Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2017, 03:20 PM

3 posts, read 3,414 times

Advertisements

I am a retired college instructor who has built and raced modified cars from the 20's, 30's thru the 60's since 1961. I own a building that is not yet up to being done and is in the final stages of getting there. But I lack help. seems everyone I stumble across wants a job and a paycheck! I DO understand... BUT how can I do the paycheck w/o taking in work? When I do it is to help pay the helpers. Then that stops the progress on finishing the shop . I am the type of instructor (and builder) who has everything ready to go and in it's place. Then work can and DOES begin on the cars. I am not the typical shop who competes with the local establishments in business. Most locals do not want what I do. Nor am I the cheapest shop in town. (When I am in business).

I am a teacher/ instructor and NOT a fix it shop owner. I know how to train and get the trade across to learners. I am not a boss as such. I have earned many awards in teaching with my students and many with the cars I have built.

I need help and I am running out of steam as it is MY money being put into this place leaving little for labor and help. So far I have 11 years into this place. Many do not understand this when coming on board. You will get training here and being taught HOW to do stuff right. NOT just used for my labor. Someone willing to learn the trade would be great. You can be a foreigner, a local, or someone with another source of income. I have taught both in Florida and Missouri and have had MANY peoples of different race, and from MANY countries. They all became winners in competitions so I do have a PROVEN track record!

I KNOW I am in the Show-me state (back where I grew up). But I have had to show everyone in Tampa, Ft. Myers, Spring Hill, and Apollo Beach what I could do there too. One has to do this in any state you are in. But again I am running out of steam here locally. It has not been as I expected here. Partly because I am not employed as an instructor in the local area Ozarks this time around. SO everyone is seeing me look stagnate driving by but only as my shop is not done and in production. I will not build any cars by walking around the shop hunting for parts and trying to move stuff laying in everyones way. Not fun. Not a productive way to work. The shop is close to being ready.

I am not stupid nor a quack dreamer I know how to instruct, How to build and engineer. Have a track record if anyone is interested and willing to check me out. I am in no way local competition for these local shops as we have cars in house to build and get out there to sell. The training is here. It will be something that you will take with you into other shops at the least!
At the most it will be just like on TV on all of those car shows. Or you could end up taking over after we start the shop turning out product. In house I have a cabinet woodshop, a sheetmetal fabrication shop, a welding fabrication shop, a media-blasting shop, paint room, assembly area, wiring area, Machine shop, A lot of areas to learn. OR you only want one area when we go into production.

Any interest would be helpful. Constructive comments in person preferred, Students would be a pleasure but only IF you really want to learn. Learning takes time and repetition. Plus doing it for real on projects that will soon go out the door.

Another note is that this instructor IS certified in both Florida AND Missouri for the areas taught.
Contact 417-300-5990 Mr G.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area