Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2017, 06:26 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,406,164 times

Advertisements

Ok growing up in Springfield we as Teens always went to the bad part of town to drink and play pool on Commercial Street. North West of town has always been the poorest part of town, my first apartment in town was on North Main.

Homeless have always been there they closed the Missouri Hotel with no plan. So Homeless scattered into Camps around town. The city decided break up these camps, most just moved. Then they started picking up Panhandlers, still didn't stop them. Then the city thought put them to work, hey making more Panhandling. Now I see on the News where they are building small houses for homeless, wonder how long this will last?

I had a Homeless person I tried to help. He was living in a Small tent year round, getting Free Meals in town. He had a check coming in once a month. Took him to get his check, he got violent when we wouldn't take him to get Meth.

Found he is with some program, got him off drugs, got him on his Medication, found him a place to live and they are handling all his money. This was all working and I hope it still is just I'm afraid he has went back to his old ways because haven't seen him for months.

Thing is there will always be Homeless in Springfield. Many know no other life and they don't really want to change no matter how much the city wants to sweep this problem under the rug.

brushrunner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area