Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2017, 06:25 PM

4 posts, read 3,265 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I am a 24 year single African American woman living in Saint Louis that is strongly thinking about moving back to Springfield once I finish college. I haven't been gone that long, all in all it's been about 6 years or so. I wanted to know what are the best places to live in Springfield and areas to stay away from. I originally moved to Saint Louis for the better job opportunities. It took me forever to find my first job in Springfield, how is the job market now. I am currently going to school or RHIT/ Medical Billing and Coding. How difficult would it be to find job related in this field? I'm just afraid to move back and be in the same situation I was in before. I appreciate any and all suggestions!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 02:02 PM

367 posts, read 765,855 times
I'd secure employment first and rent for at least six months to see if the job works out. Does your university have a placement program with fairs and recruiters for your line of work. Jobs.mo.gov, Indeed and the sites for Cox and Mercy would be prime targets for medical related specialties.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:50 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,406,823 times
Ok my wife just said to save time moving because chances are the same in Springfield as St. Louis.

She also said you will make 2X the money there or Kansas city than Springfield.

brushrunner

Old 01-15-2018, 08:23 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,344,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
Ok my wife just said to save time moving because chances are the same in Springfield as St. Louis.

She also said you will make 2X the money there or Kansas city than Springfield.

brushrunner
Springfield is about the type of pay you will find here in Florida. Low pay. At least in Missouri the cost of living is cheaper than here in FL. Even with the small state income tax it's still cheaper.

I guess they figure people will work for less in Springfield in order to be closer to Table Rock.

Old 01-22-2018, 02:38 PM

4 posts, read 3,265 times
Thank you guys for the comments!! The more I think about and look at the job market, I think I may stay put in STL for awhile longer.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:28 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,344,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexisNicoleB View Post
Thank you guys for the comments!! The more I think about and look at the job market, I think I may stay put in STL for awhile longer.
Also factor that down there the weather is a bit better too. Winters are not quite as cold and Spring starts a bit sooner. Down there you get a lot of days in the winter where it gets well into the 60s.

Greene County has been steadily growing too. I wonder how the infrastructure handles it for such a small county. I see people on here complaining about traffic. Some of the growth has been spreading into Christian County as well.

If I lived in MO again I wouldn't mind living by Springfield in order to get a bit warmer weather in the winter. Although the summers in southern MO are more humid than St. Louis since it's further south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area