she came to this conclusion was in her study of our family she found many Blacks had our Family Name. She didn't want to accept the fact that our ancestors owned slaves. When they were freed they kept our name.

Springfield has changed. Yes there is several Blacks from what I understand they come from Chicago to get away from crime but they bring their problems with them.

Tattoos and Piercings. Tattoos my family has to have the most interesting ones. makes life interesting comparing them at Thanksgiving Dinner Table. Gets better when clothes are removed. Me personally I like color.

Piercings I have to really look at some thinking DANG THAT HAD TO HURT!

brushrunner

Old 04-20-2017, 08:25 PM

6,972 posts, read 6,635,215 times

No pain anywhere near the pain the dogs of Yulin are forced to feel. Against their will. Reach out and help anyone who's trying to stop the Yulin Dog Festival. These nutty Chinese think it's OK to take dogs to a stupid little town called Yulin in China and torture dogs to death. Then sell their meat. The idiots also think that, by torturing the dogs first their meat will taste better when they're cooked.

Right. What a bunch of idiots. This stupid festival needs to be blown ta Smithereens.

Old 04-20-2017, 11:05 PM

1,453 posts, read 1,022,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
Ok I know it don't make no difference but I lived with a Black woman. Was told by family have your fun but don't be marrying her.

Made a woman in our family Mad because she insisted we are Black. The way she came to this conclusion was in her study of our family she found many Blacks had our Family Name. She didn't want to accept the fact that our ancestors owned slaves. When they were freed they kept our name.

Springfield has changed. Yes there is several Blacks from what I understand they come from Chicago to get away from crime but they bring their problems with them.

Tattoos and Piercings. Tattoos my family has to have the most interesting ones. makes life interesting comparing them at Thanksgiving Dinner Table. Gets better when clothes are removed. Me personally I like color.

brushrunner
Springfield is expanding so I'd expect changes, but how do the old timers I mean locals who lived down there for generations view these people coming from Chicago and that? Do they see them as a bunch of carpetbaggers coming down there and changing the demographics, culture?

Old 04-21-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
Springfield is expanding so I'd expect changes, but how do the old timers I mean locals who lived down there for generations view these people coming from Chicago and that? Do they see them as a bunch of carpetbaggers coming down there and changing the demographics, culture?

Down deep they don't like them but won't say anything. Being PC has been beaten into them so much.

Just the way it is.

brushrunner

Old 04-21-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Down deep they don't like them but won't say anything. Being PC has been beaten into them so much.

Just the way it is.

brushrunner
These Yankees from them northern places do they complain about the Ozarks being full of hicks and rednecks and white trash?

I wonder how they would feel about Branson and Dixie Outfitters lol if they ever venture down south.

Old 04-21-2017, 08:49 PM

Quote:
These Yankees from them northern places do they complain about the Ozarks being full of hicks and rednecks and white trash?

I wonder how they would feel about Branson and Dixie Outfitters lol if they ever venture down south.

I use to go to New York City all the time. Only one time I had any trouble. Guy picked a fight because of my accent.

Chicago I never had any trouble but friend of mine had his Brother shot up there.

brushrunner

Old 04-21-2017, 11:50 PM

Quote:
I use to go to New York City all the time. Only one time I had any trouble. Guy picked a fight because of my accent.

Chicago I never had any trouble but friend of mine had his Brother shot up there.

brushrunner
WTF. Seriously, a guy wanted to fight you because you had an upper south Ozarks accent? That is to the extreme. As I talked about another thread that is why I carry. Random acts of violence like that with nuts out there. When someone has a New York accent in southern Missouri or northern Arkansas do you see people wanting to fight?

I personally can't stand people from New England. You have a lot of them here in Southwest Florida. They drive terrible, rude and stuck up. Because the jobs pay a lot better up there they tend to want to flaunt their cash too. NY, NJ and MA people are the worst of them. The Chicago people are okay a few kinda stuck up though. Most of the IL people down here are from Chicago. Don't run into a ton of people from Missouri or southern IL. Of course those are borderline areas as the winters it gets cold but more tolerable weather than in true northern states.

Them New Englanders along with the influx of Hispanics is why Obama won both times and Hillary nearly won here in Florida last election. Trump somehow squeaked by here in Florida.

Oh I really hate Florida drivers especially during season. Driving in general in FL is VERY stressful and higher insurance rates and accidents. I never had problems driving in Missouri much except for 270 and busy times of the day really suck. Driving I75 down here is scary. Even with the occasional snow and ice I'd take St. Louis driving to Florida driving. Lots of road rage here in Florida compared to Missouri as well. Strange in Georgia outside of the nightmare that is Atlanta, the drivers are not bad but then cross into Florida and it all goes to hell.

Old 04-22-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
WTF. Seriously, a guy wanted to fight you because you had an upper south Ozarks accent? That is to the extreme. As I talked about another thread that is why I carry. Random acts of violence like that with nuts out there. When someone has a New York accent in southern Missouri or northern Arkansas do you see people wanting to fight?

I personally can't stand people from New England. You have a lot of them here in Southwest Florida. They drive terrible, rude and stuck up. Because the jobs pay a lot better up there they tend to want to flaunt their cash too. NY, NJ and MA people are the worst of them. The Chicago people are okay a few kinda stuck up though. Most of the IL people down here are from Chicago. Don't run into a ton of people from Missouri or southern IL. Of course those are borderline areas as the winters it gets cold but more tolerable weather than in true northern states.

Them New Englanders along with the influx of Hispanics is why Obama won both times and Hillary nearly won here in Florida last election. Trump somehow squeaked by here in Florida.

Oh I really hate Florida drivers especially during season. Driving in general in FL is VERY stressful and higher insurance rates and accidents. I never had problems driving in Missouri much except for 270 and busy times of the day really suck. Driving I75 down here is scary. Even with the occasional snow and ice I'd take St. Louis driving to Florida driving. Lots of road rage here in Florida compared to Missouri as well. Strange in Georgia outside of the nightmare that is Atlanta, the drivers are not bad but then cross into Florida and it all goes to hell.

I hear accents around here and just kid them maybe. I had people in Kansas City know exactly where I was from by my accent.

I have neighbors that have business in St. Louis but are from Canada. They actually tried suing me for part of my property and half my Drive way. They said I wasn't using it so I might as well give it to them.Took it to a Lawyer and she couldn't help but laughing. Well they decided to basically leave us alone on it but spent $50K on security System because of me. Now they tell everyone how bad I am.

I left here at 18 to work up North and Retired. Moved back here 25 years ago was told I wouldn't have any trouble because I knew the rules. Never call the Law and always be packing. Yes very Clannish but just the way it has been every since I can remember.

My wife liked Louisiana but didn't like Florida.

brushrunner

Old 04-22-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I hear accents around here and just kid them maybe. I had people in Kansas City know exactly where I was from by my accent.

I have neighbors that have business in St. Louis but are from Canada. They actually tried suing me for part of my property and half my Drive way. They said I wasn't using it so I might as well give it to them.Took it to a Lawyer and she couldn't help but laughing. Well they decided to basically leave us alone on it but spent $50K on security System because of me. Now they tell everyone how bad I am.

I left here at 18 to work up North and Retired. Moved back here 25 years ago was told I wouldn't have any trouble because I knew the rules. Never call the Law and always be packing. Yes very Clannish but just the way it has been every since I can remember.

My wife liked Louisiana but didn't like Florida.

brushrunner
Especially with permit less carry passing, I'm sure a lot of people are packing than before. Especially in St. Louis even before it a lot of people carried. In the St. Louis region there are a ton of gun shops and new ranges popping up all over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area