Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2008, 11:22 AM

974 posts, read 1,581,424 times

Advertisements

sorry i couldnt make it this round everyone. i have been busy getting the property put back together. finally got everything fixed on the house that was wrong.... let me tell you what a fricken mess that was lol. hope to see ya'll next time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 12:29 AM

93 posts, read 304,421 times
Well, I finally have some time on my hands and would like to come down and meet you all. When is the next one going to be? And since I'm driving over 200 miles to be there, I'd really appreciate it if someone could refer me to a decent hotel/motel in the area, that way I could make a day and night of it!

What do you say Northwoodsvoyager, are you up for the next one? After all, as you so wisely advised me, sometimes we need to take some time off for ourselves. I wish I could bring Kareybear with me, but I think it's too much to ask of the poor girl, what with her having her baby this morining and all, lol.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:27 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,528,184 times
I'm thinking about it! Will have to wait and see how recovery goes first. Not allowed to drive for a few weeks, they say. Hahahaha...try to keep me from driving? We'll see. What happened to kshe? Did she not make it then? Pictures of this get together???? Y'all take care and see ya later.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:25 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,361,139 times
Default Ooops!

I guess we forgot pics this time...no, kshe didn't make it...it was Mrs. Chilicook, Cruisinez, Califolkie, Monana, Darlynn & yours truly. We had a nice visit, we'd all met before, you know.

It's always fun, I especially love meeting the new people. Then we all share our stories about why we moved here, and where to find things, and ...you know.

See you all next time?

Old 08-17-2008, 12:20 PM

879 posts, read 2,868,338 times
Default Sept otfcc

SEPT. 13th is the next regularly scheduled get-together (3rd Wed. of each month) at 10:00 am

Since it was more south in August, how about the Ozark or Fremont Hills area in Sept.?

We can do the Riverwalk Jazz Cafe 9on the square in Ozark) again unless someone knows of another coffee house up that way.

Speak up and vote! (after all this IS the year of the vote).

Old 08-23-2008, 10:33 AM

879 posts, read 2,868,338 times
Post Challenge for Coffee Club members and CD fans

For the Sept. OTFCC groupies I'm challenging each of you to either schedule your mammogram, ensure your loved ones have scheduled, or have completed their mammograms. I was just diagnosed with breast cancer and am preparing myself for this fight. As part of my challenge, I want to ensure that all of my friends, family, and CD buddies are doing everything they can for themselves, for their female loved ones, and their female friends to minimize the 1 in 8 risk that we all face that we will find this disease in our bodies.

Take care and hopefully I'll see everyone (EVERYONE ya hear?) on Sept. 17th.

Last edited by mrschilicook; 08-23-2008 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: punc.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:19 PM

1,635 posts, read 3,640,063 times
Dear, dear MrsC! I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis! I know there is plenty of hope and reason to believe that you will come out of this healthy and doing wonderfully but I am so sorry to think of you having to go through it. I will definitely look into getting a mammogram soon.

I'm lookin' forward to seeing you and everyone on Sept. 17th. Jazzy Cafe is fine with me. We had a great time there. Maybe we can all walk over to the gazebo at the courthouse and take a group picture there.

By the way, I thought it might be helpful to include a link to find mammography centers in MO:
Mammography Centers Missouri (MO)

Take care, girlfriend! You will be in our prayers!

Old 08-24-2008, 10:27 PM

2,140 posts, read 4,431,804 times
Red face Sure glad I clicked on this thread!

OK Mrs. Chilicook, just consider how TV personality Christina Applegate has (at least for now!) overcome breast cancer. I also have an aunt who is 84 years old who was discovered to have breast cancer, and they caught it at a very early stage. This was about 25 years ago. She is mentally as sharp as a tack, and physically she is doing darned well too!

I'm joining Mrs. G. in praying you're going to whip this thing, OK? We believe Jesus is the Great Physician, and in the Catholic faith, we ask for the intercession of Saint Peregrine for those diagnosed with any kind of cancer. Between all of us, we'll really get God's attention; and while He's not a God of miracles on demand, He is surely a God of miracles! That fact combined with the latest in medical technology and the discoveries, healings and cures that have been achieved using adult stem cells--well, Mrs. C., it would be wonderful if I could meet you and the whole gang of MO peeps at an OTFCC someday soon! Know that you are not alone in this new fight.
YouTube - Don Moen - God Is Good

Old 08-24-2008, 11:00 PM

67 posts, read 156,604 times
I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope to meet you at an OTFCC in the future sometime. In the mean time please take care of yourself. I know you have lots of friends on this forum and all of us will be here for you if there is anything we can do to help out!

Old 08-24-2008, 11:38 PM

974 posts, read 1,581,424 times
im thinking of ya mrschilli and i wish you the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area