Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 12:27 PM

45 posts, read 130,260 times

Advertisements

Hi, Tambre!

Thanks for the welcome! We are very excited about moving there! Can't Wait!! Besides, the quiet and peace will give me a perfect spot to work on my next books. I have 3 on the market at the moment and am half way through #4.

Thanks again!

PS Hey, MrsChiliCook! Love the name! I was a pro kook in my early days for about 13 years. I do all the cooking at home. The wife loves it. <smile>

Gene
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 02:11 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeasyouare View Post
Hi, Tambre!

Thanks for the welcome! We are very excited about moving there! Can't Wait!! Besides, the quiet and peace will give me a perfect spot to work on my next books. I have 3 on the market at the moment and am half way through #4.

Thanks again!

PS Hey, MrsChiliCook! Love the name! I was a pro kook in my early days for about 13 years. I do all the cooking at home. The wife loves it. <smile>

Gene
Hi Gene,
What are the names of the three books you've written? Missouri life was a definite inspiration for Mark Twain, hope it is for you! Tambre

Old 04-08-2008, 04:15 AM

38 posts, read 175,960 times
I love Mark Twain~~boy was he soooo way ahead of his time! Awesome writer!

I am checking out 2 states, and I just cannot make up my mind which one to chose. Missouri is one of them. The humidity and being too close to family turns me off though moving to Missouri. If I can just get my head around these two issues, I think it would be a good move.

Thanks for the info of those who posted about the economic & magazine stuff...all of that helps.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curosi-dee View Post
I love Mark Twain~~boy was he soooo way ahead of his time! Awesome writer!

I am checking out 2 states, and I just cannot make up my mind which one to chose. Missouri is one of them. The humidity and being too close to family turns me off though moving to Missouri. If I can just get my head around these two issues, I think it would be a good move.

Thanks for the info of those who posted about the economic & magazine stuff...all of that helps.
Hi Curosi-dee,
What is the other state you are thinking of? My hubby is a big Mark Twain fan, and has read me some excerpts from his books, and he definitely was very ahead of his time. He also seemed to have such amazing insights into the human condition. Are you originally from Missouri, or did your family move here later? Tambre

Old 04-08-2008, 11:39 AM

Hi, Tambre...

Here is a link to my website. It tells you a bit about the books I write. Moderator cut: website

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. <smile>

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 04-08-2008 at 05:00 PM.. Reason: Personal websites not allowed

Old 04-08-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Hi, Tambre...

Here is a link to my website. It tells you a bit about the books I write. Moderator cut: website

Hi Gene,

Wow, you're an official author, that's fantastic. You're books look very interesting! Is your next book going to be part of the Colony series?

Tambre

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 04-08-2008 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: personal website ref removed

Old 04-08-2008, 06:13 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,380,482 times
Talking Authors...'n books...

Quote:
Hi, Tambre...

Great site, Comeasyouare...we can just click on your name to see it!

Another author in SW MO......!

(I love Mark Twain too...I've linked him to MY website...)

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 04-08-2008 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: Excellent idea !

Old 04-09-2008, 03:19 AM

38 posts, read 175,960 times
Tambre ~~ No, my family do not live in MO, but they are within 12-14 hours. I know that sounds terrible, but not everyone has good childhood memories, put it this way, I left when I was 18 years old. I have other "family" that I am not related to and so in a sense I have a nice family.

Yes, Mark Twain sure had some great insights into human nature! I have read the Innocents Abroad, Roughing It, and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. His books are witty and his travels are insightful for his time period. I had moments of reading his books and laughing aloud. Here is a couple of quotes by Mark Twain, "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." "Always do right -- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."

Comeasyouare ~~ I use to live in Portland, Oregon. I left there last summer. The 7 months of drizzle, gray/cloudy days, and bone cold days was a bit too much...the summers are great though! I miss the hiking trails behind the zoo.

The second state I was looking into is South Dakota.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:22 PM

Hi, All...thanks for checking out my website. I have a couple of them. Moderator cut: ref remarks removed If you want further information on the books, just email me direct and I'll send you links.

Anyway, yes, Tambre, the book I'm working on is part of the Colony series. There will be 4 or 5 books in the series before I move on to other topics. In fact, the Colony series is one of the reasons we're moving to MO. (now there is a cryptic thought for you. hehehehe)

Hi, Lake Junkie! Nice to meet another author!!! I'll tell you what's fun! Being able to Google my name and find it on the web!! Whoo Hoo! Am I KOOL or What!? LOLOLOL

Hi, Curosi-Dee!.. Yeah, if you love the outdoors, Portland area is a great place to be! I moved up here from LA so it was quite a change for me. As a Michigan native, I'm also used to your weather. I'm looking forward to the Thunder Storms!

We'll be there soon!

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 04-09-2008 at 01:12 PM.. Reason: previous post ref remarks removed - see ToS

Old 04-09-2008, 03:05 PM

Hi Gene,

Anyway, yes, Tambre, the book I'm working on is part of the Colony series. There will be 4 or 5 books in the series before I move on to other topics. In fact, the Colony series is one of the reasons we're moving to MO. (now there is a cryptic thought for you. hehehehe)

Uh Oh, you're making the Close Encounters song play again in my head! Are we all being led to Missouri by some mystical force (aside from high taxes and beautiful country, and friendly down to earth people)? Tambre
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area