U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 06:37 PM

7 posts, read 7,838 times

Advertisements

I have just finished a website/blog devoted to relating our experience and observations of having moved to the Branson/Table Rock Lake area of Missouri, five years ago. I believe I provided some useful information for anyone thinking of visiting or moving to the Branson area. Link to the website below:

https://branson-explore.com/

Would appreciate any comments or suggestions on the site.

Thanks

Don Kugle
dkugle@suddenlink.net
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 07:01 PM

7,269 posts, read 5,785,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drk1000 View Post
I have just finished a website/blog devoted to relating our experience and observations of having moved to the Branson/Table Rock Lake area of Missouri, five years ago. I believe I provided some useful information for anyone thinking of visiting or moving to the Branson area. Link to the website below:

https://branson-explore.com/

Thanks

Don Kugle
dkugle@suddenlink.net
Nice blog Don. You have a nice enjoyable conversational writing style. I enjoyed reading what I had time to read- I'll check back!

Old 08-01-2017, 07:26 AM

873 posts, read 1,746,877 times
I am myself a descendant of those early settlers. Only the Scots, Irish, and their children who had been scratching out a living in the Appalachians could have looked at the thin clay on these rocky hillsides and said, "Yes, this looks like a good place to farm."

Old 08-01-2017, 11:19 AM

1,453 posts, read 1,018,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrby View Post
I am myself a descendant of those early settlers. Only the Scots, Irish, and their children who had been scratching out a living in the Appalachians could have looked at the thin clay on these rocky hillsides and said, "Yes, this looks like a good place to farm."
The Ozarks, especially in the southern quarter of Missouri where it's hillier reminds me of Eastern TN and far north GA mountains except it's not quite as rugged as the Appalachians.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:44 PM

8,589 posts, read 4,713,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drk1000 View Post

I think you covered the Branson area as well as I've ever seen. I lived on the edge of the "greater" Ozarks for 35 years and went to Branson four or five times as an adult. I would say it is getting better over time. The traffic was not as horrific on my last visit as it once was. The "Ozarks" might not be for everyone but the Branson area offers enough to keep people happy and coming back. I'm not a golfer but we used to scuba dive on Bull Shoals and Table Rock lakes. Trout fishing on Lake Taneycomo or over at Roaring River is good. As a kid my family and the dog would rent a cabin at Rockaway Beach before Table Rock dam went in and turned the water ice cold. Those old cabins are still there filled with trout fisherman now, I guess.

Old 08-01-2017, 06:26 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks for the comments. One of the interesting things about the area is that so many of the old cabins and little resorts that folks remember from years ago are still here and in business. I forgot to mention that Table Rock Lake in particular is a popular scuba diving area thanks to the relatively clear and clean water.

Old 08-02-2017, 12:58 PM

Default Blog Update

My blog updated today - thoughts on the housing market in the area

Old 09-06-2017, 09:17 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,087,019 times
I remember so much of Branson back in the '60's when the population was about 300.

brushrunner

Old 09-08-2017, 03:41 PM

60 posts, read 88,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
I remember so much of Branson back in the '60's when the population was about 300.

brushrunner
So do I with the fondest of memories.
....the little roadside gas stations with the Peacock design chenille bedspreads hanging all stretched out on lines to lure you in to their attached gift shop where it always smelled like all the Cedar-made gift they sold.

Old 09-11-2017, 01:19 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,087,019 times
Went checked your Blog out again. You speak well of Big City Ways of Branson but not much of the way people of the Ozarks are to these days.

It has been very slow to change deep in the Real Ozarks things are still 20+ years behind but people still manage to survive. Worst thing a person could do is what I did few years ago, sold my 20 acres of hills, brush and rock. We had just gotten Electricity and Telephone with Party Line.

brushrunner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area