Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 07:26 PM

27 posts, read 114,703 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I've been lurking awhile, but this is my first post.

I am about to make a trip to Springfield/Branson at the end of June. I will be visiting family there I haven't seen in years, but while there we will go to Branson, SDC, and just hang out around Springfield.

I'm wondering what to pack to wear for that time of year? Is it pretty hot and humid by the end of June? Do I even need to bring long pants? I will probably have a light jacket for the plane, but will I even need it while there?

I'm hoping to pack light and just have a carry on...

Thanks for your help!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 09:58 PM

471 posts, read 1,327,504 times
It can be very warm and humid. 80's to 90's - extremes would be 60's and 100's.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:41 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,381,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn2 View Post
Hi,

I am about to make a trip to Springfield/Branson at the end of June. I will be visiting family there I haven't seen in years, but while there we will go to Branson, SDC, and just hang out around Springfield.

I'm wondering what to pack to wear for that time of year? Is it pretty hot and humid by the end of June? Do I even need to bring long pants? I will probably have a light jacket for the plane, but will I even need it while there?

Thanks for your help!

Lynn
Lynn,

The rule of thumb here is to have a little of everything.
Anytime in June should be warm & possibly muggy...but it depends on whether you're the type that's always freezing, or if you're like some of us and have an internal heater that's outa control!
The light jacket should be fine, then just tanks & shorts...long pants only if you're planning some hiking in the woods.

It's a beautiful place...BTW, for SDC I wear clothes that can get soaked and carry my wallet, etc., in a waterproof fanny pack or something I can stick in a pocket.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:40 PM

452 posts, read 1,640,200 times
wear light clothes lol, it will be a steam-bath by that time

Old 05-08-2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetmeoutofAR View Post
wear light clothes lol, it will be a steam-bath by that time
LOL! That's kinda what I thought, and it will be even worse for me since I have lived here in CA all my life!!! What's funny, is that I have been to MO in June before, but don't remember it being all that hot and humid... but that is probably because I have been to Texas and Florida in June too and boy was it steamy there!!! Especially Florida!! Told DH I would never willingly go back to FL in the summer!!!

Thanks for your help, I'll pack lightly!

Old 05-09-2008, 12:16 AM

55 posts, read 222,853 times
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for your help!

Lynn
Cold fronts can always move in and drastically change the weather but generally June is very hot and very humid. Make sure you've got shorts and an air conditioner.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:17 AM

870 posts, read 3,081,768 times
Default Averages....

This link will take you to a page with average temps for Springfield...

It really doesn't get THAT bad, until August. TX and FL are already getting too hot for me!

Springfield Weather - Missouri - Average Temperatures and Rainfall

Old 05-09-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
This link will take you to a page with average temps for Springfield...

It really doesn't get THAT bad, until August. TX and FL are already getting too hot for me!

Springfield Weather - Missouri - Average Temperatures and Rainfall
Thanks! It's really hard for me to tell with those weather charts, because those averages are actually the same as the daytime averages here in CA where I live!! The difference is in the humidity - it makes it feel so much hotter than mid 80's. I actually wear pants and jeans here in those temps and I'm not too hot. it's dry and there is a breeze here.

Anyway, the temps are what I thought, just wasn't sure if the humidity thing was "in full swing"! LOL

Signed Lynn, native Californian weather wimp

Old 05-09-2008, 12:29 PM

879 posts, read 2,878,761 times
Default What part of California?

I'm from California too..Pleasanton. What part of California are you in?
There are areas that are similiar to here in June so the temps your seeing could be quite similiar.

Last summer was fairly dry here (we were just completing our move) but it can rain. Think northern Cal. (Sacto) in June. Could be warm, could have a day or two of cooler (but not cold) weather. You will want shorts and jeans/slacks and probably tops other than poly/acrylic/spandex. It can be humid, but doesn't get too bad until July/August....but not like Florida or Houston. We find this area to have changeable weather.....but by late June it should be mostly warm with the possibility of rain and humidity.

If your good at packing a carry-on you'll be okay...you won't need bulky coats and sweatshirts that time of year, but you may want a light jacket and some long pants.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:45 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for your help!

Lynn
Be prepared for hot and humid weather. It will probably rain while you are here (because it's been raining non-stop for about 5 months now). You might want to bring a light jacket and long pants if you will be going to a music show. They crank up the A/C pretty good in those places and it can get cold! (even when it is 99 degrees outside).

Don't forget a hat and sunglasses and if you use sunscreen - that too.

20yrs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area