Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2017, 03:10 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to say that. Been here a month getting settled. I'm liking it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2017, 06:20 PM

17 posts, read 16,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Just wanted to say that. Been here a month getting settled. I'm liking it.
Congratulations! Welcome to the community

Old 04-23-2017, 08:05 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Hope you continue to enjoy it. We live about 20 road miles SW of Branson in a semi-rural area and have for eight years. We love it down here on the shore of Table Rock Lake.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:40 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Thank you for the welcomes.

Living in Hollister and loving it.

Old 04-25-2017, 09:14 AM

16,081 posts, read 10,744,030 times
Did they decide not to build the NASCAR track in Hollister? That was the topic of discussion the last time I was there but I never heard how that ended.

Old 04-25-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Did they decide not to build the NASCAR track in Hollister? That was the topic of discussion the last time I was there but I never heard how that ended.
It ended badly for the investors and speculators. They ran afoul of the nearby community, water laws, land usage and probably money as well for which those of us in the general area are well pleased. Johnny Morris' Top of the Rock, Big Cedar, golf course (Tournament of the Masters) marina, shooting range and other enterprises with on-going building and dump trucks on State Hwy. 86 - I'm not a fan - cause enough traffic issues over the course of about five miles and especially where the highway meets Hwy. 65. Of course, Johnny didn't ask me. Those of us who live on and near this portion of Table Rock Lake didn't need another choke point.

Old 04-25-2017, 12:15 PM

16,081 posts, read 10,744,030 times
Right -- the traffic was going to be a bigger mess than it already can be.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:14 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,340,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
It ended badly for the investors and speculators. They ran afoul of the nearby community, water laws, land usage and probably money as well for which those of us in the general area are well pleased. Johnny Morris' Top of the Rock, Big Cedar, golf course (Tournament of the Masters) marina, shooting range and other enterprises with on-going building and dump trucks on State Hwy. 86 - I'm not a fan - cause enough traffic issues over the course of about five miles and especially where the highway meets Hwy. 65. Of course, Johnny didn't ask me. Those of us who live on and near this portion of Table Rock Lake didn't need another choke point.
I can imagine NASCAR would be huge down there with the population.

How bad is traffic around Table Rock and Branson during the summer? Is that area growing too? Last time I was down there was mid May 2013 and it wasn't busy at all two weeks before memorial day. Only Silver Dollar City was and that was because a lot of the schools brought the kids there for the end of the school year.

Old 05-01-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
I can imagine NASCAR would be huge down there with the population.

How bad is traffic around Table Rock and Branson during the summer? Is that area growing too? Last time I was down there was mid May 2013 and it wasn't busy at all two weeks before memorial day. Only Silver Dollar City was and that was because a lot of the schools brought the kids there for the end of the school year.
If done right and "with the consent of the governed" it might be. This was thrust down people's throats and would have essentially ruined a cluster of 80 homes already there. Traffic on State Hwy. 65, 10 miles south of Branson, can become heavy at times, not just on weekends and holidays. The turn-off for the proposed track was at Hwy. 86 going West while those of us who live in the area still have to put up with the traffic to the East occasioned by those things I mentioned in my previous post. Bottlenecks would occur and 86 would be heavily impacted. There is only one lane in either direction and all it takes is one flat-lander/tourist travelling at 35-40 mph (speed limit is 55) to garble things up.

There has been quite a bit of growth since 2013 and it's not likely to stop anytime soon. Many of us who have purchased homes in this vicinity, as we did in 2009, cherish the peace, quiet, serenity and abundant nature on or about the shore of Table Rock Lake. Developers need not apply!

Old 05-01-2017, 05:43 PM

694 posts, read 1,356,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Many of us who have purchased homes in this vicinity, as we did in 2009, cherish the peace, quiet, serenity and abundant nature on or about the shore of Table Rock Lake. Developers need not apply!
Many more of us have been saying the same thing since the 1980's.

Just saying

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area