Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2019, 08:53 AM

22 posts, read 54,635 times

Advertisements

Hey guys!
I am about to get a house on the outside of Strafford towards Marshfield. I am having some issues finding internet. The only one that provides somewhat good speed is Hughesnet. Does anyone have experience with them? or is there a better option that I am just not finding?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2019, 04:08 PM

215 posts, read 283,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slp45270 View Post
Hey guys!
I am about to get a house on the outside of Strafford towards Marshfield. I am having some issues finding internet. The only one that provides somewhat good speed is Hughesnet. Does anyone have experience with them? or is there a better option that I am just not finding?
If your only option is satellite (no cable to the premises) then you have two choices: Hughes (Dish TV) or Viasat (AT&T, DirecTV). We chose Viasat. Speeds are okay, better than I'd expected. There may be some 4G options but most folks are very disappointed in them and drop them quickly. Downside of living in "The middle of nowhere".

Old 11-20-2019, 02:24 PM

305 posts, read 241,306 times
I use a mifi setup from verizon. It is like having a cell phone that supplies your laptop or xbox or whatever with internet. I am paying 55 bucks a month for unlimited. It does slow down a bit at peak times but not too much. I can watch HD on my laptop and game on my xbox at the same time with it. So it is pretty quick. I am not sure if they still offer the same plan but I am sure they got something like it. Check out MIFI connections. This is a wireless setup, just like a cellphone, so if you can get a cell signal it will work. Here is another advantage of a mifi setup, you can take it in your car or anywhere and your internet will follow you. It plugs into a usb port so you can charge it in your car.

Old 07-06-2020, 07:45 PM

139 posts, read 169,606 times
Starlink will hopefully be an option end of this year or next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area